Forums too salty...

So I get that everything in halo 5 needs to be scrutinized so that changes can be made to improve it, but then there are people claiming that anyone who likes this game has betrayed halo and is an arrogant ****boy, mayhaps we should untwist our -Yoink!- and understand that people have differing opinions? Personally i’ve been worried for this game for awhile and doubt it’s going to be as good as earlier halo’s but can you atleast understand that not everyone is going to think this way?

THANK YOU! I hate how people expect games to be identical…That would be stupid… This is a great continuation, and change of pace, that Halo needed after MCC and all of it’s bugs…

Amen to that! We can all have opinions without the “salty” as you said.

Halo 5 has flaws.
So did CE
and 2,
and 3
and Reach,
and 4,
and ODST.

343i is very well aware. They are gamers too.
They are having a more difficult time coping with the flaws than we are. I promise you that.

Personally this is my favorite Halo since Halo 3. I’m half way through the story, and I don’t have any real complaints. About the only thing I could complain about is some texture pop-in and shadows as they appear suddenly as you walk towars them. Everything else has been great to me.

I think the probables is people set unreal expectations from the start, or already wanted the game to fail before it came out. Now that it is out they all go on rants, and complain about how it wasn’t what thypey expected/wanted as they try to support the feelings they had before the game.

Great thread, I concur.

> 2535414084420850;2:
> THANK YOU! I hate how people expect games to be identical…That would be stupid… This is a great continuation, and change of pace, that Halo needed after MCC and all of it’s bugs…

This.

Was pretty skeptical of Halo 5 after seeing the hype train for Destiny crash and burn along with my expectations of the game.

So far I have loved every minute I’ve been playing in Halo 5. This is the Halo I’ve been dreaming of since Halo 1

People are just so quick to complain it’s sad… to me it’s clear gamers are getting so lazy that if they aren’t good at a game when they first start playing they instantly hate it. They don’t want to put any work in to be good or to understand how to play. Players have to realize very Halo ever made has changes to get used to. Which I love because then it’s something a little different and you have to learn new skills, tactics and techniques. I just laugh at the people that are all like ewww this ain’t Halo I am selling my Xbox booo hoo… blah blah blah… I am loving Halo 5 it is just epicness so far IMO and I haven’t even touched the multiplayer yet.

Hey, finally a thread not generated around pointless complaining (and I’m not referring to actual critique). H5 isn’t perfect, but I’m having a lot of fun in it so far. I get it if this isn’t the game for you, but why sit here and let it drive you insane? Move on if you’re sure it’s not a game you like.
For me, I’ll be right here.

> 2533274804807077;4:
> Halo 5 has flaws.
> So did CE
> and 2,
> and 3
> and Reach,
> and 4,
> and ODST.
>
> 343i is very well aware. They are gamers too.
> They are having a more difficult time coping with the flaws than we are. I promise you that.

So true!

I like what you said OP. Its overly salty right now. People are being quite extreme at the moment. If they felt as bad as they say, why would they be on the forums in the first place? I laugh when I see the “I’m done with Halo” posts because they aren’t done with Halo if they are here :slight_smile:

I had fun. The story was an awesome twist even if it hurts my feels. It was short and I’d love more character development and more story-oriented gameplay after the campaign, but overall the game is a welcomed addition to the universe. I hope to play this one as long as I played the original trilogy.

Everyone that has their hate on will filter out soon and the community will thrive after. Just like flushing your body with water, the salt will come out in time!

It’s no different than the quick criticism of halo 2 with the arbiter taking some of the spotlight. Now years later almost the entire community acclaims it was the best halo ever.

I can’t help thinking the saltiest complainers on these forums are nothing more than a very vocal MINORITY. Probably very salty about everything in life and aren’t happy with very much. And it bothers them that most of the community is absolutely loving the game and the way it plays. Of course it has flaws, everything does. The good thing about gaming these days is that some things are fixable.

every game has flaws i think halo 5 turned out rather good, few issues nothing major in my books(other than no vote system)

> 2556731038472681;15:
> I can’t help thinking the saltiest complainers on these forums are nothing more than a very vocal MINORITY.

Part of that reason is that those of us really enjoying the game are mostly busy playing it. Haha

Halo 4 was my favorite Halo game since 3. Though I have enjoyed every single Halo game and Halo 5 is amazing in my opinion.

The salt would be sad if so much of it wasn’t so comical. For example, who buys this game, gets it home, and then goes ballistic because they’re finding out only now that it doesn’t have split screen? And then goes on the forums to rant about the lack of split screen? I’m pretty sure I remember this controversy blossoming into Congressional hearings last spring and these clowns are behaving as if 343 made it some kind of industrial secret in order to cheat people into buying a game they wouldn’t otherwise have bought. Ludicrous.

> 2535455451217423;17:
> > 2556731038472681;15:
> > I can’t help thinking the saltiest complainers on these forums are nothing more than a very vocal MINORITY.
>
>
> Part of that reason is that those of us really enjoying the game are mostly busy playing it. Haha

YES!! You’re absolutely right. I forgot to add that.
Only reason i’m here right now is because I’m at work lol.