FORWARD UNTO DAWN - something we all missed.

Hi all,

So I was rewatching the E3 footage for Halo 4 (as one does) and in seeing the trailer at the start for the Forward Unto Dawn live action series, I noticed something that has not been noted by anyone to my knowledge.

Look at 0:48-0:53, you can clearly see the inverted Didact symbol flickering on all the screens.

So what can we learn from this? We now know that the Infinity didn’t crash, it was forced down to Requiem - which says to me that the Forerunners are building up some kind of obssession with humans. First with Mendicant Bias sending John there but now with the Infinity being pulled down, seems like they’ve got some kind of plan for us because you’d suppose that most other ships would be intercepted and destroyed by the Shield World’s defense mechanism - this just seems like a pretty large amount of effort to go to.

Musings?

I noticed this too.

A warning of the inevitale?

Let’s see…then upside-down symbol could be the Anti-Didact (?)

It could be a bypass.

In the campaign demo, doesn’t the captain say an unknown enemy has taken over the ship?

Just to say, that isn’t the Forward unto Dawn live action series, a different company made it for the E3 opener.

> I noticed this too.
>
> A warning of the inevitale?
>
> Let’s see…then upside-down symbol could be the <mark>Anti-Didact (?)</mark>
>
> It could be a bypass.

The honor of that arguably goes to Faber the Master Builder

> > I noticed this too.
> >
> > A warning of the inevitale?
> >
> > Let’s see…then upside-down symbol could be the <mark>Anti-Didact (?)</mark>
> >
> > It could be a bypass.
>
> The honor of that arguably goes to Faber the Master Builder

Oh definitely.

Not trying to burst your bubble, but I’ve read several whole topics, blogs, etc. On this very subject only hours after it was first shown. And If you’ve read any of Greg Bear’s books you would understand why the forunners are so involved with humanity’s fate. I would suggest you do a bit more research before jumping to conclusions. You can find a rather interesting and coherent theory on the topic at “the little english halo blog”

> > > I noticed this too.
> > >
> > > A warning of the inevitale?
> > >
> > > Let’s see…then upside-down symbol could be the <mark>Anti-Didact (?)</mark>
> > >
> > > It could be a bypass.
> >
> > The honor of that arguably goes to Faber the Master Builder
>
> Oh definitely.

The symbol is that of the Didact in his “unbound” state, according to Frankie.

> Not trying to burst your bubble, but I’ve read several whole topics, blogs, etc. On this very subject only hours after it was first shown. And If you’ve read any of Greg Bear’s books you would understand why the forunners are so involved with humanity’s fate. I would suggest you do a bit more research before jumping to conclusions. You can find a rather interesting and coherent theory on the topic at “the little english halo blog”

I’d suggest you don’t make assumptions about me. Not only is Cryptum my favourite Halo novel, I’ve conversed with Greg bear himself over several aspects about the novel and kickstarted the theory that the Timeless One and Gravemind share the same consciousness.

Don’t insult my intelligence… -_-

> > > > I noticed this too.
> > > >
> > > > A warning of the inevitale?
> > > >
> > > > Let’s see…then upside-down symbol could be the <mark>Anti-Didact (?)</mark>
> > > >
> > > > It could be a bypass.
> > >
> > > The honor of that arguably goes to Faber the Master Builder
> >
> > Oh definitely.
>
> The symbol is that of the Didact in his “unbound” state, according to Frankie.

Thats new to me. But how does it connect…in the books, faber showed a far more hostile approach than Didact.

But 343 did mention he had a temper that was only soothed by the librarian…idk, the fact that the promethean knights and other classes are considered defense mechanisms may imply that they see us hostile just for being there, i mean if didact/faber are not the ancient evil.
but as far as precursors go, idk. The flood was meant to test us and Frankie said there will be no flood in halo 4

> In the campaign demo, doesn’t the captain say an unknown enemy has taken over the ship?

