Frankie's Letter.Just lies and damage control

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Anyone else disturbed by the massive amount of lies that the Bulletin had? Let me point them all out for you.

> Halo 4, despite being the seventh or eighth game in the Halo series (depending on how you count them), was our first game. That is to say, our first-ever fully fledged title, built from the ground up creatively and technologically.

Funny. That contradicts a later statement in the bulletin. How was it ‘built from the ground up technologically’ if the game was re-using the Halo:Reach engine? How did 343i build it from the ground up, when they outsourced half the game and just pieced it together?

> So let me save you the trouble of trolling my statement: We have a lot to learn. We made a lot of mistakes. We can do better. And we know this, and we will. But I don’t want to spend the first moments of the year thinking about the negatives, because frankly, I am incredibly proud of both the team and the game that team created.

That’s cool Franky. You realized you made a terrible game. That’s cool. That doesn’t matter. You shouldn’t justify the fact that as a company, 343 just failed with Halo 4. Yes Franky, you could have done better. You did make a lot of mistakes. However, you want to know what? Those mistakes where there, and you failed, because as a company you failed with this game. 343 choose to not have a beta to find all the problems with the game before launch. 343 choose to launch this game with the file share incomplete. 343 choose to not listen to the community backlash from Reach. 343 choose to not communicate with the community. 343 choose to add Armor Abilites, Bloom, The DMR, The Boltshot, Join Session In Progress, Ordnance Drops.

Frankly, Franky, I really give a damn about wither or not you guys know you made mistakes. I care that you fix and improve them, and realize that they’re horrible things and HALO 5 DOESN’T HAVE ANY OF THEM. Realization is a given, and easy. Fixing and getting rid of the problem is the part that people care about.

> And for a first effort, it wasn’t half bad.

Yes it was. It was a horrible first try, how can you claim you learned your mistake, then go around immediately and not only claim that, but also claim

> And the game arrived and it succeeded. Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series. It won critical acclaim. It won awards, from Best Graphics at the VGAs to Game of the Year at the Inside Gaming Awards.

How can you admit you made a lot of mistakes, and then go claim you made the best game in the series. You can’t, and the fact that you’re so passively egotistical is annoying. You claim that ‘filling in Bungie’s footstep’ is a hard task. Then you claim you not only did it, you surpassed them and made the best game? That’s a load of crap. No one cares if Halo 4 won awards. Yes, I know that having Halo 4 look good graphically was probably the only thing 343 cared about in Halo 4, and it shows, but no one cares that you won Best Graphics. No one cares that you won a Game Of The Year award you didn’t deserve.

And no. It isn’t the best Halo game. It is not the fastest selling. I know you want to damage control Franky, and make it seem like you guys accomplished something. IT IS A FACT THAT THIS GAME LAUNCHED WORSE AND SOLD WORSE AT LAUNCH IN BOTH EUROPE AND THE UK. IT SOLD LESS THAN HALO:REACH AND HALO 3. HOW IS IT THE FASTEST SELLING?

It is also a fact, that this game not only is dropping and losing it’s player base faster than any other Halo game. But ok, whatever. Population argument is a legit one right Waypoint? How about the fact that this game is one of the worst reviewed Halo games to date. How can you claim you made the best game in the series, and make to claims that are nothing but lies?

> We expanded the universe […] resounding success.

You did not innovate in story telling. You told the story of Master Chief and his Cortana who is facing rampancy, going against the Didact. A story that was told in a repetitive, and lack luster campaign. A story that was already pre-written by Bungie. A story you had to make the game linear, and use asstts like QTE events to tell.

Technology? Innovated? Yes it’s new to the Halo franchise, everything you did to pretty the game up, but you didn’t innovate anything there either.

Marketing? Alright, I’ll give you that. FUD was pretty innovative. But how can you say it was a success when even with the mass marketing, the game still sold less then prior games? That’s not a success. That’s a failure.

> There are a ton of things we wish we’d done better: Features that didn’t make it into the final game. Glitches that emerged. Missteps made. DLC fiascos. Communication breakdowns

Funny. The DLC Fiasco was something that could of gone better? Funny because I thought it’s something you claimed that was suppose to happen, and something that you intended to be there. Now it’s back to it being a glitch that gave the DLC out?

