Forward Unto Dawn confusion

Can some one please explain to me where the series fits into the story. I thought that FUD took place after Halo 3 but that does not seem to be right as the MC is clearly not on Requim. Can some one please fill me in on the what and where. I’ve been watching the and I understand what’s going on I just have no clue as to how this fits in with the games.

It takes place like 20 years before the events of Halo.

Forward unto Dawn takes place in the beginning of the Human-Covenant War in the year 2525. This technically happened before the events of Halo Wars.

> Forward unto Dawn takes place in the beginning of the Human-Covenant War in the year 2525. This technically happened before the events of Halo Wars.

Actually, it was 2526.

FUD took place right at the start of the war. Thats why the recruits don’t know what the covernant are.

So this is when the Covenant is still together along with the prophets. And the MC has Halo 4 style armor and the Elites also have the Halo 4 style armor so this is what lead me to be confused. I thought because of the MC’s armor that it took place alongside Halo 4 but thank you for clearing this up.

The very beginning of a Forward Unto Dawn episode takes place sometime between 2553-2557. This follows Cortana’s decent into rampancy.

It then cuts to Corbulo Academy, a place for UNSC leader’s children to train to fight the Insurrection, in 2526. The story follows Cadet Thomas Lasky, who is a young soldier struggling with personal issues. Then the Covenant attack the planet, and it follows Lasky as he is inspired by Master Chief’s actions.

Lasky is a commander in Halo 4, 20+ years later.

> So this is when the Covenant is still together along with the prophets. And the MC has Halo 4 style armor and the Elites also have the Halo 4 style armor so this is what lead me to be confused. I thought because of the MC’s armor that it took place alongside Halo 4 but thank you for clearing this up.

Actually, the Chief’s armor in Forward Unto Dawn is a stylized version of the Mk IV armor, first seen in Halo Legends: The Package. It looks similar to Mk VI in some ways.

And the Elites to look somewhat like the Storm, but they are just a part of the Covenant early on. Perhaps a different group of Elites that use this kind of armor, and thats where the Storm inherited their armor.

> > So this is when the Covenant is still together along with the prophets. And the MC has Halo 4 style armor and the Elites also have the Halo 4 style armor so this is what lead me to be confused. I thought because of the MC’s armor that it took place alongside Halo 4 but thank you for clearing this up.
>
> Actually, the Chief’s armor in Forward Unto Dawn is a stylized version of the Mk IV armor, first seen in Halo Legends: The Package. It looks similar to Mk VI in some ways.
>
>
> And the Elites to look somewhat like the Storm, but they are just a part of the Covenant early on. Perhaps a different group of Elites that use this kind of armor, and thats where the Storm inherited their armor.

I guess it could make sense that the Storm and the older Covenant have the same armor. In Glasslands if i recall correctly the remains of the Covenant who were against the Arbiter were gathering any supplies they could get and maybe they came across a lot of the older armor and that’s why the masses of the Storm look similar to the FUD Covenant.

> The very beginning of a Forward Unto Dawn episode takes place sometime between 2553-2557. This follows Cortana’s decent into rampancy.
>
>
> It then cuts to Corbulo Academy, a place for UNSC leader’s children to train to fight the Insurrection, in 2556. The story follows Cadet Thomas Lasky, who is a young soldier struggling with personal issues. Then the Covenant attack the planet, and it follows Lasky as he is inspired by Master Chief’s actions.
>
>
>
> Lasky is a commander in Halo 4, 20+ years later.

Halo 4 takes place in 2556. One does not simply age 20 years older in a matter of seconds.

The begginging of the Human-Covenant war did not start a year after it was over. Look over your facts.

> > The very beginning of a Forward Unto Dawn episode takes place sometime between 2553-2557. This follows Cortana’s decent into rampancy.
> >
> >
> > It then cuts to Corbulo Academy, a place for UNSC leader’s children to train to fight the Insurrection, in 2556. The story follows Cadet Thomas Lasky, who is a young soldier struggling with personal issues. Then the Covenant attack the planet, and it follows Lasky as he is inspired by Master Chief’s actions.
> >
> >
> >
> > Lasky is a commander in Halo 4, 20+ years later.
>
> Halo 4 takes place in 2556. One does not simply age 20 years older in a matter of seconds.
>
> The begginging of the Human-Covenant war did not start a year after it was over. Look over your facts.

Couldn’t you just assume that was a typo? He clearly meant 2526, don’t be such a wugglebinny

> > The very beginning of a Forward Unto Dawn episode takes place sometime between 2553-2557. This follows Cortana’s decent into rampancy.
> >
> >
> > It then cuts to Corbulo Academy, a place for UNSC leader’s children to train to fight the Insurrection, in 2556. The story follows Cadet Thomas Lasky, who is a young soldier struggling with personal issues. Then the Covenant attack the planet, and it follows Lasky as he is inspired by Master Chief’s actions.
> >
> >
> >
>
> Halo 4 takes place in 2556. One does not simply age 20 years older in a matter of seconds.
>
> The begginging of the Human-Covenant war did not start a year after it was over. Look over your facts.

-_-

Typo. Thanks for pointing out my typo in a nice and logical fashion, without automatically assuming I don’t know the Halo lore /sarcasm.

