Frankie confirms DMR is the best Rifle

Original Quote

So I played Halo 4 for the first time last night and posted my impressions of the DMR on GAF. Frankie replied.

That’s a shame. I’ll still be using the Covie Carbine, though.

343i should make a playlist where DMR is forbidden to be played!

/inb4ragefrombrfanboy

Deal with it.

I agree with Frankie

So? It doesn’t mean we shouldn’t play with other weapons…

That sucks. It is basically the same as saying “Our sandbox is not balanced, and people who use the DMR will win over the ones that don’t”

What was the point of adding other primaries if they are weaker then the DMR?

I dont care… AR AND BR ALL THE WAY!!!

So… the BR is easier to use than the DMR? Interesting. At least I’ll try to use every starter weapons.

If you ask me, Frankie would’ve been wiser to not make that comment.

I personally don’t mind. Who says that the BR needs to be equal to the DMR? The way I see it, the BR works nicely as an introductory weapon to the less skilled players due to its more forgiving nature (miss a shot, possibly land the other two from spread, etc). Better players will lean toward the DMR. Throw away the nostalgia; what matters is how things are right now. It’s a new game with a different balance. The BR does not need to be top in EVERY Halo game after H2.

The only con I can see is that it leads to a slight drop in weapon variety. But it’s not like higher-level players cared so much about that anyway, right?

Personally I might stick with the BR at first but I plan to try to get good with the DMR as soon as possible.

> That sucks. It is basically the same as saying “Our sandbox is not balanced, and people who use the DMR will win over the ones that don’t”
>
> What was the point of adding other primaries if they are weaker then the DMR?

Balance. Think of the BR as a DMR with training wheels.

> So? It doesn’t mean we shouldn’t play with other weapons…

I’ve used the LR quite a bit already, and…yeah.

LR and Suppressor will rip through everything
Nuffin

so? the DMR is ugly imo. ill stick with the BR until i get the LR, but ill never touch that nasty thing.

> 343i should make a playlist where DMR is forbidden to be played!

lol such a ridiculous statement…

I figured the E3 Carbine was the only gun that really gave the DMR a run for its money, but since it’s been noticeably nerfed it makes sense the DMR is best. I have no problem with DMR being the best gun, and it sounds so badass IMO. If you can aim good enough up close and hit that last headshot without needing to rely on a burst then the DMR will be perfect b.c. of it’s long range dominance. I just wonder where the Light Rifle sits b.c. I love just about everything about that gun.

Sucks though b.c. I feel that BTB is going to fail again b.c. of the ridic power of the DMR at range…

I’ll be using different weapons. I’ll use the DMR. But it ultimately comes down to which I feel most comfortable with, what map I’m playing and what role I’ll be playing in the game.

To be honest I don’t really care, its not going to make me want to use it over the Carbine.

Kinda pissed off. People don’t need a training wheel gun. It doesn’t take long to figure out how to headshot maybe a week?

I like the DMR, it’s the weapon I always wanted in H2-H3. The BR never had enough range for my liking, and if the other team had a sniper on a big map, it was very difficult to close distance.

I do have to admit though, the H4 BR is -Yoink!-…

I think Frankie was being a little more than cryptic there, both agreeing with you, then disagreeing then agreeing again at the end. I wouldn’t make to much out of it OP

lame, well at least now we know the only weapon to care about or stick to.