Forums English-Only?

Hey, I see that the only allowed language to be spoken in the forums is English. Totally understandable that it will be the most common used on an English-American website.

But where are the people who don’t speak English going to go? Don’t get me wrong, I’m from the UK so English is my native language, but I can’t help but feel for the guys who get their threads locked because they don’t speak English.
Google translate is a poor aid when it comes to having a conversation, or asking a complex question.

I’m just asking so maybe I can feel a little ease? Or maybe someone will find help on this thread - is there a place for non-English speakers to go for help/discussion about Halo?

> Hey, I see that the only allowed language to be spoken in the forums is English. Totally understandable that it will be the most common used on an English-American website.
>
> But where are the people who don’t speak English going to go? Don’t get me wrong, I’m from the UK so English is my native language, but I can’t help but feel for the guys who get their threads locked because they don’t speak English.
> Google translate is a poor aid when it comes to having a conversation, or asking a complex question.
>
> I’m just asking so maybe I can feel a little ease? Or maybe someone will find help on this thread - is there a place for non-English speakers to go for help/discussion about Halo?

Hey Rob, let me give you some clarification. For starters, let me post the text we use when we edit out non English posts as a visual aid.

> This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

We only edit non-English posts out currently because we don’t have moderators that speak all the possible languages that may be used on these forums. Sure there are a few of us like snickerdoodle who speaks french and I speak hebrew, but two moderators can’t be in charge of every single post in another language. It would be rather difficult.

In the second part of the text it says to feel free to repost the topic in English. We welcome everyone and anyone despite what language they speak and while an online translator may not be the best option, we would like everyone to have the chance to be heard. Non-English speakers who want to discuss Halo belong here just as much as an English speaker. All we can really ask of all the other members is to have patience with someone using a translator as well as be tolerant to others.

Long story short, people who speak other languages are always welcome on Waypoint but as of now, we need them to use an online translator. Hopefully this helped out a little bit, if you still have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask as always.

Ah smashing, just always niggled at me. :L

Cheers.

> Ah smashing, just always niggled at me. :L
>
> Cheers.

Understandable. Hopfully one day we will be equiped with enough bilangual mods to be able to support other languages.

How about trilangual moderators!

Community forums. I think Halo Mexico its quite famous, and I guess any spanish speaker would be welcome there.

> How about trilangual moderators!

I do speak 3 languages; spanish, english and basque.

The last one would be extremely useful :stuck_out_tongue:

> I do speak 3 languages; spanish, english and basque.
>
> The last one would be extremely useful :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL! Also, very neat! I speak French and English and can read/write Spanish. :stuck_out_tongue:

> > I do speak 3 languages; spanish, english and basque.
> >
> > The last one would be extremely useful :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> LOL! Also, very neat! I speak French and English and can read/write Spanish. :stuck_out_tongue:

I use to be able to speak spanish pretty well but ever since I stopped learning it, I’ve started to forget it…

> LOL! Also, very neat! I speak French and English and can read/write Spanish. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you!

But I’m afraid I m “cheating” since Spanish and Basque are my native languages :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, great repertory of languages you have!

> I use to be able to speak spanish pretty well but ever since I stopped learning it, I’ve started to forget it…

That has an easy solution:

Add some people from Spain or South America and play with them in spanish. Thats how I mainly get to learn/speak english.

If you’re a cheater so am I. French and English are both of my “mother tongues.” (My mom is French, thus, I am too. :slight_smile: )

> > I do speak 3 languages; spanish, english and basque.
> >
> > The last one would be extremely useful :stuck_out_tongue:
>
> LOL! Also, very neat! I speak French and English <mark>and can read/write Spanish. :P</mark>

Hola!

That’s all I remember after 3 years of Spanish in high school and I live in California. That’s sad.

Me llamo …
De donde es?

That’s all I remember, and probably it’s not even right :slight_smile:

Ah, yes, and this one:

Hay chicas muy guapas!

But I can feature German and Russian, so if anybody needs help… ^^

Have a good time!

Don’t want to seem like I’m being smart but can’t the moderators use Google translate and then edit it in red as mentioned before?

Like use translate until they can work something out with different languages>?