Framerate

Soooo Framerate is a massive issue and I hope it’s just in the beta. I was getting like 30-60 FPS on high with a Ryzen 7 2700x and a RTX 2070. I’ve loved what I’ve played so far but this is a massive issue. I was looking into possible reasons and according to my performance monitoring software my computer was using a total of 22% of my GPU and 40% of my CPU… Which considering I had a lot of other stuff running isn’t good at all. Whatever resource management the game is using needs to be looked at and I hope this gets sorted before release.

My buddy had the same, but after updating his drivers it works a lot better…maybe try that?

I have the most up-to-date drivers it was the first thing I checked thanks though.

It seems that this is a common issue. I got flighted for the Xbox one, and ive had fps down in 15 to 20. This is perhaps why they wanted so many, so they can check their utilization of hardware and optimize it. Currently I bet this will be resolved for most player by launch. I am however worried about Xbox one player, but it’s 8 years old at this point so…

> 2533274879460990;4:
> It seems that this is a common issue. I got flighted for the Xbox one, and ive had fps down in 15 to 20. This is perhaps why they wanted so many, so they can check their utilization of hardware and optimize it. Currently I bet this will be resolved for most player by launch. I am however worried about Xbox one player, but it’s 8 years old at this point so…

I’m in the same boat, for now. Hoping to be able to get a Series X in time for launch though.

Keep in mind it’s not a beta. It’s a technical preview so assets and other components aren’t fully optimized or final. They mentioned on stream it’s a build that’s 2 to 3 months old and hasn’t fully been optimized for all pc builds. Which is the purpose of the technical preview. So I’m with you on getting it fleshed out.

> 2533274815190456;6:
> Keep in mind it’s not a beta. It’s a technical preview so assets and other components aren’t fully optimized or final. They mentioned on stream it’s a build that’s 2 to 3 months old and hasn’t fully been optimized for all pc builds. Which is the purpose of the technical preview. So I’m with you on getting it fleshed out.

Indeed. It’s more like a late Alpha actually. However pc is one thing, the Xbox one and series has been around and should’ve been more optimized if u ask me. Idk. I’m keeping my hopes high, this just proves the concept of bots

Yeah framerates are quite jank on PC, I’m running an old RX570 at 40FPS on med settings, and its been just about playable but I know people with better AMD GPUs getting wildly lower FPS and weird visual bugs

> 2533274815190456;6:
> Keep in mind it’s not a beta. It’s a technical preview so assets and other components aren’t fully optimized or final. They mentioned on stream it’s a build that’s 2 to 3 months old and hasn’t fully been optimized for all pc builds. Which is the purpose of the technical preview. So I’m with you on getting it fleshed out.

Just please stop being like this… I’m reporting something that needs addressing. I understand you love the game and don’t like people pointing out flaws this early but it needs to be said so they can work on it. Justifying an issue won’t get it fixed but talking about it and pointing it out to them would I understand they might already know it exists and like you said it’s 2-3 months old and might have been fixed but the key word there is “might”. Don’t let your prejudice for the game or company blind that fact.

> 2533274872204772;1:
> Soooo Framerate is a massive issue and I hope it’s just in the beta. I was getting like 30-60 FPS on high with a Ryzen 7 2700x and a RTX 2070. I’ve loved what I’ve played so far but this is a massive issue. I was looking into possible reasons and according to my performance monitoring software my computer was using a total of 22% of my GPU and 40% of my CPU… Which considering I had a lot of other stuff running isn’t good at all. Whatever resource management the game is using needs to be looked at and I hope this gets sorted before release.

I’m on low and only peaking at 55. I only have a 1660 ti but I have absolutely no issues running games like BF and CoD at 60 fps :joy: I have a ryzen 9 3900x and it uses 98-99% of my cpu for some reason. Only other thing running is steam. Guess my PC doesn’t like this one.

Same here. I’m running with an i7 4770k, 32GB DDR3 and a 1080 Ti and I’m getting 40FPS tops with some drops. Of course it’s a technical preview so it’s unlikely to be optimized but it’s good to see that I’m not the only one with this issue.

Yep, running a Ryzen 7 3700X and an RX 5700 XT (yes, most current drivers), and I get ~40-55FPS. Really enjoying the feel of this game. Here’s hoping they get this ironed out by launch.

> 2533274872204772;9:
> > 2533274815190456;6:
> > Keep in mind it’s not a beta. It’s a technical preview so assets and other components aren’t fully optimized or final. They mentioned on stream it’s a build that’s 2 to 3 months old and hasn’t fully been optimized for all pc builds. Which is the purpose of the technical preview. So I’m with you on getting it fleshed out.
>
> Just please stop being like this… I’m reporting something that needs addressing. I understand you love the game and don’t like people pointing out flaws this early but it needs to be said so they can work on it. Justifying an issue won’t get it fixed but talking about it and pointing it out to them would I understand they might already know it exists and like you said it’s 2-3 months old and might have been fixed but the key word there is “might”. Don’t let your prejudice for the game or company blind that fact.

They literally agreed with you in their last sentence, what are you getting all antsy for :joy:

But yeah, performance for me is pretty bad too. Running a 3060 and an old Ryzen 5 1600X OC’d to 4Ghz (waiting for my upgrade to arrive atm). I have to run the game on lowest settings and at 1080 instead of 1440 to get 50-60 FPS. My assumption here is this is a brand new engine (Slipspace engine is it called?) and it’s the first time it’s been ran on a large variety of systems. And before EclipseNexxus jumps in here saying “stop being like this”, I ain’t saying it doesn’t need fixing, just saying that the reason performance is SOOO bad is because it’s a new engine. You wouldn’t have seen this if they’d just made it on the Unreal engine for example. I’m glad they didn’t though, bored of everyone using the Unreal Engine