Forums Overrun by Reach

I think we also all knew this was going to be an issue. But now with the launch of the latest map pack and the future takeover of Reach these 343i/Halo Waypoint forums are filling up with Reach topics, over running the other games like Halo Wars.

We are dedicated community of RTS players on the biggest RTS game for consoles this generation, normally 40,000+ still playing daily. The current forum layout/structure is not working. You provide us with the option to categorize posts but no where do I see the ability for us to filter a view down to a category. It is hard coming here as a Halo Wars user/player and trying to get information about the game and the community as all I can see is Reach threads.

As a Halo Wars regular player and community member (pretty sure the rest of the HW community here on Waypoint will back this), I/We demand that a review of the structure of these forums takes place.

I can think of a number of layouts structures that would alleviate our issues. We don’t need Campaign/Multiplayer forums just 1 forum where it’s easy to read information about the game we enjoy. Thank you.

1. By genre

General
…General Discussion
…Fiction
Shooters
…Campaign
…Multiplayer
…Forge
Real Time Strategy

1. By game

General
…General Discussion
…Fiction
Halo CE
Halo 2
…Campaign
…Multiplayer
Halo 3
…Campaign
…Multiplayer
…Forge
Halo Wars
Halo Reach
…Campaign
…Multiplayer
…Forge

P.S. Where is the patch?

P.P.S WHERE IS THE PATCH???

I haven’t played Wars in awhile, but I can see your point, Wars needs it’s own forum, listed somewhere with games, much like Forge/Multiplayer/Campaign.

40,000 daily!!! when i stopped playin HW it was at 5000 daily…

Do people play the DLCs now?

> 40,000 daily!!! when i stopped playin HW it was at 5000 daily…
>
> Do people play the DLCs now?

Well I can not say I have played Halo Wars as I am nto good with RTS’s and I know I will not get the game complete 100% achievement wise, however I do agree you guys should have a category so you can discuss Halo Wars without having Reach Posts burying your threads.

I am hoping for several improvements to these Forums. I have absolutely no problem with what you want. I can see how it would be frustrating. I would also like them to not show the last post for each section. People tend to only look at that one post instead of going into General Discussion, MP, Etc.

> 40,000 daily!!! when i stopped playin HW it was at 5000 daily…
>
> Do people play the DLCs now?

I think he meant within the span of 24 hours where as you’re thinking at any given time of the day. You can see on the Halo Wars site that a little over 40,000 plays get on Halo Wars a day. And yeah, at any given time of the day on average there are only about five thousand or so playing.

And the dlc isn’t that popular. At it’s hight you’re lucky to see around 15 players in 1v1 keepaway. Not that thats bad, the dlc is a rip off.

Although i dont play Halo Wars so much anymore i see the need for such an option for those that do so i support your cause with this post :slight_smile: lol

I agree completely, each game should have its own section.

There used to be a the filter to show the threads for games that you want to see… I don’t know where it went to. Meh, beta sites are fun. :slight_smile:

Until that comes back, yes, I agree that the forums should be broken up into games. At least the sub-forums.

The Forums being overrun by Reach/no filter for games is all apart of the obvious conspiracy of 343i to slowly pull any and all support out from under Halo Wars.

TO EVERY PERSON WHO STILL CARES ABOUT HALO WARS

Please go to this thread: http://halo.xbox.com/forums/games/f/7/t/4071.aspx

We, the community of Halo Wars, are severely mistreated. 343 has no shown no intention of catering to the most basic and fundamental support issues Halo Wars is facing. Go to the thread and support it, and hopefully we can get ANY ANSWER AT ALL, GOOD OR BAD. It is not that we are getting answers we dont want, WE ARE GETTING NO ANSWERS AT ALL. 343 IS IGNORING THE HALO WARS COMMUNITY.

> I agree completely, each game should have its own section.

Yes it defitnitly does.

come on 343i dont act like this. Its not going to do you any good for the future. Take a look at the others that take the attitude you have recent, Bungie and Windows Phone come to mind. Both loved previously by their communites are now bitterly hated. Don’t shoot yourselves in the foot. Communicate at least even if it does not provide what we want, at least you interact with us so we know someone is there listening and hopefully caring. Cone of silence is hurting you very badly.

Yes.

As there are basically only 2 Halo Wars threads struggling to stay afloat in the sea of Reach, the OP’s idea is nothing short of common sense.

At first I thought the other post was deleted, but it was pushed all the way to the third page…

halo wars needs it’s own fourm section ok ok, in the spirit of fairness give each game its own fourm section. but please 343 it’s not only difficult to find Halo wars posts, but annoying siftling though the endless reems of Halo reach crap >.<

> > 40,000 daily!!! when i stopped playin HW it was at 5000 daily…
> >
> > Do people play the DLCs now?
>
> I think he meant within the span of 24 hours where as you’re thinking at any given time of the day. You can see on the Halo Wars site that a little over 40,000 plays get on Halo Wars a day. And yeah, at any given time of the day on average there are only about five thousand or so playing.
>
> And the dlc isn’t that popular. At it’s hight you’re lucky to see around 15 players in 1v1 keepaway. Not that thats bad, the dlc is a rip off.

Plenty play the DLC maps, not the gametypes.
WE NEED A FORUM. FFS, just reopen halowars.com for posting…

> > > 40,000 daily!!! when i stopped playin HW it was at 5000 daily…
> > >
> > > Do people play the DLCs now?
> >
> > I think he meant within the span of 24 hours where as you’re thinking at any given time of the day. You can see on the Halo Wars site that a little over 40,000 plays get on Halo Wars a day. And yeah, at any given time of the day on average there are only about five thousand or so playing.
> >
> > And the dlc isn’t that popular. At it’s hight you’re lucky to see around 15 players in 1v1 keepaway. Not that thats bad, the dlc is a rip off.
>
> Plenty play the DLC maps, not the gametypes.
> WE NEED A FORUM. FFS, just reopen halowars.com for posting…

That’s because the new game types arn’t all the good in all fairness, Reinforcements was good but tug of war, Keep way? Keep way basically turns into whoever’s lucky enough to have units right by where the flag spawns. I Actually found it easier to simply attack the enemy bases and wipe 'em out rather than compete for flags. And I never saw the point in Tug of war…Takes too long.

> …Forge
> …Forge
> …Forge

Having the same forum twice or more is unnecessary. It would be better to add prefix’s to each forum. Having less packed forums is great, less scrolling, but it would be good to add in some more forums. Not only ones that are needed, but ones that are requested.

Like i said, prefix’s are always great.

Erm you all do realise that this forum is just a beta for the final thing… it does say it next to the forum title…

The transition of all the Halo franchise is still on going, don’t get me wrong I’m still a big Halo Wars player I’m on it probably more than reach, but you need to five 343i time to get everything sorted out.

doesn’t take long to add categories…