Forum groups/private groups

I have not seen any information regarding implementation of private forums/groups. Is that on the horizon, or are we on our own?

Forum software doesn’t support groups, sorry. :frowning:

> Forum software doesn’t support groups, sorry. :frowning:

Very sad. I am an Ancient Warrior, and would have loved to seen groups like ours embraced by 343.

> > Forum software doesn’t support groups, sorry. :frowning:
>
> Very sad. I am an Ancient Warrior, and would have loved to seen groups like ours embraced by 343.

The only way I can see that happening is if 343i uses a different forum software that supports groups. But since we’re still putting up with bugs from the move from Beta to the current software, I don’t think we will see such an update any time soon.

Also, it’s not that 343i isn’t embracing you guys, it’s more of the forum software is very limited, and their site is still new, and it will take some time before it’ll be any where close to what Bungie’s web site was. All we can do is help 343i out by suggesting things to add to our wish list of features, and point out bugs and glitches. And maybe in a very short time before Halo 5 we will see the site put Bungie’s site to shame.

Just to add on, Bungie’s forum software is there own custom made one, I don’t know of a popular forum software that has a group system like Bungie.net.

> > Forum software doesn’t support groups, sorry. :frowning:
>
> Very sad. I am an Ancient Warrior, and would have loved to seen groups like ours embraced by 343.

I’m also extremely sad. I loved the Bungie groups, but hopefully sometime in the near future we can see some new implementations right? One can only hope.

> Just to add on, Bungie’s forum software is there own custom made one, I don’t know of a popular forum software that has a group system like Bungie.net.

Yeah same here.

> I don’t know of a popular forum software that has a group system like Bungie.net.

BioWare Social Network has a group system like Bungie’s It’s not exactly the same set up. But in a way it’s similar.

I’m the founder of the private group Midland Base. We just celebrated our 2nd anniversary, and are currently in our third year - I have a little experience here :slight_smile:

Bungie’s forum code is hand coded by them. No idea why 343I can’t do the same - they’re supposed to be programmers too.

Those of you running groups / clans or thinking of starting one aren’t on your own per se and you’re certainly not stuck on B.Net either.

There are alternatives:

Enjin Easy set up and does have a free plan

ZowneD Easy set up, plus forums right at hand to recruit

There are others out there too.

If you really want your group to stand out Enjin is probably best, because you can buy your group / clan name from GoDaddy as a .com .net .whatever you want and make the URL to your Enjin site the URL you bought from GoDaddy.

Also, you have more autonomy and freedom being in your own third party forum that you own, and not a free one hosted by the developer. Enjin’s ToS and CoC allow us to pretty much do whatever we want within reason and common sense standards of civility and decency. Being on your own forum gets you ranked higher in Google searches too.

I was shocked to see 343I didn’t have this already planned out and coded. You’d think five years would be plenty of time to get it figured out and deployed.