Free Multiplayer

Because Halo Reach is so old why doesn’t Xbox live make the multiplayer free? I’m sick of paying 10 USD a month for my basic rights to play Reach multiplayer. An even better question. If Microsoft is so rich then why do we have to pay for a feature that is already implemented into the game that should be free?

> 2535464077691593;1:
> Because Halo Reach is so old why doesn’t Xbox live make the multiplayer free? I’m sick of paying 10 USD a month for my basic rights to play Reach multiplayer. An even better question. If Microsoft is so rich then why do we have to pay for a feature that is already implemented into the game that should be free?

Good afternoon

If you’re paying $10 USD a month for Xbox LIVE gold, then why don’t you pay $60 for 12 months, as you would be getting 6 months free for paying for a year at a time?

Also, Halo is Microsoft’s ‘mascot’ so to speak. That combined with the fact that 343i has no intention of updating Reach anymore, just doing routine server maintenance, I don’t see this happening. Sorry, and the rights you speak of are what you are paying for if you would read through the Terms of Service you agreed to upon signing up for Xbox LIVE gold. Not to be a downer, but you don’t pay for LIVE gold, then you don’t have the ‘rights’ you are inferring to. Keep in mind, even though nothing but routine maintenance is being done for the Reach severs now, that maintenance as well as running the servers costs money. By paying for XBox LIVE gold, you are basically stating that you want those servers to keep running and you want to keep playing multiplayer. Your money goes toward development of new games, hardware development of current and future microsoft consoles, as well as upkeep towards the Reach servers. It’s a two way street and nothing is truely free.

I hope that helps and have a nice day now.

> 2535464077691593;1:
> “If Microsoft is so rich then why do we have to pay for a feature that is already implemented into the game that should be free?”

Because you are playing for a service that connects you with other gamers, maintains the integrity of those games, has checks and balances in place to make sure you get a good experience when playing online and offers this service to every game you buy at no additional charge.