Four Questions About Halo 4

Question 1: Why would the Infinity keep working around Requiem? If SOPS(Spartan Ops) is set six months after Halo 4’s campaign, why would they still be performing operations on Requiem? To contain the Prometheans and prevent them from spreading across our galaxy - or the Universe?

Question 2: Where could Master Chief and Cortana have gone? Knowing Chief, he wouldn’t let an Ancient Evil that threatens the fate of the Universe escape his view. He will go after him. Just like how he followed the Prophet of Truth to Earth in Halo 2’s ending.

Question 3: Where would the Ancient Evil go? Requiem is said to house a secret. One theory is that Requiem stores the collective knowledge of the Forerunners. So with this knowledge, maybe the Ancient Evil will go to a Forerunner installation unknown to most and take refuge in it. And with the possibility of this particular installation being a weapon, we will have our setting for Halo 5.

Question 4: How can a Halo ring be implemented into the story? This picture of the Halo 4 E3 build menu suggests that we will in fact come into contact with another ring. Which ring however, is still up in the air.

you will just have to wait and see, i personally can’t come up with theories to answer these questions with the very little info we have.

> Question 1: Why would the Infinity keep working around Requiem? If SOPS(Spartan Ops) is set six months after Halo 4’s campaign, why would they still be performing operations on Requiem? To contain the Prometheans and prevent them from spreading across our galaxy - or the Universe?
>
> Question 2: Where could Master Chief and Cortana have gone? Knowing Chief, he wouldn’t let an Ancient Evil that threatens the fate of the Universe escape his view. He will go after him. Just like how he followed the Prophet of Truth to Earth in Halo 2’s ending.
>
> Question 3: Where would the Ancient Evil go? Requiem is said to house a secret. One theory is that Requiem stores the collective knowledge of the Forerunners. So with this knowledge, maybe the Ancient Evil will go to a Forerunner installation unknown to most and take refuge in it. And with the possibility of this particular installation being a weapon, we will have our setting for Halo 5.
>
> Question 4: How can a Halo ring be implemented into the story? This picture of the Halo 4 E3 build menu suggests that we will in fact come into contact with another ring. Which ring however, is still up in the air.

1. My guess is that we wont be done with Requiem at the end of Halo 4.

2. Well, Chief was actually going to Earth because of the Ark. I’m not sure what you are talking about with where would they go? As in why they aren’t in Spartan Ops? They’ve probably got other things to do and take care of.

3. I don’t think it’s going anywhere. I think it is content with Requiem.

4. Ehh, I think it’ll be more of a flashback sequence rather than us really going to a Halo.

You really seem to be on the topic of where MC, Cortana, and the Ancient Evil are going. What makes you think they are going somewhere? If you are referring to Cortana’s little outburst, that was actually directed towards the Captain of the Infinity.

if i remember correctly the forerunners made the rings so it would make sense for one to be near their home worlds so it might make a difference in the story but idk

> Question 1: Why would the Infinity keep working around Requiem? If SOPS(Spartan Ops) is set six months after Halo 4’s campaign, why would they still be performing operations on Requiem? To contain the Prometheans and prevent them from spreading across our galaxy - or the Universe?
>
> Question 2: Where could Master Chief and Cortana have gone? Knowing Chief, he wouldn’t let an Ancient Evil that threatens the fate of the Universe escape his view. He will go after him. Just like how he followed the Prophet of Truth to Earth in Halo 2’s ending.
>
> Question 3: Where would the Ancient Evil go? Requiem is said to house a secret. One theory is that Requiem stores the collective knowledge of the Forerunners. So with this knowledge, maybe the Ancient Evil will go to a Forerunner installation unknown to most and take refuge in it. And with the possibility of this particular installation being a weapon, we will have our setting for Halo 5.
>
> Question 4: How can a Halo ring be implemented into the story? This picture of the Halo 4 E3 build menu suggests that we will in fact come into contact with another ring. Which ring however, is still up in the air.

1. We’ll find out over the course of the campaign. If anything, the fact that Spartan Ops is still set on Requiem should be a major clue as to the nature of the evil on Requiem

2. Spartan Ops focuses on the S-IV’s. Requiem is a huge place, so the Chief is likely off doing something else, something just as, if not more important.

