Forum Community and what i think

So i’ve been browsing the Waypoint forum, and i’ve realized theres nothing but bashing and crying, nothing but complaints and whining. I’m here to say the opposite.

343, i think you did ASTOUNDING! From the second i looked at the box, and how unique it was, the inner case, the envelopes, handwritten notes, it was all amazing. I new this game would rock, then i jumped into forge and tested some things out, absolutely everything ran smoothly, i didnt even look at the controller scheme and i knew what every button did after 5 minutes. IT flows so perfectly, its a much higher pace and keeps things new and refreshing. I absolutely love it. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. From the new sounds, to the oh so glorious music. It was been a wonderful experience so far.

Now to address the community, from the complaints ive read here is the facts behind it…

“Grenades not as strong”
To me it sounds like you’ve only played Reach and want the mini-nukes that kill if you’re missing 10% shields, whereas here, the grenades are just like halo 2 and 3! He who said “the grenades are useless” They’re not meant to kill everyone, theyre meant to bank corner, to take shields off, meant for proper placement not throw and pray.

“Matchmaking sucks!”
HAHAHA Matchmaking sucks? Or you are so terrible at the game you blame 343?

“My rank is stuck and bugged!!”
Well, gee, that sucks, but hey, not everything can be perfect, i guarantee 343 will fix it soon. They actually CARE

“I wish bungie made it”
Yeah, cuz they’re last creation Reach was oh so epic right? And they didnt even wanna make any more halo’s after halo 2…

“halo is cod”
Yeah, hence the reason they all die after one shot, headshots dont matter, AR wins all, and a melee insta kills. Uhm… Where’s the CoD again?
Ohhh the kill-cam?? Hmm… CoD didnt do that first, cant be that…
The classes you can make? Wait… we cant start with rockets snipe or shotguns… only rifle’s that take skill… Hmm… Where’s CoD again…?

Point is, i love 343, i love this game, and yes, it may take some getting used to for some, but dont whine about it and cry. Learn, adjust, and get with the times. Halo needed a new direction, and 343 has delivered. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And i’ll see you all at war games training.

The complaints dont let me dowwn.
They get me more excited to play the game and judge by myself :3

They neglected a “Local Only” search function or option. The game will fail outside US within 2 months.

This is entirely what is to be expected from not just a new highly anticipated release but a new game from a new company.

Expect plenty more complaining.

Also, it is important to remember. A lot of people who are enjoying the game won’t bother posting here, you will always here the news that is bad news.

Actually, the Frag Grenades in Reach ARE the ones in Halo 3, just with different physics in terms of “bounce”.

The reason why the grenades were so powerful was because Halo 3 had regenerating health and faster movement speed. Shame that 343 didn’t increase the nade’s fuse in the Reach TU, so we could actually get away from them in time.

… They neglected the option because it’s coded into the game. The game looks for local’s first…

I’ve been part of the halo community for a long time. It happened in the Halo 2 forums, in halo 3, Reach (which was mostly legit complaining lol), and now halo 4

the cycle will continue.

> They neglected a “Local Only” search function or option. The game will fail outside US within 2 months.

I am brazilian with a moderate NAT and still managed to get an ‘Extermination’ in SWAT on Reach so…

Skill > Lag

EDIT: WTF is wrong with the > < ???

> I’ve been part of the halo community for a long time. It happened in the Halo 2 forums, in halo 3, Reach (which was mostly legit complaining lol), and now halo 4
>
> the cycle will continue.

I think it’s funny how people begged for a TU in Reach, and when it came out, people still complained. I mean, for me, TU fixed the majority of the issues I had with Vanilla (except for Frag Grenades), so I was pretty content.

> … They neglected the option because it’s coded into the game. The game looks for local’s first…

Yeah, that’s what they said about MW2, look how that turned out.

Regardless, you’ll not find an Australian who would be content with 5 seconds of lag over none.

hahahahahahahahaha 5 second lag?? LOL exaggeration, and trust me itll be fine

> hahahahahahahahaha 5 second lag?? LOL exaggeration, and trust me itll be fine

Nope. It never is. I just finished a game of Flood. My cause of death was being stabbed after killing the other guy.

i second what the OP said, good job 343!!! the game is great. true im playing on my friends GT and his console because my copy has gotten to me yet T_T (order mine)

but seriously, the game is great and balanced, and most importantly its entertaining. witch is the whole point of a video game; entertainment.

not saying the game doesn’t have bugs, but im betting 343 will fix them after they take a well deserved break, and again great work 343. the halo franchise is in good hands.