Forum Game

This is a little idea I just had to help boost social experiences, but wouldn’t it be cool to increase community activity online via topic discussion? It’d be neat to compete on the Halo forums with something that includes req or credit system used in Halo. Suppose, for example, a forum game that gives you time to develop as a member and participate not only socially, but competitively with members in a way that promotes developing ones own idea about player story.

If you love games then you know there are many people who are working hard to make the dreams of gamers come to life. So why not create something everyone can enjoy by joining the community lore with the franchise by leaving a comment below whether you have something you feel needs fixing or you think could be implemented further. Links are welcome! Would like to read more about anything you would like to discuss on the subject.

Peace.

//Update

[12/15/15] - 9:21 a.m.

If you know community members who are looking for a place to start let us know so we can share some ideas. The paragraphs above are only a basic concept of what is needed to make our ideas a reality. If you care and want to connect PM me and I will post a link of your gamertag on the main thread so we can make a list to start a friend list. If you like.

[Community Member List]

Can you elaborate further? Like a Mini Game (Web based?) Hard to do that inside of Forums.

This is a good ideal. Especially for those that are heavy into the books, comics, etc… of the Halo series.

I’ve been thinking about making a social/co-op gaming community. Starting with a Facebook Group/Page and if it goes well, I’d create a website, maybe a forums, etc…

Mostly for people who like to game/stream together and also discus fan fiction, the lore, etc… of different games. Mostly though, as a co-op/social gaming experience.

> 2690096563135647;2:
> Can you elaborate further? Like a Mini Game (Web based?) Hard to do that inside of Forums.

Yes absolutely! It might not be as hard, technically, but if we work together we might just be able to raise the bar for everyone trying to come up with a strategy for gamers struggling to see the idea of helping one another through social interactivity using their story and skill to drive the community forward, such as, team oriented goals and putting ourselves ahead with story. Every player needs to get time to grow. Why not, give the community the tools to inject there own way to create experiences. If you would like to discuss a portion of this with others, please do. We are going to need all the help we can to make our dreams come together so other players can see also. Hope this helps!

> 2533274802932721;3:
> This is a good ideal. Especially for those that are heavy into the books, comics, etc… of the Halo series.
>
> I’ve been thinking about making a social/co-op gaming community. Starting with a Facebook Group/Page and if it goes well, I’d create a website, maybe a forums, etc…
>
> Mostly for people who like to game/stream together and also discus fan fiction, the lore, etc… of different games. Mostly though, as a co-op/social gaming experience.

Do you need help voicing your ideas? Maybe I can help. I am starting to make friends who share similar ideas like the one you are taliking about. I know someone with a page who is working to get players who are looking to make good connections and talk about helping members of the Halo community. If you like I can talk to them and help you get your voice heard. PM me and we can talk more if you are interested. :smiley:

> 2533274802932721;3:
> This is a good ideal. Especially for those that are heavy into the books, comics, etc… of the Halo series.
>
> I’ve been thinking about making a social/co-op gaming community. Starting with a Facebook Group/Page and if it goes well, I’d create a website, maybe a forums, etc…
>
> Mostly for people who like to game/stream together and also discus fan fiction, the lore, etc… of different games. Mostly though, as a co-op/social gaming experience.

Make the website first, face books groups suck before there’s so many distractions around what you post and websites and software is REALLY cheap these days.m

> 2745051201462131;6:
> > 2533274802932721;3:
> > This is a good ideal. Especially for those that are heavy into the books, comics, etc… of the Halo series.
> >
> > I’ve been thinking about making a social/co-op gaming community. Starting with a Facebook Group/Page and if it goes well, I’d create a website, maybe a forums, etc…
> >
> > Mostly for people who like to game/stream together and also discus fan fiction, the lore, etc… of different games. Mostly though, as a co-op/social gaming experience.
>
>
> Make the website first, face books groups suck before there’s so many distractions around what you post and websites and software is REALLY cheap these days.m

Good to know Traxoline! If you do not know there are people who have created content, but need more involvement from community. If you know of friends who are looking to help, please say, there are still fans who need more time to get involved. If you have resources we could use, post or share them if you don’t care to. Thanks!

> 2535421339318024;5:
> > 2533274802932721;3:
> > This is a good ideal. Especially for those that are heavy into the books, comics, etc… of the Halo series.
> >
> > I’ve been thinking about making a social/co-op gaming community. Starting with a Facebook Group/Page and if it goes well, I’d create a website, maybe a forums, etc…
> >
> > Mostly for people who like to game/stream together and also discus fan fiction, the lore, etc… of different games. Mostly though, as a co-op/social gaming experience.
>
>
> Do you need help voicing your ideas? Maybe I can help. I am starting to make friends who share similar ideas like the one you are taliking about. I know someone with a page who is working to get players who are looking to make good connections and talk about helping members of the Halo community. If you like I can talk to them and help you get your voice heard. PM me and we can talk more if you are interested. :smiley:

Right now I am trying to think of a name for the group. haha. But all ideals are always welcome. I spoke with one of the members of This Xbox Live on Twitch.

If I were to make the group, I would cover both Playstation and Xbox. And to start, it would be co-op for people wanting to play games and do campaign runs, play horde/survival modes, and mess around playing some Halo, Gears of War, Last Of Us, etc…

Would make a social group on twitter, facebook, etc… for everyone to keep in touch, etc…

> 2745051201462131;6:
> > 2533274802932721;3:
> >
> >
>
>
> Make the website first, face books groups suck before there’s so many distractions around what you post and websites and software is REALLY cheap these days.m

As far as the website goes, I already have a few that I have created. That would be the easy part. Now, since I do the coding myself, it wouldn’t have anything to flashy like popups, notifications, etc… For that I would rely on the other social services. I would mainly utilize XBL and PSN for that. If all goes will, I would eventually start streaming, which I’ve thought about for a long time now.

But before I even get started, I just want to make sure it’s something that people would care to participate.