Frags without explosives are horrendous.

I noticed this while playing doubles pro(which I think sucks, but I love normal doubles.)

I’ve always used explosives as I find it the most helpful for me. I love being able to use my frags, but I forgot just how terrible they are without the perk.

plasma grenades wreck vehicles, pulse grenades are good if you know how to use them, but frags blow without explosives. You literally need to place it right under them to do anything and even then they are sometimes inconsistent. I was getting handled by campers because I couldn’t flush them out with frags.

does anyone else think the frags could benefit from a slight radius increase?

No this is a terrible idea, someone lock this thread. Reach was a nade spam fest and it removes skill and promotes randomness. I am assuming you also use AR. Switch to a DMR and learn to strafe and actually get some skill. Nobody wants more randomness in this game. We want it more watered down, specifically pro playlist.

-5% damage, +10% radius… Ish. Something along those lines sounds good.

> No this is a terrible idea, someone lock this thread. Reach was a nade spam fest and it removes skill and promotes randomness. I am assuming you also use AR. Switch to a DMR and learn to strafe and actually get some skill. Nobody wants more randomness in this game. We want it more watered down, specifically pro playlist.

Nades don’t promote randomness, ordinances do (and instant respawn, for that matter). And I don’t know where you get your logic. It takes a great deal of skill and knowledge of the game to get nades in the right places, from banking them off walls, to predicting where your opponent will be. And it is not a good thing to assume or jump to conclusions. Didn’t anybody ever teach you what -Yoink–u-me stands for? But I will agree about the watering down, to an extent. There are many things that need to be gotten rid of that take away from the competitive experience and make the winner essentially decided by a roll of the dice (see infinity slayer), but nades, my fellow halo community member, is not one of them.

And just to leave my own personal opinion on the grenade matter, I just feel they’re far too inconsistent. Many a time I find myself a good 9 feet away from a nade, and it takes all of my shields with it; while I throw one which blows up maybe 2 or 3 feet away from my opponent and I still have to five shot them. And just so I don’t have the typical troll trying to discredit my entire argument based on one slight oversight or unexplained detail; yes, I am fully aware of explosives and have used it on and off, but it has done next to nothing to address the unpredictability and frustration.

> No this is a terrible idea, someone lock this thread. Reach was a nade spam fest and it removes skill and promotes randomness. I am assuming you also use AR. Switch to a DMR and learn to strafe and actually get some skill. Nobody wants more randomness in this game. We want it more watered down, specifically pro playlist.

Lock the thread for giving my opinion? Ok kid…actually no I use the BR the most and grenades don’t promote randomness if you don’t chuck them Willy nilly which I don’t. I use them to flush out would be campers and to gain an upper hand against a pursuer. Also you say get skill when you say switch to a DMR which takes no skill at all to use so don’t make me laugh.

also what’s wrong with the AR? its actually pretty good in this game. And your assumption that nobody wants better frags is completely crap considering the fact that you have no proof that everyone doesn’t want it and I would like it so your argument is already invalid about everyone.

also next time don’t be a jerk about other people giving their opinions and don’t make assumptions because I am probably better than you are.

I agree nades are a huge part or competitive play, but u need to be skilled with them to get the damage. Increasing splash damage would promote more ramdomness and give people more undeserved kills. Mastering grenade geometry should have to be mastered.

> > No this is a terrible idea, someone lock this thread. Reach was a nade spam fest and it removes skill and promotes randomness. I am assuming you also use AR. Switch to a DMR and learn to strafe and actually get some skill. Nobody wants more randomness in this game. We want it more watered down, specifically pro playlist.
>
> Nades don’t promote randomness, ordinances do (and instant respawn, for that matter). And I don’t know where you get your logic. It takes a great deal of skill and knowledge of the game to get nades in the right places, from banking them off walls, to predicting where your opponent will be. And it is not a good thing to assume or jump to conclusions. Didn’t anybody ever teach you what -Yoink!–u-me stands for? But I will agree about the watering down, to an extent. There are many things that need to be gotten rid of that take away from the competitive experience and make the winner essentially decided by a roll of the dice (see infinity slayer), but nades, my fellow halo community member, is not one of them.
>
> And just to leave my own personal opinion on the grenade matter, I just feel they’re far too inconsistent. Many a time I find myself a good 9 feet away from a nade, and it takes all of my shields with it; while I throw one which blows up maybe 2 or 3 feet away from my opponent and I still have to five shot them. And just so I don’t have the typical troll trying to discredit my entire argument based on one slight oversight or unexplained detail; yes, I am fully aware of explosives and have used it on and off, but it has done next to nothing to address the unpredictability and frustration.

Thank you, I have noticed the inconsistency as well. It gets really annoying. I don’t have a problem with doubles pro per say, only that I find the lag too irritating to play with, and the camping really bad since there is no motion sensors. That and the issue with grenades. I would prefer just a classic playlist.

> I agree nades are a huge part or competitive play, but u need to be skilled with them to get the damage. Increasing splash damage would promote more ramdomness and give people more undeserved kills. Mastering grenade geometry should have to be mastered.

