Free Mappack is a good thing

Just think a lot of people will be able to play on the new maps, old DLC on Halo hardly had anyone on them. I see it as a positive more than a neg lol. Sorry LE people maybe youll get something in return?

it’s good for you but me I don’t mind the low population if everyone paid the same amount of money I paid

One might look at it as an unintentional “sorry for the screwup with the Spec codes” from Microsoft.

And yes, more people will have them at the least. Maybe, just MAYBE I’ll see something other than Haven/Exile/Ragnarok in the matches I play.

Agreed. But see, you’re using logic. Let’s look at this forum today:

1. Outrage at 343i that map pack wasn’t working early this morning. That is MS’s fault not 343s.

2. Outrage from LE and Map Pass owners that others are getting the map pack for free. That is MS’s fault not 343s.

3. And now we get the wonderful outrage that, because MS messed up, 343 should somehow compensate people.

People here are clowns. And frankly, if you’re THAT concerned with $10 you need to get off of Waypoint and either go study or get back to work.

The people with LE need to chill, you bought it for the all the goodies inside. Skins and what not the map pack was icing on the cake. Chill out guys lol the next map pack will cost money damn

I don’t believe this is a good thing especially for people who bought the Season Pass or the LE(me).

> The people with LE need to chill, you bought it for the all the goodies inside. Skins and what not the map pack was icing on the cake. Chill out guys lol the next map pack will cost money damn

Seems like everyone’s agreeing on this pack being free…well i still have to pay 800 msp for some reason.

Nope, not even going to get compensation.

I personally bought the map pack, but i’m not bothered in the slightest that its free, i can see why LE owners are angry but i’m sure there will be something to compensate this. On the plus side though there are alot more people to play with and i’m just glad that i can play them and enjoy them along with everyone else, by the way i think they’re really quite good, playing on harvest is awesome seeing as i have read the books and its nice to see halo canon making appearances in the games :). Anyone share my opinions?

Did you guys seriously think you were going to get compensated? Seriously? Put on a hard hat, life is going to be a rough ride.

I bought 2 LEs and the Halo console. Not for a second did I ever think about “compensation” over $10. It’s very simple:

1. MS released the map pack and screwed up - making it free to download for a time.

2. The people who were able to download it for free were not breaking any rules as it was on Xbox Live for free and able to be downloaded via license.

3. As with ANY OTHER issue, MS will fix it and it will be the price it should have been $10.

> I don’t believe this is a good thing especially for people who bought the Season Pass or the LE(me).

I’m sure youll be compensated, but yall are acting might greedy lol. It’s ten dollars plus LE was more than just map packs. DLC should not even cost money in the first place to be honest. I’m just freaking happy I have a few new maps to play now besides the same old. Your compensation is all the added stuff in the LE…act like everything should be handed to you because you bought LE that is just greed lol

> > I don’t believe this is a good thing especially for people who bought the Season Pass or the LE(me).
>
> I’m sure youll be compensated, but yall are acting might greedy lol. It’s ten dollars plus LE was more than just map packs. DLC should not even cost money in the first place to be honest. I’m just freaking happy I have a few new maps to play now besides the same old

I personally don’t care if I get compensated(It’d be nice). It’s just how could they let this slip?

> > > I don’t believe this is a good thing especially for people who bought the Season Pass or the LE(me).
> >
> > I’m sure youll be compensated, but yall are acting might greedy lol. It’s ten dollars plus LE was more than just map packs. DLC should not even cost money in the first place to be honest. I’m just freaking happy I have a few new maps to play now besides the same old
>
> I personally don’t care if I get compensated(It’d be nice). It’s just how could they let this slip?

I agree with you, but this is happened before lol. I have gotten a free game off the marketplace because of pretty much the same thing. A 60 dollar game is much different than a 10 dollar pack. I think the game I got was Fable dont remember

> The people with LE need to chill, you bought it for the all the goodies inside. Skins and what not the map pack was icing on the cake. Chill out guys lol the next map pack will cost money damn

I actually bought the LE for the Specs. and the Map Pass but I’m not complaining! I spent that money long ago and already forgot about it! I just want to kill, but unfortunately I’m stuck at work!

> > The people with LE need to chill, you bought it for the all the goodies inside. Skins and what not the map pack was icing on the cake. Chill out guys lol the next map pack will cost money damn
>
> I actually bought the LE for the Specs. and the Map Pass but I’m not complaining! I spent that money long ago and already forgot about it! I just want to kill, but unfortunately I’m stuck at work!

I know man I’m atleast happy to see a few people who may have not bought the pack get them. We need more people playing DLC, so I find it actually a good thing lol

> Just think a lot of people will be able to play on the new maps, old DLC on Halo hardly had anyone on them. I see it as a positive more than a neg lol. Sorry LE people maybe youll get something in return?

THANK YOU!!! this is honestly freaking great because now we will most likely be paired with people with DLC for ALL PLAYLIST.

Having these maps be free is such a GREAT thing!

And by the way, I payed for the maps.

A $25 map pass is NOT “icing on the cake” as you put it. The LE cost $40 extra and the $25 value of the map pass makes up more than half the value of purchasing the LE. If you can’t afford the DLC maps then don’t buy them but don’t come here and say that everyone should get them for free because LE and Map Pass owners already have to much.

I paid $60 for the regular version Halo 4. At the counter they sold me on the War Games map pass for $25. They told me there was a slight discount when buying the season pass instead of buying separately.

Now that the first map pass was just given away for free. I’ll end up paying more than the people that didn’t pay for crimson but do end up paying for the next 2 map packs.

Who else is calling gamestop for a refund?

While I can’t blame anyone for taking advantage of a mistaken price it does essentially negate the whole reason I paid for a map pass.

I fi I paid for something that others got for free then whose job is it to restore the value to my purchase?