Found a problem with the new JiP System 343I!

(Yes, I know, I’m creating a lot of useless topics today…)

Anyways, I just found a HUGE problem in the new Join in Progess System.
I was just playing a TEAM Snipers match, and joined a running game.
Shortly after I joined, my three teammates quit.

And I played for the rest of the match alone.

As someone like me, who doesn’t think about quitting even in worse situations like these, this is a great problem, especially when those four dudes on the enemy team are great at Sniping, opposed to my… not so good skills.

THIS is a problem, which should be at least discussed.

Maybe the could be added a option, which allows to let people join a game again after the window, if the number of one team is too small (like one, in my case).

Well, I guess, you’re already aware of this, just mentioning…

Thanks for your time and keep up your work, 343I !

Does anybody else has experienced the same? Please discuss it with me.

Yeah you’re right…

…this is another useless topic.

But this is the first Halo game with JIP and it’s caused more problems then solutions.

When you’re playing Big Team CTF with only 2 guys vs 8, then you know it’s a problem.

I’m all for not allowing people to join a game really, gives the sense of team work and triumph if you stick with the same guys.

Thats not really a problem with JIP though, its a problem with people being so quick to quit games (like you I never quit).

Even if you hadn’t been JIP’d into that game your teammates would have screwed you over.

That’s because no one can join in progress after one minute, this means that people won’t join in a late game and actually contribute something to the game, giving a accurate CSR rating.

Yes, there are bad situations like this, however, the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Hah, I know how you feel. One time, I joined a match of SWAT, in progress, just as my other 3 team mates quit, somehow. I don’t know how that works, I guess I got assigned before the game was ended for only having one team.

And to top it all off, one person on the other team had that “No Head” mod, so I was basically slaughtered for a few minutes till the match timed out.

> Thats not really a problem with JIP though, its a problem with people being so quick to quit games (like you I never quit).
>
> Even if you hadn’t been JIP’d into that game your teammates would have screwed you over.

Exactly.

Join in progress has it’s faults but really all I’m seeing is that quitters should be more harshly punished.

Here is how I want it. Quit a few games in an hour? Sit out of matchmaking for 15 minutes. If that angers you enough to put away halo then so be it. You’re not deserving of playing with people.

I’ve only quit when playing Team based matches and my teammates don’t know -Yoink!- about CTF or KoTH. I give them all one good look and think to myself ‘you deserve to lose’ then quit. Fortunately this happens rarely.

> That’s because no one can join in progress after one minute, this means that people won’t join in a late game and actually contribute something to the game, giving a accurate CSR rating.

I have been JIP into BTB where the other side is 5 kills from winning, now that has to be AFTER 1 minute.
On 2 occasions I have managed to get 1 kill & another nothing before the game ends each time for the opposition victory!

Yeah, to reply to most of you guys… I see know there are still a few flaws of the new system, but I think, 343I is already working on them.

It’s really amazing to see, since this feature exists now, how many people quit now… back in the days of Halo 3 only a few people quitted because of the XP-Penalty. Now… it’s way different.

And I don’t think, there will be a harder punishment for frequent quitters now… since now other can join now.

Ah well, let’s see, what’s coming soon.