Forum Blackouts?

Anyone else experiencing forum blackouts occasionally? I haven’t been able to use waypoints forums all weekend until now.

Hmm? No, I have been able to get on all weekend.

> Anyone else experiencing forum blackouts occasionally? I haven’t been able to use waypoints forums all weekend until now.

What errors are you getting?

> > Anyone else experiencing forum blackouts occasionally? I haven’t been able to use waypoints forums all weekend until now.
>
> What errors are you getting?

A 404 error and a meesage reading I need to be “signed in” to continue.

> > > Anyone else experiencing forum blackouts occasionally? I haven’t been able to use waypoints forums all weekend until now.
> >
> > What errors are you getting?
>
> A 404 error and a meesage reading I need to be “signed in” to continue.

Try clearing your browser cookies when that happens. From what I remember it’s an issue with expiring cookies so doing so should help better your experience here.

(I have to set my browser to not remember any of my Waypoint/Bungie/Xbox sign-in info -since they’re all related - and now I have no issues at all. Even though I do have to sign in every time I view this site.)

I may be experiencing the same problem, sometimes I get to the main page, but cant get into the orums via the buttons. Ive gotten into the habit of going thru (loggin in of course) to xbox.com, then heading to Waypoint. I don’t seem to encouter forum problems using that route.

hmm i think this has happened to me a few times. Usually i get annoyed and turn off my laptop, then later when i get back on it works.

haha, seems to happen to me only after 4pm CST.

and then it happens to me from multiple terminals.

Doesn’t sound like an expiring cookie thing to me!

> > > > Anyone else experiencing forum blackouts occasionally? I haven’t been able to use waypoints forums all weekend until now.
> > >
> > > What errors are you getting?
> >
> > A 404 error and a meesage reading I need to be “signed in” to continue.
>
> Try clearing your browser cookies when that happens. From what I remember it’s an issue with expiring cookies so doing so should help better your experience here.
>
> (I have to set my browser to not remember any of my Waypoint/Bungie/Xbox sign-in info -since they’re all related - and now I have no issues at all. Even though I do have to sign in every time I view this site.)

Thanks for the advice I will try this the next time I have a problem. This has been happening to me quite a bit, and it makes more sense now. I usually have both Waypoint and Bungie up and never really clear out the cookies.

> Thanks for the advice I will try this the next time I have a problem. This has been happening to me quite a bit, and it makes more sense now. I usually have both Waypoint and Bungie up and never really clear out the cookies.

No problem! Let me know if that helps! Hopefully it should!

Log off whatever email account you use to sign in to the forums, and then sign in to the forums. Kind of confusing. Let me give an example:

Im on my hotmail account, and can’t access the forums. I log off my hotmail account, and then I can access the forums. It works for me. It should work for you. Or you can try an alternate route like someone suggested. Or maybe a direct link.

Such as:

http://halo.xbox.com/forums

I just go to xbox.com and then back to the forums if I get an error. That typically fixes the issue for me during this beta period for the forums.

I’ve no problems apart from them being slow on my Windows Phone 7 earlier.

> > Thanks for the advice I will try this the next time I have a problem. This has been happening to me quite a bit, and it makes more sense now. I usually have both Waypoint and Bungie up and never really clear out the cookies.
>
> No problem! Let me know if that helps! Hopefully it should!

Just to let you know I have been trying this and things seem to be working a lot better. It hasn’t happened since.
Thanks again.