Frank possibly hints at more than 3 map packs

I appologize if this was already posted, but this is the first I’ve heard of it.

I was browsing some interviews from Comic-con when I can across one that Gamespot did. Frank is asked about the possibility of new maps after release, which gets this response.

Franks states that LE gets you access to the “FIRST 3 map packs”. Is it just me, or does that seem to hint at more. Of course Frank is playing and talking at the same time, so it could just be a bad choice of wording.

Thoughts?

I really hope they go Halo 3, as far as map packs. 10 maps, thats BS!

Nice find, I’m thinking that there will be more than 3 map packs, because it’s harder to cover up information when you are distracted as he is.

> I really hope they go Halo 3, as far as map packs. 10 maps, thats BS!

How? Halo 3 had 11, and Reach had 9.

[deleted]

I’m not sure, I wouldn’t buy to much into what he said. Possibly some wrong wording going on there, and he probably didn’t notice at the time.

At this point i love frank so much, but i hate him the same amount there are so many secrets in that head of his, just look at his facial expressions while answering questions!! I still laugh at the fact that some guy at comic-con asked to take him out for a drink or two and see what info he could squeeze out of him xD

> Nice find, I’m thinking that there will be more than 3 map packs, because it’s harder to cover up information when you are distracted as he is.

That’s what I’m thinking. Hopefully it is true.

> I still laugh at the fact that some guy at comic-con asked to take him out for a drink or two and see what info he could squeeze out of him xD

You cannot use Frankie. Frankie only uses you.

I hope that it will be like Halo 3 but not the free maps even though that was cool I also hope a DLC is going to add more maps for forge becuase three maps for forge doesn’t see, as fun as all maps.

> I hope that it will be like Halo 3 but not the free maps even though that was cool I also hope a DLC is going to add more maps for forge becuase three maps for forge doesn’t see, as fun as all maps.

We can still Forge on all the maps, but there are 3 Forge Worlds.

I thought it was a given that there might be more map after the first 3 packs.

Who knows, they cold do a free map pack. 3 free maps like how they made Cold storage free.

Considering Halo 3 had four sets of 3-map packs, Reach had two 3-map packs and a 7-map pack, I would expect Halo 4 to definitely have more than three map packs, assuming those all have 3 maps.

I will be surprised if H4 won’t get more than 3 map packs. Let’s assume that one pack gives us 250G worth of new achievements. So that brings us to 1750G. Why wouldn’t they go all the way to 2000G like Gears of War 3 did? But on te other hand, Reach only has 1700(?) but the new rule came out after Reach so maybe that’s why Reach didn’t get 2000G…

He also said that DLC will be a big part of halo 4.