Forum rank easter egg?

So, I just got a notification from Halo Waypoint stating that after my last message here, my Forum Rank has increased from Marine-Bronze to Marine-Silver.

Okay, so what? Well, I clicked in my profile and it turns out that my current post count is 343/500 (I presume after 500 I’ll be promoted to what’s next after marine).

With this topic it will go to 344, I’m sad I’ll have to ruin this neat easter egg. Well done, Halo Waypoint!

If you post 342,999 more times, you can come full circle with a 343,343 post count. :slight_smile:

There exist another intersting post count which is also a requirement for reaching a specific forum rank and that is 11117 posts for Spartan Onyx in reference to Spartan 117.

This was pretty cool, I recently left bronze as well

This seems like a pretty good place to ask a question that has been on my mind for a while. Has anyone ever seen an account with the Discharged rank next to it indicating that the user has been permanently banned from Waypoint? It’s listed on their ranks page and I’ve personally never seen anyone sporting it, has anyone else?

> 2533275019357130;5:
> This seems like a pretty good place to ask a question that has been on my mind for a while. Has anyone ever seen an account with the Discharged rank next to it indicating that the user has been permanently banned from Waypoint? It’s listed on their ranks page and I’ve personally never seen anyone sporting it, has anyone else?

old but it should answer your question

> Discharged rank isn’t used here, don’t believe that there’s anything to auto-switch ranks on suspension. The Nova account was used during the Halo 4 ARG (along with a few others) :slight_smile:

> 2535424974868674;6:
> > 2533275019357130;5:
> > This seems like a pretty good place to ask a question that has been on my mind for a while. Has anyone ever seen an account with the Discharged rank next to it indicating that the user has been permanently banned from Waypoint? It’s listed on their ranks page and I’ve personally never seen anyone sporting it, has anyone else?
>
> old but it should answer your question
>
> > Discharged rank isn’t used here, don’t believe that there’s anything to auto-switch ranks on suspension. The Nova account was used during the Halo 4 ARG (along with a few others) :slight_smile:

Thanks for that. They should really update that page then for clarity by either removing it or creating a discontinued section.