Forum activity

Hey everyone.

As you all know, activity is very important for a forum. Bungie used many tecniques to drive people to their website and forum, the most important of thouse I think is the Nameplates.
When people saw these in-game it got their attention and they went to bungie.net to get their profile and nameplate, and in the process they bagan using the forum too.

However if you have looked at the b.net forums recently the chance that you will find interesting and thought full comment to any of the topicks is smal. There are simply too many people, and to few of thouse behaive in a way that is benefitial to a forum.

My concern is that this forum too will get a lot of people who are going to ruin the discussion.

Do you think that this is going to be a problem, and if so what should we do to counter it?

PS. Sorry for my bad english.

I think leading by example is probably the best way to secure a good future for this forum, regardless of the number of members. Though I do see your point. And its no problem about the english. :wink:

Friendly, healthy discussion FTW!

> I think leading by example is probably the best way to secure a good future for this forum, regardless of the number of members.

Your sentiments mirror my own. So, QFT!

> > I think leading by example is probably the best way to secure a good future for this forum, regardless of the number of members.
>
> Your sentiments mirror my own. So, QFT!

I sure will try, I’m just not sure that it will be enougth. And I also tend to get caried away when facing extreme stupidity (like when I argue that AL makes borring gameplay and people then counter argumen that AL is not OP. You can’t have a reasonable discussion when the people discussing don’t understand a simple statement.)

My point is that we should think very carefully when we decide where to get our population from.

I think as you add more people to a conversation you will also add differing opinions. This in and of itself is not problematic. In fact a lot can get accomplished if there is a certain level of respect from all parties involved. I am not here to tell others what to do. What I do however is engage people with respect and civility. If this approach is met with rudeness and mean-spiritedness I leave the conversation or at the very least ignore the person from which the counter productive behavior is coming from. After all you can’t have a flame war by yourself. That’s my two cents anyway.

> > I think leading by example is probably the best way to secure a good future for this forum, regardless of the number of members.
>
> Your sentiments mirror my own. So, QFT!

lol

> Hey everyone.
>
> As you all know, activity is very important for a forum. Bungie used many tecniques to drive people to their website and forum, the most important of thouse I think is the Nameplates.
> When people saw these in-game it got their attention and they went to bungie.net to get their profile and nameplate, and in the process they bagan using the forum too.
>
> However if you have looked at the b.net forums recently the chance that you will find interesting and thought full comment to any of the topicks is smal. There are simply too many people, and to few of thouse behaive in a way that is benefitial to a forum.
>
> My concern is that this forum too will get a lot of people who are going to ruin the discussion.
>
>
>
> Do you think that this is going to be a problem, and if so what should we do to counter it?
>
> PS. Sorry for my bad english.

It is a undeniable fact this will happen. It is only a matter of time. :frowning:

I think this community will be just fine when the floodgates open. We have a lot of active administration, and I’m sure there will be more than enough moderators when the time comes. As long as all of the people who are here now keep up the friendly and helpful vibe, people should get the hint that bad attitudes and hostile behavior won’t fly. I’ve been in my share of leadership positions, and the only advice I can give to everyone is that the faster you report and ignore trolls or unnecessary conduct, the faster it will be deleted or bumped out of sight. If you feel yourself getting heated about a certain subject some one is posting, take a deep breath and remember, people think differently, and it’s just the internet.

I agree. It’s still in Beta, so maybe they’ll have a nice gift in store for us when it’s really done. :wink:

Here’s to hoping.