I agree with that, but you have to admit the radius on the things is piss poor. I’m not asking to buff the nades to where explosives put them now, but I’d rather it at least drop some of their shields if it were near them rather than have to place the nade directly under them to get any effect.

There’s nothing wrong with the frags in Halo 4. If you are skilled at placing them you will have no problem getting kills (Frags are my #4 ToD with 650 kills).

If they were the similar to Halo 3 frags I’d understand, but they’re not.

> No this is a terrible idea, someone lock this thread. Reach was a nade spam fest and it removes skill and promotes randomness. I am assuming you also use AR. Switch to a DMR and learn to strafe and actually get some skill. Nobody wants more randomness in this game. We want it more watered down, specifically pro playlist.

Besides the fact that there is a lot of technic in the art o throwing nades, the grenades are already more powerful with the Explosives perk, and strafing is ruined with tha fact that the DMR only needs vertical aiming

> No this is a terrible idea, someone lock this thread. Reach was a nade spam fest and it removes skill and promotes randomness. I am assuming you also use AR. Switch to a DMR and learn to strafe and actually get some skill. Nobody wants more randomness in this game. We want it more watered down, specifically pro playlist.

First off nades take a great deal of skill to use. Most of the time they decide who is going to win the battle. Secondly switch to the DMR? How about the BR, try landing 5 bursts (not sure how many bullets in the last burst need to hit, but 13-15 bullets), instead of 5 bullets with the easiest to use gun.

Back to the OP I agree with you. I started using explosives and whenever I don’t have it frags feel pretty useless. I also find this same problem with the sticky detonator. Not sure if it’s just me but when you don’t have explosives you pretty much need to hit them dead on with it to kill them, with explosives it just needs to be in the general area.

They are fine how they are…

You have to get most your kills with your guns now. Oh, no…

I’ve used frags without the explosive perk most of the time, and I have had no problem with them. It’s all in technic, you have to be very careful with your throws and always try to lob them as close to the enemy player as possible. Adding the explosive perk however would be fine, but I don’t see it doing that much difference.

On the topic of inconsistent grenades, could you please post a vid or add one to your fileshare? I’ve never had a grenade that didn’t explode or fail to harm a player it should have.

> > No this is a terrible idea, someone lock this thread. Reach was a nade spam fest and it removes skill and promotes randomness. I am assuming you also use AR. Switch to a DMR and learn to strafe and actually get some skill. Nobody wants more randomness in this game. We want it more watered down, specifically pro playlist.
>
> First off nades take a great deal of skill to use. Most of the time they decide who is going to win the battle. Secondly switch to the DMR? How about the BR, try landing 5 bursts (not sure how many bullets in the last burst need to hit, but 13-15 bullets), instead of 5 bullets with the easiest to use gun.
>
> Back to the OP I agree with you. I started using explosives and whenever I don’t have it frags feel pretty useless. I also find this same problem with the sticky detonator. Not sure if it’s just me but when you don’t have explosives you pretty much need to hit them dead on with it to kill them, with explosives it just needs to be in the general area.

NO, I have to disagree with you. I think that the sticky gun is far too powerful. Ive had situations where im like 10 feet away and that stupid thing kills me or depletes my shields completely.

> Switch to a DMR and learn to strafe and actually get some skill.

Lol.

If you used “Lightrifle” or “Carbine” I might actually be able to take that seriously. But DMR? The DMR takes no skill. And strafing doesn’t matter when the game hands you kills with your crosshair being off the enemy.

You obviously don’t know what you are talking about.

On-topic:
The radius feels fine to me. But really they should’ve made perks like Resupply,
Awareness, and Explosives base player traits by default.

> No this is a terrible idea, someone lock this thread. Reach was a nade spam fest and it removes skill and promotes randomness. I am assuming you also use AR. Switch to a DMR and learn to strafe and actually get some skill. Nobody wants more randomness in this game. We want it more watered down, specifically pro playlist.

LOL you haven’t played much. Or you just don’t understand. If you want to promote skill and remove randomness, they need to 1. Remove custom loadouts. 2. Reduce the bullet magnetism. 3. Eliminate/fix requisition.

Frag grenades are watered down, and should be the least of your worries.

> No this is a terrible idea, someone lock this thread. Reach was a nade spam fest and it removes skill and promotes randomness. I am assuming you also use AR. Switch to a DMR and learn to strafe and actually get some skill. Nobody wants more randomness in this game. We want it more watered down, specifically pro playlist.

Even in Reach, damage was too high. Radius was good though.

If range is increased, we need a corresponding des crease of damage/range.

You insult Doubles Pro >:(

OT: I believe explosives is being considered. All the MLG guys are calling for it. But it isn’t so much for the increased blast radius but for the balancing effect it has the on the DMR v BR. With Explosives active a DMR takes 2 shots to kill an enemy hit by a frag grenade whilst a BR only takes 1.

Frag grenades are fine. I’ve never once had to use the explosive perk because I felt they were just right. Land bounce a nade in someones face and follow up with a headshot for an easy kill.

No one wants the hand nukes from Reach. No one.