Forum Rank info is misleading

When I looked at the forum ranks i noticed the info is wrong. It says i need 10 to reach the next one, yet, i actually need 25, and it says i can make 100 posts, yet, I’m limited to 5.

Being limited to an amount of posts doesn’t mean you can’t post.

It takes some time to be able to spam like a pro.

It is designated to be this way so new accounts cannot endlessly troll the forums.

Deal with it.

It is because to prevent people from just making spam accounts.Thats also why Recruits cant make shortlinks.

> 2535470813402892;1:
> When I looked at the forum ranks i noticed the info is wrong. It says i need 10 to reach the next one, yet, i actually need 25, and it says i can make 100 posts, yet, I’m limited to 5.

The recruit silver rank isn’t really a thing anymore. You’ll progress directly to recruit gold when you hit the post requirement for that rank. The posting limitations were lowered to deal with some spam issues. I’d suggest you focus on making the most of your five posts. Try to use them to be a constructive and engaging member of the community.

> 2533274880633045;4:
> > 2535470813402892;1:
> > When I looked at the forum ranks i noticed the info is wrong. It says i need 10 to reach the next one, yet, i actually need 25, and it says i can make 100 posts, yet, I’m limited to 5.
>
> The recruit silver rank isn’t really a thing anymore. You’ll progress directly to recruit gold when you hit the post requirement for that rank. The posting limitations were lowered to deal with some spam issues. I’d suggest you focus on making the most of your five posts. Try to use them to be a constructive and engaging member of the community.

So Recruit Silver isn’t a thing anymore? Do you know if one you hit Recruit Gold you still get everything that Recruit Silver had to offer? If not i think that’s kind of a low blow, wouldn’t you agree? But it would make more sense to have the rewards because you are technically skipping a rank. And while we’re on the topic, any chance of you getting ahold of one of the 343i employees to change it?

> 2535416784130131;5:
>
> So Recruit Silver isn’t a thing anymore? Do you know if one you hit Recruit Gold you still get everything that Recruit Silver had to offer?

I believe you get the full post count of gold when that comes.

> 2535416784130131;5:
> \ If not i think that’s kind of a low blow, wouldn’t you agree?

Not really. The ranking system here aside from the full rank benchmarks (links at marine, Sig at Spartan) is pretty meaningless and I tend to be of the opinion that basing it on post count encourages bad behavior and leads to more work for me.

> 2535416784130131;5:
> \ But it would make more sense to have the rewards because you are technically skipping a rank. And while we’re on the topic, any chance of you getting ahold of one of the 343i employees to change it?

They’re aware of the issue. I doubt it’s a high priority since the effect is pretty much negligible.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Well since this IS about forum ranks, I should just post a 5 comments to rank UP

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2535406092118099;7:
> Well since this IS about forum ranks, I should just post a 5 comments to rank UP

Well kinda sux that u need to wait 30secs before posting again but hey I got 2