3. Requiem is likely a holding pen for the Ancient Evil, and the Infinity/Chief want to keep it there.

4. There are still 6 scatter throughout the galaxy. Bringing one into the story would be relatively easy.

> > Question 1: Why would the Infinity keep working around Requiem? If SOPS(Spartan Ops) is set six months after Halo 4’s campaign, why would they still be performing operations on Requiem? To contain the Prometheans and prevent them from spreading across our galaxy - or the Universe?
> >
> > Question 2: Where could Master Chief and Cortana have gone? Knowing Chief, he wouldn’t let an Ancient Evil that threatens the fate of the Universe escape his view. He will go after him. Just like how he followed the Prophet of Truth to Earth in Halo 2’s ending.
> >
> > Question 3: Where would the Ancient Evil go? Requiem is said to house a secret. One theory is that Requiem stores the collective knowledge of the Forerunners. So with this knowledge, maybe the Ancient Evil will go to a Forerunner installation unknown to most and take refuge in it. And with the possibility of this particular installation being a weapon, we will have our setting for Halo 5.
> >
> > Question 4: How can a Halo ring be implemented into the story? This picture of the Halo 4 E3 build menu suggests that we will in fact come into contact with another ring. Which ring however, is still up in the air.
>
> 1) My guess is that we wont be done with Requiem at the end of Halo 4.
>
> 2) Well, Chief was actually going to Earth because of the Ark. I’m not sure what you are talking about with where would they go? As in why they aren’t in Spartan Ops? They’ve probably got other things to do and take care of.
>
> 3) I don’t think it’s going anywhere. I think it is content with Requiem.
>
> 4) Ehh, I think it’ll be more of a flashback sequence rather than us really going to a Halo.
>
> You really seem to be on the topic of where MC, Cortana, and the Ancient Evil are going. What makes you think they are going somewhere? If you are referring to Cortana’s little outburst, that was actually directed towards the Captain of the Infinity.

1. We always go to a new locale at the end of a Halo game

2. I think it’s safe to say Master Chief was after both Truth and the Ark

3. I just doubt that the Ancient Evil would hang around Requiem with the UNSC after him. And if Requiem really does contain the collective knowledge of the Forerunners, my guess is that he is going to run off to a secret installation with some of his Prometheans

4. Legendary Endings never contain flashback sequences. I thinks that’s a job for the Terminals.

> > Question 1: Why would the Infinity keep working around Requiem? If SOPS(Spartan Ops) is set six months after Halo 4’s campaign, why would they still be performing operations on Requiem? To contain the Prometheans and prevent them from spreading across our galaxy - or the Universe?
> >
> > Question 2: Where could Master Chief and Cortana have gone? Knowing Chief, he wouldn’t let an Ancient Evil that threatens the fate of the Universe escape his view. He will go after him. Just like how he followed the Prophet of Truth to Earth in Halo 2’s ending.
> >
> > Question 3: Where would the Ancient Evil go? Requiem is said to house a secret. One theory is that Requiem stores the collective knowledge of the Forerunners. So with this knowledge, maybe the Ancient Evil will go to a Forerunner installation unknown to most and take refuge in it. And with the possibility of this particular installation being a weapon, we will have our setting for Halo 5.
> >
> > Question 4: How can a Halo ring be implemented into the story? This picture of the Halo 4 E3 build menu suggests that we will in fact come into contact with another ring. Which ring however, is still up in the air.
>
> 1. We’ll find out over the course of the campaign. If anything, the fact that Spartan Ops is still set on Requiem should be a major clue as to the nature of the evil on Requiem
>
> 2. Spartan Ops focuses on the S-IV’s. Requiem is a huge place, so the Chief is likely off doing something else, something just as, if not more important.
>
> 3. Requiem is likely a holding pen for the Ancient Evil, and the Infinity/Chief want to keep it there.
>
> 4. There are still 6 scatter throughout the galaxy. Bringing one into the story would be relatively easy.

I do agree with you about #3, I can see the UNSC and the Chief trying their hardest to contain him and the Prometheans there. But I still have my doubts since Halo usually don’t end in the same location as they begin(Halo 2 being the exception).