It’s not an unknown enemy if you’ve read Primordium. Well, at the end of the book a UNSC ship is taken over by an “alien” AI and jumps away. It doesn’t say the name of the ship but I think it’s safe to assume it’s Infinity and it ends up at the shield world like in the live action trailer. I won’t give away who is responsible. Check the books out, they rule.

common people frank O’Connor has already confirmed this is the didacts symbol in its “unreleased state”
warning not actual quote it was something similar to that, it was posted on neogaff a couple of months ago. but it meant unreleased it was somthing similar, my brain i cant remember help anyone?

> > In the campaign demo, doesn’t the captain say an unknown enemy has taken over the ship?
>
> It’s not an unknown enemy if you’ve read Primordium. Well, at the end of the book a UNSC ship is taken over by an “alien” AI and jumps away. It doesn’t say the name of the ship but I think it’s safe to assume it’s Infinity and it ends up at the shield world like in the live action trailer. I won’t give away who is responsible. Check the books out, they rule.

I don’t think it was the Infinity it hijacked. The live action trailer (don’t know if it is canon or not) seems to show the crew in full control until they are pulled into the planet.

The book didn’t really give me any indicators it was the Infinity.

Very few people missed this - there was a lot of discussion about it on June 4. Also, it was clear that the UNSC Infinity didn’t crash when its captain said “Unknown force taking control of the ship!” or something to that effect. In my opinion, it was quite clear that something was taking control of the ship, and I remember plenty of people talking about it. We didn’t miss this, OP. Good thread, though.

> common people frank O’Connor has already confirmed this is the didacts symbol in its “unreleased state”
> warning not actual quote it was something similar to that, it was posted on neogaff a couple of months ago. but it meant unreleased it was somthing similar, my brain i cant remember help anyone?

I believe teh word you are looking for is “unbound” :wink:

You know Alex, I’m surprised… I wouldn’t have expected you to not know about it…

What do you mean forerunners are building an obsession with humans…?

> > Not trying to burst your bubble, but I’ve read several whole topics, blogs, etc. On this very subject only hours after it was first shown. And If you’ve read any of Greg Bear’s books you would understand why the forunners are so involved with humanity’s fate. I would suggest you do a bit more research before jumping to conclusions. You can find a rather interesting and coherent theory on the topic at “the little english halo blog”
>
> I’d suggest you don’t make assumptions about me. Not only is Cryptum my favourite Halo novel, I’ve conversed with Greg bear himself over several aspects about the novel and kickstarted the theory that the Timeless One and Gravemind share the same consciousness.
>
> Don’t insult my intelligence… -_-

I apologize for any offense I might have caused you. But, I must say that I never insulted your intelligence. I simply came to the conclusion that you had not stayed up to date on information, dut to the fact that you told all of us forum-goers that we had missed a key piece of information that we had in fact been speaking of for quite some time now.

> > In the campaign demo, doesn’t the captain say an unknown enemy has taken over the ship?
>
> It’s not an unknown enemy if you’ve read Primordium. Well, at the end of the book a UNSC ship is taken over by an “alien” AI and jumps away. It doesn’t say the name of the ship but I think it’s safe to assume it’s Infinity and it ends up at the shield world like in the live action trailer. I won’t give away who is responsible. Check the books out, they rule.

Its not safe to assume, though.

The one you say is responsible put the crew to sleep. The crew of the Infinity is very awake and in full control. And, I believe I heard somewhere that that part of Primordium actually takes place after when Halo 4 would be.

Its not the Infinity.

Maybe the Didact is trying to lure Chief to his Cryptum to open it. Unbound can mean to describe a captive being freed from their bonds. Is the Didact a prisoner?

> Maybe the Didact is trying to lure Chief to his Cryptum to open it. Unbound can mean to describe a captive being freed from their bonds. Is the Didact a prisoner?

I was thinking something like that too. As in the Didact needs someone to open his Cryptum.

But Cryptums can only be opened by a certain species, Forerunner, right? What would the Chief do… besides blow it open.