If its the first time they see elites, covies…when do you think its happening -__-

> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
>

You should look over yours first, Halo 4 takes place in 2557, 4 years 7 months and 10 days after the end of Halo 3 in March of 2553.

Lasky is 46 in Halo 4, same with John, so yes JSA’s information was clearly correct, and you clearly knew his 2556 was a typo, meant to be 2526 shouldnt lash at him for that.

> > > The very beginning of a Forward Unto Dawn episode takes place sometime between 2553-2557. This follows Cortana’s decent into rampancy.
> > >
> > >
> > > It then cuts to Corbulo Academy, a place for UNSC leader’s children to train to fight the Insurrection, in 2556. The story follows Cadet Thomas Lasky, who is a young soldier struggling with personal issues. Then the Covenant attack the planet, and it follows Lasky as he is inspired by Master Chief’s actions.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Lasky is a commander in Halo 4, 20+ years later.
> >
> > Halo 4 takes place in 2556. One does not simply age 20 years older in a matter of seconds.
> >
> > The begginging of the Human-Covenant war did not start a year after it was over. Look over your facts.
>
> You should look over yours first, Halo 4 takes place in 2557, 4 years 7 months and 10 days after the end of Halo 3 in March of 2553.
>
> Lasky is 46 in Halo 4, same with John, so yes JSA’s information was clearly correct.

Actually, it was a typo. I meant 2526.

But in a way it can be correct because the first episode cuts to old Lasky’s face listening to the beacon, which would be near 2556. :smiley:

But it was a typo, I was referring to cutting to the actual academy in Forward Unto Dawn.

> > So this is when the Covenant is still together along with the prophets. And the MC has Halo 4 style armor and the Elites also have the Halo 4 style armor so this is what lead me to be confused. I thought because of the MC’s armor that it took place alongside Halo 4 but thank you for clearing this up.
>
> Actually, the Chief’s armor in Forward Unto Dawn is a stylized version of the Mk IV armor, first seen in Halo Legends: The Package. It looks similar to Mk VI in some ways.

According to Kevin Grace, it’s not even stylized, it’s a full on canon variant of Mjolnir Mk. IV. GrimBother One got to talk to Mr. Grace on the set of Forward Unto Dawn, and according to Mr. Grace, the varient seen in the Package and Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn are now canon.

I know :P, but he clearly understood it to be a typo by you, yet he still chose to lash out, what a strange creature.

> > > So this is when the Covenant is still together along with the prophets. And the MC has Halo 4 style armor and the Elites also have the Halo 4 style armor so this is what lead me to be confused. I thought because of the MC’s armor that it took place alongside Halo 4 but thank you for clearing this up.
> >
> > Actually, the Chief’s armor in Forward Unto Dawn is a stylized version of the Mk IV armor, first seen in Halo Legends: The Package. It looks similar to Mk VI in some ways.
>
> According to Kevin Grace, it’s not even stylized, it’s a full on canon variant of Mjolnir Mk. IV. GrimBother One got to talk to Mr. Grace on the set of Forward Unto Dawn, and according to Mr. Grace, the varient seen in the Package and Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn are now canon.

I suppose it could be worked into Canon in some ways, I guess they could always just say it was meant to be unique to John, at this point in time, or a different variant of armor that he wore in different situations but eh. The styling is pretty well done, and it may of just been simpler than remaking the Halo War’s style variants, or it simply fits better artistically to how Mjolnir evolved in 343i’s eyes, either works I suppose.

Still enjoying the series however, loving that we finally get a peek at what Live Action could be for Halo.

> If its the first time they see elites, covies…when do you think its happening -__-

Thanks for the input and I clearly had no idea that’s why I was asking. >.>

> > > > So this is when the Covenant is still together along with the prophets. And the MC has Halo 4 style armor and the Elites also have the Halo 4 style armor so this is what lead me to be confused. I thought because of the MC’s armor that it took place alongside Halo 4 but thank you for clearing this up.
> > >
> > > Actually, the Chief’s armor in Forward Unto Dawn is a stylized version of the Mk IV armor, first seen in Halo Legends: The Package. It looks similar to Mk VI in some ways.
> >
> > According to Kevin Grace, it’s not even stylized, it’s a full on canon variant of Mjolnir Mk. IV. GrimBother One got to talk to Mr. Grace on the set of Forward Unto Dawn, and according to Mr. Grace, the varient seen in the Package and Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn are now canon.
>
> I suppose it could be worked into Canon in some ways, I guess they could always just say it was meant to be unique to John, at this point in time, or a different variant of armor that he wore in different situations but eh. The styling is pretty well done, and it may of just been simpler than remaking the Halo War’s style variants, or it simply fits better artistically to how Mjolnir evolved in 343i’s eyes, either works I suppose.
>
> Still enjoying the series however, loving that we finally get a peek at what Live Action could be for Halo.

The problem is timeline and budget. Timeline wise, the Scanned trailer and the Fall of Reach comics show the Chief and other Spartans in Halo-Wars style Mjolnir armor.

Budget wise, this is a whole new suit, not just some extra variant. What happened to a single suit costing more than a UNSC destroyer?