Frank O'Connor talking about Map pack

Just found this not sure if anyone else has already but it was an interesting read and what not

Scroll down the bottom for the video

Thanks for the intel. So… we can look forward to some surprises… big and small… and there might be a 10th anniversary celebration-ish kind of thing… interesting.

So Halo is now in 343i hands.

I love surprises!

> So Halo is now in 343i hands.
>
> I love surprises!

Hardly a surprise. This was announced that it would happen long before Reach even came out.

Still great news, though!

> > So Halo is now in 343i hands.
> >
> > I love surprises!
>
> Hardly a surprise. This was announced that it would happen long before Reach even came out.
>
> Still great news, though!

Well ya but as of right now it’s in 343i hands. No more Bungie

> > > So Halo is now in 343i hands.
> > >
> > > I love surprises!
> >
> > Hardly a surprise. This was announced that it would happen long before Reach even came out.
> >
> > Still great news, though!
>
> Well ya but as of right now it’s in 343i hands. No more Bungie

Right. Before the game came out, they sad that it would only be in Bungie’s hands for so long before making the transition.

Nothing against Bungie, but I am happy that Reach is in the hands of the current developers of the Halo franchise. It would be silly to have a separate company support Reach when 343i is the new Halo team.

I am also excited to see what 343i has in store for us on the anniversary of Halo: CE.

The only problem I have with this is all the Bungie disrespect on their forums now. People are saying that Halo is finally in the hands of people who will listen to them, but Bungie has always been known for having great relationships with the fans. I feel kind of bad for Bungie…

Still, I am very happy for 343i, and I can’t wait to see what they do with the Halo series!

> The only problem I have with this is all the Bungie disrespect on their forums now. People are saying that Halo is finally in the hands of people who will listen to them, but Bungie has always been known for having great relationships with the fans. I feel kind of bad for Bungie…
>
> Still, I am very happy for 343i, and I can’t wait to see what they do with the Halo series!

It just shows you who were the real Bungie fans and who weren’t. It won’t be that way forever either. Once they realize that 343 won’t cow down to every little demand there will be plenty of hatred for 343 too. 343 will survive that too just like Bungie will. So don’t worry about it.

> > The only problem I have with this is all the Bungie disrespect on their forums now. People are saying that Halo is finally in the hands of people who will listen to them, but Bungie has always been known for having great relationships with the fans. I feel kind of bad for Bungie…
> >
> > Still, I am very happy for 343i, and I can’t wait to see what they do with the Halo series!
>
> It just shows you who were the real Bungie fans and who weren’t. It won’t be that way forever either. Once they realize that 343 won’t cow down to every little demand there will be plenty of hatred for 343 too. 343 will survive that too just like Bungie will. So don’t worry about it.

And also, when 343i makes a mistake (everyone makes mistakes) then all these same people will be yelling that it should have stayed at Bungie and 3434 was the worst thing to happen to the series…

Man, I wish people could just be appreciative of what they have.

I too am very disappointed to hear so many speak not just in the tone with such ignorance as well. But the thing that I remember is that those that are happy, don’t go out of their way to express it most times. Those that are dissatisfied make sure that as many people find out as they can.

I am well prepared for the rocky waves soon to rock my ship, least alone the fleet.

> The only problem I have with this is all the Bungie disrespect on their forums now. People are saying that Halo is finally in the hands of people who will listen to them, but Bungie has always been known for having great relationships with the fans. I feel kind of bad for Bungie…
>
> Still, I am very happy for 343i, and I can’t wait to see what they do with the Halo series!

Two things to bare in mind: Firstly, hype always influences people’s judgement to the point where they have unrealistic hopes and expectations. Secondly, forums are very vocal places in which a controversial view tends to gain the most attention. Don’t ever change internet <3

Well. That is a little disapointing.

bungie is still maintaining stuff on reach such as playlist and that new arena thing.

> > > The only problem I have with this is all the Bungie disrespect on their forums now. People are saying that Halo is finally in the hands of people who will listen to them, but Bungie has always been known for having great relationships with the fans. I feel kind of bad for Bungie…
> > >
> > > Still, I am very happy for 343i, and I can’t wait to see what they do with the Halo series!
> >
> > It just shows you who were the real Bungie fans and who weren’t. It won’t be that way forever either. Once they realize that 343 won’t cow down to every little demand there will be plenty of hatred for 343 too. 343 will survive that too just like Bungie will. So don’t worry about it.
>
> And also, when 343i makes a mistake (everyone makes mistakes) then all these same people will be yelling that it should have stayed at Bungie and 3434 was the worst thing to happen to the series…
>
> Man, I wish people could just be appreciative of what they have.

