FOTUS Armor - Maybe Later?

So personally, I’m getting the LE. This means I’m getting recruit armor. While I’m not using it for the helmet (Wetworks), I’m using it for armor itself. But I’m hoping to see if I can get FOTUS. Is it possible to buy it with MSP somewhere, later on in the games life?

Or will it actually be fully limited? In which case I will hang on to recruit, although I prefer wetworks helmet.

It wouldn’t be fair to the people that purchased the $400 console bundle. It should stay exclusive just as the recruit armor should stay exclusive.

Exclusives need to stay exclusives.
That’s kind of what the point of having something be “exclusive” means.
Undermining that now would:

A. Cause a -Yoink- storm in the forums.

B. Be dishonest of 343i/Microsoft, and overall stupid.

I’m not trying to direct these negative thoughts onto yourself, but just on the hypothetical situation. Sorry If I’ve offend you in any shape, way, or form.

Im sure people will be flogging FOTUS codes on ebay for extortionate prices after launch. If you really care, you could buy one off there.

People keep complaining about how the preorder skins (which are labeled as exclusive) should be for sale later, and that these shouldn’t.

Should stay exclusive.

Some things, not counting the limited edition, shouldn’t Be always exclusive.

Hm. True. I wouldn’t like it if they gave what I paid for for free.

I think what people are forgetting is that no one is paying $400 dollars for FOTUS, they’re paying for a console and some bonuses. If they later sell those bonuses on their own, you’re not losing anything, you already paid for them when you paid for your console.

I want it to stay exclusive. Don’t worry though. We still haven’t seen the whole armory. There may be some armor sets that are cooler than FOTUS. 343i said they had “secret armor sets” up their sleeve. I probably won’t even use FOTUS once I get a secret armor set.

Recruit and FOTUS should stay exclusive. The preorder bonuses however, should come out as dlc.

You aren’t spending more money for the PO bonuses, they are just extra item you get for preordering.

LE and console editions however are exclusives, and should stay that way. They added them to the packages as extra incentive to get the more expensive edition.

Gears of War 3 had PO bonus character skins They got later released in dlc packs recolored. Epic forums were full of hate topics. However, beta unlocks Flaming weapon skins and the Epic Edition&Limited edition games included Adam Fenix and they got never released.

What’s the point in this long post? I have no idea lol I was bored and as a Gears fan I thought I would share this story.

NEVER

LE content should stay exclusive. Forever. preorder retailers released later is okay, but LE content? No. Don’t even think about it, 343i.

Am I the only person who gets annoyed when i read someone saying about the FOTUS Armor and how its for the “more expensive edition”. if it came on the collectors edition, fair enough. point made. but its on a limited edition console, it feels a tad unfair to the masses that would like the armor but know they never will have it, because the couldnt afford to buy a second xbox console. i have an xbox, it works well, i also have a minimum wage job and saved my money aside for the release of Halo 4. there is no way i could justify buying a brand new console for the armor, no matter how much i might want it.

so i think its fair to hope for it being dlc later, they can make it £20-30 for all i care, but at least then those that really want it, arnt punished for not getting a new console. its not like the blue flames that were with a more expensive edition. its with a console!

@Greasewolf

So your logic is because other people can afford something the people who can’t deserve it? No, that’s not how the world works dude, nor if it fair to the people spent the money to get something that’s inherently exclusive for them. It’s not punishing it’s the price of the item if you can’t meet that price it’s not a punishment it just means your priority financially is somewhere else. So no I disagree and hope entirely that 343i doesn’t listen to people like you for they’d be alienating the people who spent and worked hard to get the item.

It should stay exclusive to the console just like legendary flames in reach stayed exclusive to the Legendary Reach Edition.

Besides it looks horrendous, why would you want it. Theres far better armors unlockable in game.

if they do it will be the last time i buy anything more than the standard edition of halo… and i havent bought a standard edition of halo sense ce lol.

@Dorwrath

That’s what you call an opinion.

Considering I threw $350 for a console + bonuses? No. The fotus armor should stay exclusive.

> So personally, I’m getting the LE. This means I’m getting recruit armor. While I’m not using it for the helmet (Wetworks), I’m using it for armor itself. But I’m hoping to see if I can get FOTUS. Is it possible to buy it with MSP somewhere, later on in the games life?
>
> Or will it actually be fully limited? In which case I will hang on to recruit, although I prefer wetworks helmet.

Says the guy with Recruit.

> It wouldn’t be fair to the people that purchased the $400 console bundle. It should stay exclusive just as the recruit armor should stay exclusive.

Says the guy wearing FOTUS.

Sorry, just makes me lolz.

What’s not fair is that I bought the d*mn console for the reduced $350, I needed a new xbox, but I was really looking forward to my fotus armor. I open it all up and the codes for the armor is nowhere to be found. Before people say “check your receipt” it’s not on there, it’s supposed to be in the case of the standard edition that comes with the console, I know this because my friend also bought it and opened it right next to me. I’m still waiting for microsoft to get back to me in the five days they say they will. But I can assume they’ll just tell me there’s nothing they can do. So yeah, I’m gonna be a bit pissed if they don’t release the armor to the public, sooner rather than later would be nice.