Frankie denies Halo 2 Anniversary

This is really sad, I wanted there to be a launch title for X-box One with some good old fashioned Halo MM. I guess that won’t be happening so discuss, tell me how sad you are, because I certainly am ;(.

Halo 2 Anniversary Not in Production

Oh well, it wouldn’t have come out this year anyway. Maybe it will start production laterm but until then, we can’t cry about something we were never promised.

Yeah, that’s true but I still had my hopes up.

I was hoping for one but at the same time it just didn’t sound right. Halo CEA came out 10 years after CE. So it would be odd for them to bring Halo 2A out 9 years after the games release. For this reason I can assume we will have one, but not until late next year. I can only speculate, but it would seem logical.

Personally I was hoping for a Halo Wars 2 rather than this Boot Camp game which is PC only.

> I was hoping for one but at the same time it just didn’t sound right. Halo CEA came out 10 years after CE. So it would be odd for them to bring Halo 2A out 9 years after the games release. For this reason I can assume we will have one, but not until late next year. I can only speculate, but it would seem logical.
>
> Personally I was hoping for a Halo Wars 2 rather than this Boot Camp game which is PC only.

I would rather have Wars 2 or even ODST 2 than Boot Camp, I don’t usually game on PC so that kinda sucks for me. On the bright side I would hope that Frankie means that they aren’t working on it right now, but could be in early 2014.

I still play Halo 2 online :slight_smile: but an anniversary would be awesome

I know I’m maybe the only person on these forums with this opinion, but I never really saw the appeal in an H2 Anniversary game. And I’d grow very curmudgeonly if the only way to extend the current Halo’s playability was to buy a campaign anniversary. It was cool for Reach because CE is what started it all, but that’s as far as I care to go.

Well I suppose if anything this means that 343 is all-hands on Halo 5.

Halo 2 Anniversary was a make or break for me. If they wont make it even though we’ve asked for it and waited patiently, I cannot support the company. I was hoping it would be released on the 360 to give me a good reason to put enough trust in them to buy an xbox one and Halo 5, that trust is gone now.

Halo 2 Anniversary would be stupid.
Because:
-It’s steps backwards
-Nothing new
-No real reason to implement it in the current Halo time line

I know, a lot of you now want to put a hole in my head with a revolver but that is the fact.

Halo Combat Evolved only and ONLY got a remake because the ENTIRE Halo brand celebrated 10 years on the market. Also it’s takes place right after Reach, and it was good to “wake up” Chief’s character before Halo 4. It’s only got a campaign redone. They just added some little extras and pulled a new graphic layer into a 10 years old game. It’s basically was a robbing for a full price game.

It is sad to see, all of you would pay something that you already have.
Nostalgia is a nice thing, but it can turn people into mindless idiots.
Halo 2 was the glitchiest Halo ever, and to be honest, it was like a 80’ action movie with a good load of potential that hasn’t been pulled out right.

I love Halo 2 just like all the Halos but I’m not idiot enough to buy it twice.

The main reason this would have been awesome and, frankly (pun intended), a smart development decision is that Halo 2 Anniversary would come with several kick -Yoink- map remakes for Halo 4.

They could’ve released it as it’s 10 year anniversary remake like the original and then in a couple years and after 5 is released they could’ve released Halo 3 Anniversary on Xbox One as it’s 10 year anniversary. Apparently not so much. Sad day.

I loved Halo 2 but I think that this is for the best. 343 need to focus all their energy on Halo 5 as there is so much they missed out on in Halo 4.

Since this has nothing to do with Halo4, we already have a Halo2 section and there are many places within the General Discussion section already open to discuss this: