Frank confirms: No matchmaking for co-op in Halo 5

Frank Just confirmed at another forum (not sure if I can say the name or post the link here) that Halo 5 campaing won’t support matchamking co-op.

Well, I know many of you may not like to play with unknown people, but I for one am quite disapponted by this information since I don’t know many people living nearby that are free to play whenever I wan’t.

I thought I would be able to drop in at a co-op match whenever I wanted to! =(

What? They design the campaign around a squad-based experience, yet they exclude both splitscreen and matchmaking for co-op? It’s like they sold a car for gas money.

PLZ link.

Mind tossing me a source?

Link of the information:

If it is against the rules, mod, please just delete this post here. Thanks.

> 2533274949248224;1:
> Frank Just confirmed at another forum (not sure if I can say the name or post the link here) that Halo 5 campaing won’t support matchamking co-op.
> Well, I know many of you may not like to play with unknown people, but I for one am quite disapponted by this information, since I don’t know many people living nearby that are free to play whenever I wan’t.
>
> I thought I would be able to drop in at a co-op match whenever I wanted to! =(

Yea that’s dumb they took out split screen then say its a co-op experience when you can’t even play with randoms online when this is so online focused. I mean people do have friends but those who don’t won’t be able to play the co-op experience. Yea they should start getting friends then but they shouldn’t be forced to if they just want to experience it and be done with it. Just seems more like its just solo with an illusion of co-op. Obviously there is co-op but that’s not the topic.

Well that just happened.

> 2533274949248224;5:
> Link of the information:
> http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178783148&postcount=452
>
> If it is against the rules, mod, please just delete this post here. Thanks.

Oh Christ. There is no part of that post that doesn’t make me want to vomit. Bravo, 343.

I mean…we’ve only had campaign matchmaking in one game and IME, it never really went very well. Between people quitting when they didn’t get the level/difficulty they wanted, people AFK’ing, and the trolling that happened…I’m not really surprised this isn’t coming back.

Lazy link.

> 2533274823519895;8:
> > 2533274949248224;5:
> > Link of the information:
> > http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178783148&postcount=452
> >
> > If it is against the rules, mod, please just delete this post here. Thanks.
>
>
> Oh Christ. There is no part of that post that doesn’t make me want to vomit. Bravo, 343.

What he said was completely true.

I see his point, I mean trolls gonna troll. I trolled peoples games when I was bored.

> 2661949065475413;12:
> I see his point, I mean trolls gonna troll. I trolled peoples games when I was bored.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Yeah this is kinda -Yoink-, especially considering the coop focus of the game. Atleast for we have the recruitment forums, it’ll be worse for those not on way point

> 2533275011491088;11:
> > 2533274823519895;8:
> > > 2533274949248224;5:
> > > Link of the information:
> > > http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178783148&postcount=452
> > >
> > > If it is against the rules, mod, please just delete this post here. Thanks.
> >
> >
> > Oh Christ. There is no part of that post that doesn’t make me want to vomit. Bravo, 343.
>
>
> What he said was completely true.

I understand and can actually agree with the point of view.
However, that’s why it would be an option. I mean, just because matchaking is available it doesnt mean you have to play with randoms… but there are people interested in it.

I live in South America and its hard to find people over international forums to play online co-op without lag issues. Also, its not always that I have the time to post in a Halo 5 thread that I want to play co-op, wait someone to manifest interest, then to get ready, so we can finally play a match… sometimes I just want to turn the Xbox on, search for a game, drop in, play a little, drop out and go to do whatever I need to do.

> 2533274796457055;9:
> I mean…we’ve only had campaign matchmaking in one game and IME, it never really went very well. Between people quitting when they didn’t get the level/difficulty they wanted, people AFK’ing, and the trolling that happened…I’m not really surprised this isn’t coming back.

I can totally see that,I added this guy because I thought he was alright but then he let his friend play and we were playing Metropolis on Halo 2 and he decided to get the tank ok. Then he decided it would be funny to kill me and then name call me then kill me again. I decided to just sit there and let him finish the level then he quit.

> 2533274949248224;15:
> I live in South America and its hard to find people over international forums to play online co-op without lag issues.

Well…I don’t live in SA but I’ve lived in multiple different countries and co-op campaign is actually HORRIBLE with regards to lag. And the campaign MM playlist on Reach was some of the worst lag I’ve experienced in campaign. I’m not sure this argument of yours is the strongest “Pro campaign MM playlist!” one. :confused:

> 2533274925960280;16:
> > 2533274796457055;9:
> > I mean…we’ve only had campaign matchmaking in one game and IME, it never really went very well. Between people quitting when they didn’t get the level/difficulty they wanted, people AFK’ing, and the trolling that happened…I’m not really surprised this isn’t coming back.
>
>
> I can totally see that,I added this guy because I thought he was alright but then he let his friend play and we were playing Metropolis on Halo 2 and he decided to get the tank ok. Then he decided it would be funny to kill me and then name call me then kill me again. I decided to just sit there and let him finish the level then he quit.

I won’t go into specifics but yeah, some of the trolling that happens in campaign can be pretty rough.

> 2533274796457055;17:
> > 2533274949248224;15:
> > I live in South America and its hard to find people over international forums to play online co-op without lag issues.
>
>
> Well…I don’t live in SA but I’ve lived in multiple different countries and co-op campaign is actually HORRIBLE with regards to lag. And the campaign MM playlist on Reach was some of the worst lag I’ve experienced in campaign. I’m not sure this argument of yours is the strongest “Pro campaign MM playlist!” one. :confused:

But isn’t the game using dedicated servers? MS has lots of servers around the world (including south america) what I’m pretty sure would make matches much less of a pain inside the same region.

> 2533274949248224;1:
> Frank Just confirmed at another forum (not sure if I can say the name or post the link here) that Halo 5 campaing won’t support matchamking co-op.
>
> Well, I know many of you may not like to play with unknown people, but I for one am quite disapponted by this information since I don’t know many people living nearby that are free to play whenever I wan’t.
>
> I thought I would be able to drop in at a co-op match whenever I wanted to! =(

Reach’s wasn’t added until far later after release, and it was the only game to have it implemented. Is this really a surprise?