Frankie responds to random weapon spawns

Predict? How the hell can we predict with no set time.

> Predict? How the hell can we predict with no set time.

There may be some sort of pattern.

> > Predict? How the hell can we predict with no set time.

> There may be some sort of pattern.

If that’s the case then thank god. Also, picking you’re starting weapon between BR,DMR,AR, etc sounds pretty cool.

> > Predict? How the hell can we predict with no set time.

I think he means the pattern of where they will go.

I’m thinking it will be like crazy king. Because there are only a limited number of places a hill can spawn, you can still correctly predict where the hill will be next relatively frequently.

There is no way it would work without power weapons coming up at a specific times in the game. Because then people would just always camp at those spots waiting for the random time to come up.

So if it’s kind of predictable then the veteran Halo players will still dominate the noobs. To a greater extent by the sounds of it. Sounds like Game Informer interpreted this the wrong way. If anything veterans are going to learn the cycles and dominate the crap out of noobs.

Yay

> There is no way it would work without power weapons coming up at a specific times in the game. Because then people would just always camp at those spots waiting for the random time to come up.

I think people would be bored of waiting around and start running and gettin kills

> There may be some sort of pattern.

If there is a pattern then it is not random.

> > There is no way it would work without power weapons coming up at a specific times in the game. Because then people would just always camp at those spots waiting for the random time to come up.
>
> I think people would be bored of waiting around and start running and gettin kills

CoD says otherwise.

this just shows we have to wait and c wot happens. this forum is a train wreck right now. somthing is said or written and its jumped all over by people guessing or taking it as 100% fact. Lets all wait for the podcast or the weekly update ect.

magazines always write things wrong remember most of them dont even get time to play games properly , there game jernalists not full time gamers like alot of us here.

> > There may be some sort of pattern.
>
> If there is a pattern then it is not random.

The pattern may be location of the drops, the possible randomness could be which weapon exists in the pod you visit.

Who cares?

What I get from this is, its the same type of drops that were in Invasion slayer. It didn’t work well then, it won’t work well in Halo 4. The drop points become frag traps.

My best guess is that there will be a certain number of locations that power weapons can drop to, and that a random weapon will spawn at a random time in one of those locations. I’m guessing that this “prediction” he is talking about will be a marker (think similar to oddball) that escentially announces that a power weapon is going to drop at that location in the next 10-20 seconds.

So it is completely random and still serves the same purpose of not allowing the better more knowledgable players the ability to control power weapons. This is unacceptable for high level play, and I’m not just talking about professional gaming here. If two good teams go up against each other it’s very likely that the team that happens to get more lucky weapon drops will win.

> this just shows we have to wait and c wot happens. this forum is a train wreck right now. somthing is said or written and its jumped all over by people guessing or taking it as 100% fact. Lets all wait for the podcast or the weekly update ect.
>
> magazines always write things wrong remember most of them dont even get time to play games properly , there game jernalists not full time gamers like alot of us here.

I think being full time game journalists makes them full time gamers, even more than most of us. He didn’t give his opinion in the GI article, he stated what he saw. I tend to believe game journalists more than PR people.

> My best guess is that there will be a certain number of locations that power weapons can drop to, and that a random weapon will spawn at a random time in one of those locations. I’m guessing that this “prediction” he is talking about will be a marker (think similar to oddball) that escentially announces that a power weapon is going to drop at that location in the next 10-20 seconds.
>
> So it is completely random and still serves the same purpose of not allowing the better more knowledgable players the ability to control power weapons. This is unacceptable for high level play, and I’m not just talking about professional gaming here. If two good teams go up against each other it’s very likely that the team that happens to get more lucky weapon drops will win.

This, kinda.
I think it will be like, Okay there is a rockety launcher on this map, it has 4 possible locations, it’ll spawn in one of them in 50 seconds. Then the sniper has 6 locations, where will it spawn in the next 27 seconds? idk, good thing its BTB and we have 8 players, go camp the snipes and flank the other two up the center. GO!!!
I actually like this, haha. :slight_smile:

> > this just shows we have to wait and c wot happens. this forum is a train wreck right now. somthing is said or written and its jumped all over by people guessing or taking it as 100% fact. Lets all wait for the podcast or the weekly update ect.
> >
> > magazines always write things wrong remember most of them dont even get time to play games properly , there game jernalists not full time gamers like alot of us here.
>
> I think being full time game journalists makes them full time gamers, even more than most of us. He didn’t give his opinion in the GI article, he stated what he saw. I tend to believe game journalists more than PR people.

Yeah I trust journalists too.
It feels just like yesterday when xbox magazine wrote about pulling left trigger to zoom in anniversary. For realz it happened. I still have the complaint email! October issue of last year I believe.