Personally, I think you’ve both misunderstood the situation. If you could oblige me with why I think that is, then I’d have a lot of respect of you both for doing so. So, thanks in advance. =)

Bungie sure have been awesome for the majority of their career in Halo, that’s undoubtable. Recently however, there’s been a lack of respect between Bungie and their fans. For reasons which I can only speculate why, their attitude towards the overall fanbase has gradually turned sour (I imagine because of a few bad apples within their community). But there will always be people who just want to slander everything. As someone else mentioned, this is the internet after all.

On Bungie’s forums there are people who just shout out for a Title Update and become consumed by their opinions about aspects of the game. Granted, not every criticism of the game demands a fix. But there are glitches and issues within the game mechanics that other folks have been addressing for months to Bungie. And in return they’ve just been ignored. This is why people are losing patience with Bungie.

I won’t hate 343 Industries if they acknowledge and try to fix some of the problems with Reach AND IF in the end, despite their efforts, they fail. Its unfair on 343 Industries to say that if they make one mistake they should be hated. But it is the thought that counts. That thought is not present with Bungie anymore.

I will only hate 343 Industries if that thought is also not present with them.

> > > > The only problem I have with this is all the Bungie disrespect on their forums now. People are saying that Halo is finally in the hands of people who will listen to them, but Bungie has always been known for having great relationships with the fans. I feel kind of bad for Bungie…
> > > >
> > > > Still, I am very happy for 343i, and I can’t wait to see what they do with the Halo series!
> > >
> > > It just shows you who were the real Bungie fans and who weren’t. It won’t be that way forever either. Once they realize that 343 won’t cow down to every little demand there will be plenty of hatred for 343 too. 343 will survive that too just like Bungie will. So don’t worry about it.
> >
> > And also, when 343i makes a mistake (everyone makes mistakes) then all these same people will be yelling that it should have stayed at Bungie and 3434 was the worst thing to happen to the series…
> >
> > Man, I wish people could just be appreciative of what they have.
>
> Personally, I think you’ve both misunderstood the situation. If you could oblige me with why I think that is, then I’d have a lot of respect of you both for doing so. So, thanks in advance. =)
>
> Bungie sure have been awesome for the majority of their career in Halo, that’s undoubtable. Recently however, there’s been a lack of respect between Bungie and their fans. For reasons which I can only speculate why, their attitude towards the overall fanbase has gradually turned sour (I imagine because of a few bad apples within their community). But there will always be people who just want to slander everything. As someone else mentioned, this is the internet after all.
>
> On Bungie’s forums there are people who just shout out for a Title Update and become consumed by their opinions about aspects of the game. Granted, not every criticism of the game demands a fix. But there are glitches and issues within the game mechanics that other folks have been addressing for months to Bungie. And in return they’ve just been ignored. This is why people are losing patience with Bungie.
>
> I won’t hate 343 Industries if they acknowledge and try to fix some of the problems with Reach AND IF in the end, despite their efforts, they fail. Its unfair on 343 Industries to say that if they make one mistake they should be hated. But it is the thought that counts. That thought is not present with Bungie anymore.
>
> I will only hate 343 Industries if that thought is also not present with them.

In a word “SKILL!!!” The elitism that has grown with Halo’s popularity is an unfortunate thing. Hubris is not the fault of Bungie in my opinion., though there are those that have fallen from it.

> Personally, I think you’ve both misunderstood the situation. If you could oblige me with why I think that is, then I’d have a lot of respect of you both for doing so. So, thanks in advance. =)
>
> Bungie sure have been awesome for the majority of their career in Halo, that’s undoubtable. Recently however, there’s been a lack of respect between Bungie and their fans. For reasons which I can only speculate why, their attitude towards the overall fanbase has gradually turned sour (I imagine because of a few bad apples within their community). But there will always be people who just want to slander everything. As someone else mentioned, this is the internet after all.
>
> On Bungie’s forums there are people who just shout out for a Title Update and become consumed by their opinions about aspects of the game. Granted, not every criticism of the game demands a fix. But there are glitches and issues within the game mechanics that other folks have been addressing for months to Bungie. And in return they’ve just been ignored. This is why people are losing patience with Bungie.
>
> I won’t hate 343 Industries if they acknowledge and try to fix some of the problems with Reach AND IF in the end, despite their efforts, they fail. Its unfair on 343 Industries to say that if they make one mistake they should be hated. But it is the thought that counts. That thought is not present with Bungie anymore.
>
> I will only hate 343 Industries if that thought is also not present with them.

I have to agree with you. Right now I am happy because they are willing to take up the responsibility of the forums and games. I will dislike them if they act like how Bungie has been these past few months.