Forum is not very clear, ideas get lost

I feel like important and good ideas players may express in the Waypoint forums often just get lost because there are just too many topics created all the time, and the threads are only listed by their date of creation.

I would prefer a system that sorts threads like this: the topics that are recently discussed remain at the top of the list, while threads with few replies move down the list. This way, the topic that received a reply most recently would always be shown at the top of the site so that everyone can see it. The opening post would also count as a reply, so new topics would not get lost either way.

Also it should be possible to mark new threads with certain icons like a lamp for “idea” or something to indicate that there is a poll.

How do you feel about this?

> I would prefer a system that sorts threads like this: the topics that are recently discussed remain at the top of the list, while threads with few replies move down the list. This way, the topic that received a reply most recently would always be shown at the top of the site so that everyone can see it. The opening post would also count as a reply, so new topics would not get lost either way.

That’s actually how it works already. Unless there’s some weird view options that I haven’t found yet? :\

And polls do have an icon – a check-mark.

Maybe it is, but still many important things just get lost between other posts, some of which are crap. For example, how needs a thread like this one, taken form the Matchmaking forums:

> I just JIP a game of Dominion with 0 seconds left. -.- Instant loss.

Actually that’s all the poster wrote when starting the topic.

This just makes for good ideas, which are never going to be read by anybody except maybe four or five people because they have already moved to page 4 or 5 the day after the thread has been created…

There should be some system, allowing the original poster to define, if he actually has something to say, or if he justs wants to chat a little.

> There should be some system, allowing the original poster to define, if he actually has something to say, or if he justs wants to chat a little.

If it’s set up like that, nothing would change. The OP would just select that they “have something to say” instead of admitting that they are posting spam.

I don’t exactly have any light bulbs above my head for this but I definitely agree that many, many, bright ideas get inevitably shoved under the carpet indirectly with the way that the forums are set up. Maybe they could try allowing users to see a larger amount of topics before having to click next page?

Great Idea! At least that would make it easier to see more things at first glance.

I think adding sub categories under the Halo 4 forum would help… so when you clicked on it you would see options to post under

General Discussions
Matchmaking
Campaign
Spartan Ops
Suggestions

or something like that