Forum Game Night November 5th - Post-Carnage Report Thread

So, our second Forum Game Night was held tonight, with a far greater participation than last time. We had a full lobby nearly from the get-go, and while players came and went, the number of players did not drop below ten for more than two hours of play. A few players got their maps and gametypes tried out, and a lot of them were great. We had a few returning maps from our previous engagement, such as the now infamous Perception, but the majority were fresh, new maps, and some of those will likelly be revisited for our next game night.

The gamenight went a lot smoother than the first, but there is always room for improvement. So what I want from you, the ones that participated in this gamenight, is a small paragraph on your experience with this gamenight, and some constructive criticism. You can also submit some constructive suggestions for our next gamenight, if you want to.

Feel free to post all the screenshots you’d like :slight_smile:

The information and screenshots drawn from this thread will be made into a Carnage Report which bs angel will post on the blog on the main site :wink:

As last time, a great thanks to everyone for participating, and a special thanks to Ninja Orca for hosting the game, maintaining the thread, and finding maps and gametypes, and another thanks to the ever-funny bs angel for spending some of her working hours playing with us.

I had a great time, and I look forward to playing with you guys again! :slight_smile:

I wanna go out and Forge an Invasion Perception variant someday now…
“The enemy’s gate is down!”

That was fun boys and girls. How often do these forum nights take place?

@Big Team Butch- That was only our second one, haha. We’re still ironing out the kinks of how they work to be honest.

And I have screenshots!

Well Howdy There

Now I Will Be Number One

A Swarm

Coming In Hot

To Dream A Little Bigger

I would love to see a regular day and time for these events. Perhaps every Friday since that’s what we’ve been doing? I think having a set schedule for them will be a great thing for all of us to count on. As we continue to grow, it may be worth setting up different times to cater to various time zones. Perhaps someone overseas can take on another group? We can also consider themes. Racing nights, Grifball nights, Try Out Everybody’s Maps nights, etc.

I think perhaps setting the party to invite only would be beneficial as well. That way the people who signed up get the invites first instead of the room filling up with people from our various friends lists.

I’m excited about the potential screenshots and write-ups. Can’t wait to see what all of you come up with!

Well, I have only done one panorama so far. I’m trying to do 2 for each game I played and also at least one 360º view as well.

But what I have so far is:

Ninja Orca! Behind you!
Just for fun I did this one also: Player names
And there is this full 360º panorama (vertical and horizontal) of this scene as well. Click me for the awesome.

And since I did horrible the first match (at least), this picture seems to fit how I was playing: oh jeez

I do have one more panorama to put together for this map. I just haven’t started the download process yet to begin. Once I get it done, I will post it up.

Feel free to use the pics and share them. :slight_smile:

The FGD was a blast. I had a lot of fun with you guys and I was very glad to be apart of this. If I annoyed any of you, I’m sorry when I get excited and nervous I try to cover it with humor and I accidently rudely interupted some of you and kind of some what went a little crazy. I’m always up for another one!

Here is a thread of a bunch of pictures I took: LINK

Okey dokey, I have two more panoramas (unaltered 'cept to make into a panorama)
Ride of the Banshees
Partisan VII “ship”

Bungie fileshare:
Hi Mom!

I have a 180º panorama of the ship I will put together soon.
Enjoy. :slight_smile:

> I would love to see a regular day and time for these events. Perhaps every Friday since that’s what we’ve been doing? I think having a set schedule for them will be a great thing for all of us to count on. As we continue to grow, it may be worth setting up different times to cater to various time zones. Perhaps someone overseas can take on another group? We can also consider themes. Racing nights, Grifball nights, Try Out Everybody’s Maps nights, etc.
>
> I think perhaps setting the party to invite only would be beneficial as well. That way the people who signed up get the invites first instead of the room filling up with people from our various friends lists.
>
> I’m excited about the potential screenshots and write-ups. Can’t wait to see what all of you come up with!

I’ve been thinking about European gamenights as well, but I don’t think that there are that many European players in the forum yet. I’ll gladly host one, if there’s enough players.

Until we get the kinks sorted out, and stuff like that, we might not want to have them as often as every Friday. Perhaps every second?

And I completely agree with the invite only suggestion. This is supposed to be a game night for the forum community, after all :slight_smile:

To everyone that has posted pics elsewhere: please submit them in this thread. That way, I don’t have to look through multiple threads for pics and responses when I’m creating the carnage report.

Jess, I’ll have the report done by early next week, if that’s ok?

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9176051&player=SPECTER6690

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9176087&player=SPECTER6690

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9176089&player=SPECTER6690

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9176104&player=SPECTER6690

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9176109&player=SPECTER6690

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9176106&player=SPECTER6690

Here are the pictures of The Forum game day.

First Match

Dog Fights

Brace for Carnage!

Vertigo

Warning: Unwanted hitch hikers on approach

Heavy Weapons

Lock your armor spartan!!

Vehicular Skirmish

Black Hawk Down!

End Match!

was that black hawk killed by a tank?

if u look by the rock there is a beat up tank.

Yeah, it was killed by you.

hehe

TANK BEATS EVERYTHING!

nice pic!

> hehe
>
> TANK BEATS EVERYTHING!
>
> nice pic!

Who else but Specter? Specter, Specter Giggity Giggity Goo, let’s have… Never mind. Thanks for the feed back though, your pics were awesome as well.

?

If there’s a few particular incidents that you enjoyed last night, please share them in as much detail as you can, and I’ll add it to the report :slight_smile:

how about when i was saying HEY BUTCH! just before he would be killed by an invisible shotty?

> ?

Not a lot of people understand some of my humor.

no kidding explain plz!