Yes, you could have Communicated better with the community. But you didn’t, by choice. I don’t know why you spent the entire year claiming “IT STILL FEELS LIKE HALO” “TRUST US”. You still clearly haven’t learned your lesson either, 343. Considering you still neglect to discuss and talk about any of the clear problems in this game. You still refuse to give out info on the Title Update, the one thing keeping most users from giving up. You still neglect to give us any info on anything that we need info on (DMR, Boltshot, balances) You neglected to give us info before launch, and after launch. You could do it better, but you refuse too.

> But there were things that went astonishingly well – the creation of a genuinely competitive AAA studio chief among them. A collection of talent and souls that can do something genuinely amazing on this and next-generation hardware.

So you claim that the game had problems, but it’s ok and not bad for our first time making a game (aka outsourcing the game). No. You even said it yourself Frankie. 343 was made entirely of veterans and professionals of the gaming industry. You had a team of talented developers. Yet your first game was still a broken mess. What happened to all that talent? Did you throw it away mid development?

> But the most important aspect of our success, and our efforts now and in the future, has been this community – a demanding, imaginative, engaged, vocal, varied and intelligent swarm of personalities, groups and individuals, each with subtly to radically different interests in this vast and varied universe we’re charged with. That isn’t lip service, nor is it pandering. You guys pay for the privilege of playing our game, and you have every right to have a voice in its development.

Except the community didn’t have a voice. The community gave a major backlash to Armor Abilities and Bloom in Reach. Yet you added it. The community wanted classic Halo, we didn’t get it. Some parts want MLG and competitive gameplay, they won’t b

Well that’s what public relations is. 343i really sucks at it and its really obvious. From someone from who has learned about PR from business and from being a regular customer I’ve seen better even if that particular company never really cared.

I don’t think anyone needs to hear more of “I miss Bungie” but I really miss the interaction with the community from them.

I get their are problems with this game and I hope these problems are fixed eventually, but isn’t there an area to discuss bulletins in this forum instead of creating the same type of topics over and over again.

> Well that’s what public relations is. 343i really sucks at it and its really obvious. From someone from who has learned about PR from business and from being a regular customer I’ve seen better even if that particular company never really cared.
>
> I don’t think anyone needs to hear more of I miss Bungie but I really miss the interaction with the community from them.

i just wish 343i fixes their PR problem
eventually because I agree with you that it’s just terrible, but not as bad as the WarZ devs.

> I get their are problems with this game and I hope these problems are fixed eventually, but isn’t there an area to discuss bulletins in this forum instead of creating the same type of topics over and over again.

I’m not just discussing the Bulletin. I’m showing how it relates to 343 horrible attitude as a company, in relations to Halo 4.

Way to bash 343, do you really believe Bungie could have done better though? They probably would have done nearly the same thing. And this game used Reach’s engine but technologivally it IS rebuilt. The engine just defines the rendering and physics of the world, and even that was tweaked. Why do you care if they are proud of Halo 4 or not, I have really enjoyed this new direction they are taking it in. There are bugs to be dealt with, and the decision to not release a beta did have a negative impact, but they are still a community based company.

and I thank you for this op. My exact thoughts when I read this.

Hate to say it, but most of this is true. 343 are in panic mode after coming back from Xmas and realizing that their numbers are still dropping and the community is practically ablaze.

If this wasn’t my favorite series going down the toilet, it’d be funny.

> Way to bash 343, do you really believe Bungie could have done better though? They probably would have done nearly the same thing. And this game used Reach’s engine but technologivally it IS rebuilt. The engine just defines the rendering and physics of the world, and even that was tweaked. Why do you care if they are proud of Halo 4 or not, I have really enjoyed this new direction they are taking it in. There are bugs to be dealt with, and the decision to not release a beta did have a negative impact, but they are still a community based company.

How… How dare you!

To say that Bungie couldn’t do better…

I am shocked… almost too shocked for words…

> Hate to say it, but most of this is true. 343 are in panic mode after coming back from Xmas and realizing that their numbers are still dropping and the community is practically ablaze.
>
> If this wasn’t my favorite series going down the toilet, it’d be funny.

That’s how I feel. If I didn’t utterly and completely love Halo, I would have said ‘screw it’ and stopped buying games at Reach. :confused:

> > I get their are problems with this game and I hope these problems are fixed eventually, but isn’t there an area to discuss bulletins in this forum instead of creating the same type of topics over and over again.
>
> I’m not just discussing the Bulletin. I’m showing how it relates to 343 horrible attitude as a company, in relations to Halo 4.