> > > Question 1: Why would the Infinity keep working around Requiem? If SOPS(Spartan Ops) is set six months after Halo 4’s campaign, why would they still be performing operations on Requiem? To contain the Prometheans and prevent them from spreading across our galaxy - or the Universe?
> > >
> > > Question 2: Where could Master Chief and Cortana have gone? Knowing Chief, he wouldn’t let an Ancient Evil that threatens the fate of the Universe escape his view. He will go after him. Just like how he followed the Prophet of Truth to Earth in Halo 2’s ending.
> > >
> > > Question 3: Where would the Ancient Evil go? Requiem is said to house a secret. One theory is that Requiem stores the collective knowledge of the Forerunners. So with this knowledge, maybe the Ancient Evil will go to a Forerunner installation unknown to most and take refuge in it. And with the possibility of this particular installation being a weapon, we will have our setting for Halo 5.
> > >
> > > Question 4: How can a Halo ring be implemented into the story? This picture of the Halo 4 E3 build menu suggests that we will in fact come into contact with another ring. Which ring however, is still up in the air.
> >
> > 1. We’ll find out over the course of the campaign. If anything, the fact that Spartan Ops is still set on Requiem should be a major clue as to the nature of the evil on Requiem
> >
> > 2. Spartan Ops focuses on the S-IV’s. Requiem is a huge place, so the Chief is likely off doing something else, something just as, if not more important.
> >
> > 3. Requiem is likely a holding pen for the Ancient Evil, and the Infinity/Chief want to keep it there.
> >
> > 4. There are still 6 scatter throughout the galaxy. Bringing one into the story would be relatively easy.
>
> I do agree with you about #3, I can see the UNSC and the Chief trying their hardest to contain him and the Prometheans there. But I still have my doubts since Halo usually don’t end in the same location as they begin(Halo 2 being the exception).

I wouldn’t use past Halo games as a source of information for the nature of the games going forward. New studio and all that. Spartans Ops is a good indication that much of the Reclaimer trilogy will be set on Requiem. In addition, it’s unlikely we’ll see much in the way of Human forces, or of Earth. The Chief, in every source of information, remains MIA as of 2552.

> > > > Question 1: Why would the Infinity keep working around Requiem? If SOPS(Spartan Ops) is set six months after Halo 4’s campaign, why would they still be performing operations on Requiem? To contain the Prometheans and prevent them from spreading across our galaxy - or the Universe?
> > > >
> > > > Question 2: Where could Master Chief and Cortana have gone? Knowing Chief, he wouldn’t let an Ancient Evil that threatens the fate of the Universe escape his view. He will go after him. Just like how he followed the Prophet of Truth to Earth in Halo 2’s ending.
> > > >
> > > > Question 3: Where would the Ancient Evil go? Requiem is said to house a secret. One theory is that Requiem stores the collective knowledge of the Forerunners. So with this knowledge, maybe the Ancient Evil will go to a Forerunner installation unknown to most and take refuge in it. And with the possibility of this particular installation being a weapon, we will have our setting for Halo 5.
> > > >
> > > > Question 4: How can a Halo ring be implemented into the story? This picture of the Halo 4 E3 build menu suggests that we will in fact come into contact with another ring. Which ring however, is still up in the air.
> > >
> > > 1. We’ll find out over the course of the campaign. If anything, the fact that Spartan Ops is still set on Requiem should be a major clue as to the nature of the evil on Requiem
> > >
> > > 2. Spartan Ops focuses on the S-IV’s. Requiem is a huge place, so the Chief is likely off doing something else, something just as, if not more important.
> > >
> > > 3. Requiem is likely a holding pen for the Ancient Evil, and the Infinity/Chief want to keep it there.
> > >
> > > 4. There are still 6 scatter throughout the galaxy. Bringing one into the story would be relatively easy.
> >
> > I do agree with you about #3, I can see the UNSC and the Chief trying their hardest to contain him and the Prometheans there. But I still have my doubts since Halo usually don’t end in the same location as they begin(Halo 2 being the exception).
>
> I wouldn’t use past Halo games as a source of information for the nature of the games going forward. New studio and all that. Spartans Ops is a good indication that much of the Reclaimer trilogy will be set on Requiem. In addition, it’s unlikely we’ll see much in the way of Human forces, or of Earth. The Chief, in every source of information, remains MIA as of 2552.

I’d consider Legendary endings and the way they’re structured(Always being a glimpse of something that happens in the future with Halo 1’s ridiculous and awesome Legendary ending) tradition in Halo. Even with 343’s new and unique ambitions for the series, i’m sure they’ll continue traditions that begun in past games.

>
>
>

We can answer your questions because we know the Campaign of Halo 4 all ready.
lol

We know as much as you do about the story of Halo 4 and there is no way we could actually answer your question. We can provide you with theories, or you could simply wait and see how the Campaign goes. :slight_smile:

> We know as much as you do about the story of Halo 4 and there is no way we could actually answer your question. We can provide you with theories, or you could simply wait and see how the Campaign goes. :slight_smile:

I was never expecting concrete and factual answers to my questions. I just wanted to see what theories people can produce.

> > We know as much as you do about the story of Halo 4 and there is no way we could actually answer your question. We can provide you with theories, or you could simply wait and see how the Campaign goes. :slight_smile:
>
> I was never expecting concrete and factual answers to my questions. I just wanted to see what theories people can produce.

Okay then. But I am not very good with theories so I’ll just let the others make some. :smiley: