Frankie Apparently Sucked At CE MP

Apparently Frankie sucked at Halo CE MP, so instead trying to get better he just leaves the MP off the disc. Look Frankie, the rest of don’t care that you suck at it, you shouldn’t either, it’s a blast to play as is. Us fans really don’t need your input into what you think we want.

Frankie, it’s bad enough that you have been one of many responsible for destroying the series, but you had to add injury to insult by doing this. Sorry Frankie, it doesn’t matter how many CE maps you add to your newer Halo games, I am not going to buy it and it ain’t HALO CE just because you stamp HALO CE on the package.

Good way of screwing this up BTW. I was all excited then I saw that stupid assissnation move, I was like you have to be -Yoinking!- kidding me.

So, let me get this straight. You’re mad at Frankie for leaving the Multiplayer off the Anniversary Game and putting them on a different disc?

That multiplayer wasn’t designed for online matchmaking. Even if it was capable at that point. Besides, if you made a new multiplayer, it would take away from the Halo: Reach Online. This method brings more people back to the Halo: Reach engine and doesn’t make either game suffer.

Besides, the magnum wasn’t supposed to be in multiplayer. That was supposed to be a campaign-specific item. You know. Armor Piercing sidearm.

Why spend time creating an all new netcode to support the multiplayer as is, using a lot of your funding, when you can build on top of an already existing netcode and spend much less for the same result?

LOL I AM LAUGHING MY -Yoink- OFF RIGHT NOW SO TRUE OP.

MY
I don’t know what you mean by a different disc.

As far as the rest, you are not making any sense. They already added new netcode to the Halo1 engine, that is why you will be able to play coop online.As far as the pistol, that is what put Halo on the map. That is why you have millions of people wanting the game with a online component. Halo CE MP was perfect. Apparently he was not too good at the game, and they are afraid everyone would leave Halo3/Reach, of course they would… CE is the King.Mad? No. Disappointed? Yes. This isn’t Halo CE it’s a freaking $40 mappack for that stupid Reach game.

apparently frankie thinks it so easy to 3 shot a target moving in a straight line it may be true but play ogre 2 or any h1 pro 1vs1 and you will lose 50-1 and not 3 shot him once.

$40 mappack for a game I don’t want to own and don’t want to play.

Apparently he hasn’t gotten over getting owned at the game, he should consider getting over it instead of ruining it for everyone else. The last thing the world needs is more Reach maps, oh I thought that is what Forge was for anyway?

> apparently frankie thinks it so easy to 3 shot a target moving in a straight line it may be true but play ogre 2 or any h1 pro 1vs1 and you will lose 50-1 and not 3 shot him once.

Or just watch any MLG Halo CE and you will see that 3SK’s were rare, and that all weapons were used even in MLG. The pistol comment was unecessary, and just rubbing salt in our wounds dont you think? That just makes him look bad.

> > apparently frankie thinks it so easy to 3 shot a target moving in a straight line it may be true but play ogre 2 or any h1 pro 1vs1 and you will lose 50-1 and not 3 shot him once.
>
> Or just watch any MLG Halo CE and you will see that 3SK’s were rare, and that all weapons were used even in MLG. The pistol comment was unecessary, and just rubbing salt in our wounds dont you think? That just makes him look bad.

Yeah usually someone would wound the person and you would finish. The pistol was the best standard weapon… if you had the pistol you always had a chance. Where as in games today everyone is rushing for weapons in Halo games, it’s stupid. IMHO The Shotty, AR, and PR were still better up close, the sniper was still better at long range…and the rocket was better in most instances. Perfection.

Frankie is not a Halo CE MP fan, apparently he has not gotten over getting owned… I say get over it. He has been trying to destroy CE gameplay for 10 years, I would say he has exceeded his goal.

The pistol is idiotic weapon. All it caused is gameplay based on one weapon (+plus a couple of power weapons), which is super boring. Halo’s strength is in its variety. The pistol is the antithesis of variety. I understand that in competitive gaming it is good (fun? no idea) for general/casual gaming it is no-no. The problem with pro-pistol people is that they want to force it for everyone… ideally there should be extensive customization to allow those people to play their one weapon game in custom games/single playlist (without OP grenades and such of course, which Reach doesn’t allow) and let normal people play the game with their default settings. Balanced, not-too-wide-skill-gap gameplay that isn’t based on one weapon (Halo3ish skillgap, Reach has too small skill gap and too much randomess).

I’ve play Halo PC a lot online and it isn’t really fun as it degenerates to pistol/sniper -Yoink!-… of course m/kb makes those even more OP than on Xbox… so i admit Halo PC online is not necessarily the same as Halo CE LAN MP and not really that good comparison. -Yoink!- lag.

Trap, you never played CE enough or with the right people if that is how you believe it played out. If it wasn’t fun you wouldn’t have millions of people still wanting to play CE online. Of course, I don’t think Halo PC was nearly is good with the kb/m but that is me.

When you say it’s not for casual gamers you are just wrong. We had people that had never played online games playing, all of our girlfriends/wives were playing. Why? Because the game was actually much simplier than the typical MP game. Alll our girlfriends/wives stopped playing when Halo 2 came out, seriously, half the people we played in LAN parties or over XBL were female. Not now, zero play.

It was for the hardcore and casual player. IMHO Even if you had never played before you could at least get in there and compete. Perfection.

Frankie apparently was playing and getting owned and he has spent the last 8-10 years of his life destroying that gameplay.

Number of Weapons does not equat the amount of fun it can offer, which is why I stopped buying Halo games. We tried to get Halo3 to actually play right but we gave up, never looked back and never bought another Halo game. Very sad what Frankie has done to this series.

facepalm

They think they’ll be dividing the Halo community by giving us CE multiplayer. No, 343, the Halo community is already divided by Reach.

Well, the problem is they put Frankie in charge of this project and he detests Halo CE MP so this really shouldn’t be a surprise. Frankie and others have spent their whole career trying to burying CE MP. The series should be called Palo now, as in it Pales in comparsion to the real Halo.

I bet Frankie had huge input for SMG starts in Halo2.

Apparently 10 years ago he was playing the Halo CE campaign over and over, while everyone else was playing MP with their friends.

If you want to make an impact on the future of Halo games, insulting the designer is not a very good approach and is highly going to make him not give you what you want more so then doing so in an organized fashion, with the respect the man deserves, whether or not he had butchered the franchise.

> If you want to make an impact on the future of Halo games, insulting the designer is not a very good approach and is highly going to make him not give you what you want more so then doing so in an organized fashion, with the respect the man deserves, whether or not he had butchered the franchise.

No the true way is to stop buying Halo games which me and my friends stop doing back in 2007. He is not a designer, he is design wrecker.

Halo dead a long time ago. IMHO

> > If you want to make an impact on the future of Halo games, insulting the designer is not a very good approach and is highly going to make him not give you what you want more so then doing so in an organized fashion, with the respect the man deserves, whether or not he had butchered the franchise.
>
> No the true way is to stop buying Halo games which me and my friends stop doing back in 2007. He is not a designer, he is design wrecker.
>
> Halo dead a long time ago. IMHO

Then what are you doing here?
Trying to improve on a product you won’t purchase?

> > > If you want to make an impact on the future of Halo games, insulting the designer is not a very good approach and is highly going to make him not give you what you want more so then doing so in an organized fashion, with the respect the man deserves, whether or not he had butchered the franchise.
> >
> > No the true way is to stop buying Halo games which me and my friends stop doing back in 2007. He is not a designer, he is design wrecker.
> >
> > Halo dead a long time ago. IMHO
>
> Then what are you doing here?
> Trying to improve on a product you won’t purchase?

+1

And no, the way to impact a game design is by voicing your opinion. By not buying the game, you are making it harder for them to make the games which could end in Halo being destroyed and having it’s final moments pitter out with terrible gameplay. You must take the hards with the bad, don’t hate on them now cause they’re doing bad and then praise them later when we help get them doing good.

> Then what are you doing here. Trying to improve on a product you won’t purchase?

Announcing the reason Frankie did what he did. No, I am not going to improve the product, as the product as announced is crap. Only so much you can do with crap. I mean I guess you can spray perfume on it, but at the end of the day it’s still crap.

It’s not CE remastered, it’s an expensive mappack for Reach.

It’s going to be hard to improve anything Frankie is involved with until he is removed.

> > Then what are you doing here. Trying to improve on a product you won’t purchase?
>
> Announcing the reason Frankie did what he did. No, I am not going to improve the product, as the product as announced is crap. Only so much you can do with crap. I mean I guess you can spray perfume on it, but at the end of the day it’s still crap.
>
> It’s not CE remastered, it’s an expensive mappack for Reach.
>
>
> It’s going to be hard to improve anything Frankie is involved with until he is removed.

Yeah because it couldn’t be you just spouting out random non-sense, could it?

It couldn’t be you heard Frankie show his distaste for pistol--Yoink!- or something like that and so offended by the insult ot your precious CE multiplayer you started jumping to illogical conclusions? You ever stop to think that just because one guy doesn’t like it means the rest will just follow suit? There is a lot of people working for 343 most of which probably wanted very much so to do it but it was decided among the general staff that it would compromise the general multiplayer too much and seggrogate the community also.

And that still doesn’t explain why your here, I played WoW once, when I progressed I found the gameplay to be distateful and stopped playing. I don’t go on the forums now and say crap like “Oh yeah the reason you guys can’t fly flying ferrets in this expansion is because THIS RANDOM GUY, hates ferrets.” because WoW is no longer a interest to me and statements such as that are silly and without a logical basis.

OP, chill out, Halo: CE anniversary is mainly a game to tide us over until Halo 4 comes out. They didn’t want to make a new matchmaking because they didn’t want to split up the old one. I’m sure that the remake maps will do just fine for reach. And most of the weapons in Reach and CE correspond in power and accuracy. DMR=slightly weaker CE pistol, Shotgun=CE shotgun with a little less ammo, plasma rifle=plasma rifle, plasma pistol=plasma pistol, focus rifle=sentinel beam, sniper=sniper, rockets=rockets. All the weapons from CE have some equavilent. Before you say “Agghh bloom!” Bloom was in fact in CE with the pistol if you fired constantly without stopping just like the DMR it just didn’t show on your aiming reticule, and the AR has a reticule almost as big as a full Reach AR reticule to begin with, so yeah, screw you OP. I support 343’s decision to keep multiplayer on Reach.

killraider there is nothing even remotely close between Reach and CE. The reason this was done was:

  1. All the Reach players would have moved back to CE
  2. Frankie detest CE MP and can’t play
  3. Laziness, instead of building a new interface on Halo1 for XBL, they just made maps for Reach.