Good to hear. I been noticing a lot of repetitive topic discussing the same things over and over again lately.

I completely agree with the OP. Normally I wouldn’t post agreeing to multiple Forum Topics focusing on the same issue, but I want these topics bumped so SOMEBODY sees that the community is upset with the way things have been handled.

For those “Nay-Sayers” The upset IS the community. This is not the “minority” as people on here like to call it anymore. I’ve considered myself a part of the majority all the way through since Halo 2 days on both Bungie forums and on these. I post rarely. I disagree with all the complaints people have had in the past about weapons, Armor abilities, etc, and I know when things are broken/not broken. And let me tell you, so far I feel that 343i’s system with the “community” is broken, and on its last breath.

They can come on here with weekly bulletins and throw big long fancy sentences at us and act as if everything is under control, but the truth is: it’s not under control. They are struggling to keep this game, and series a float.

I am a committed Halo player, always have been, always will be, but as of late I have not been online. (Although not impressive, to prove I played the poop out of this game I am a 130) I waited, and waited, and watched weekly update after weekly update hoping for news that this game would be getting enhanced with core game modes we’ve seen in the past, (Double Team, Grifball, FFA, MULTI TEAM, ETC.) but it never came, and seemingly will never be there permanently. It’s always “stay patient, it’s coming” or “we’ll let you know soon”.

Enough.

There better be drastic changes to this game fast, (End of February seems too long to wait in my opinion this game will be dead by then) But it wont happen. Instead, we’ll be stuck with another update telling us to wait. Statistics don’t lie 343, and stats show WE ARE ALWAYS FLIPPING WAITING. I’m sick of waiting for a game that should have been released 2 months ago from this month… so, in hind site if it is released a month from now, Halo 4 will be completed 4-5 months AFTER it’s initial release.

Sad.

And community breaking.

I cannot wait to go back and spend money, and support the company most of you left. They knew what was going on, and got the EF out while they still could. Like someone else said on this forum, if this wasn’t my favorite game, I’d be laughing to see the makers crumble like you have (ie if CoD fans/makers were going through this I’d be loving it)… but sadly its us. The once dedicated Halo fans are left with pure trash, that lie and say that they actually care about their clientele.

Sweet Dreams.

I don’t believe anything they say anymore. They are great at making people believe them but they never deliver. They said all the right things before Halo 4 came out but in the end it was just a $60 beta and what did they do instead of fixing the game? They took a vacation. And now here we are 2 months later and still a month away from a title update that we still don’t know what’s gonna be in it.

Hold the line community. Hold the line. Harsh, but true. If they don’t do something redeeming soom.

I’m out.

343i, you gave my hopes up from yesterday, but soon that will diminish eventually. The time for action is now! The time for details is now!

I’m sorry, but with something as big and as focused as Halo, I can’t give them an E for Effort. You don’t just fiddle around with Halo and say “Welp, it wasn’t bad for a first shot.”

You don’t label the arguably most anticipated game of the year an " okay first try."

This may be just as bad of a travesty as DmC.

For a first try… I don’t think they did bad.

If this was Bungie I’d say its a pretty big failure because I would expect better… Given their experience and all.

OP you sound soooo butthurt. The vacation they went on for christmas and new years was to let the people who made the game have TIME OFF. These people at 343 have been working non stop to get this game released and all you and this community has done is -Yoink- MOAN AND COMPLAIN. You think you can make a CLASSIC halo be my guest and tell me how hard it is. This community has gone down a LONGGGG drain because everyone wants Halo 3 style NO AA no sprint BR only starts with pistol as your second gun.

If MLG and -Yoink!- work together we will have one of the biggest Competitive game out there. I am no pro I’m a pub but I see the issues but the game works fine. For the longest time people wanted sprint cause a SPARTAN should be allowed to sprint we get it people complain. GO back to the halo council and complain okay thanks.

I feel like everyone forgot about bungies creaking long awe tu for halo 2. How long did that take to come out? Oh yeah -Yoinking!- april of 2005. Way longer then our tu Comming out for halo 4. Remember halo2sucks.com? Or how they kept bxr bxb and a bunch of other glitches?

Modders have already done things that I should not be posting about on this forum.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console.

> Modders have already**…**

Thats Modders who need to be banned who broke the TOS I am saying a full game think before you speak.