Forrunner vision sounds...

Absolutely useless. I am all for AA’s. I enjoyed them in reach ( except armor lock. ) but honestly I don’t see how FV will be useful at all. I mean people can hear you using it, the visual is delayed, and the image is “shimmery”. Maybe I’ll have to use it to understand it, but as of now it sounds extremely ineffective.

I think you’ll be able to ‘kinda’ see people through thin, close-range walls, so I’ll just take something more fun. Sad how AL isn’t in HALO 4 though…

It’s for new players. Experienced players will chose something else.

> It’s for new players. Experienced players will chose something else.

Yeah but it still sounds like it would give anyone using it a disadvantage.

[deleted]

> > > It’s for new players. Experienced players will chose something else.
> >
> > Yeah but it still sounds like it would give anyone using it a disadvantage.
>
> Do we know if it’s constantly on or if it is activated? If the latter, the disadvantage will be the opportunity cost of another ability.

I believe it is toggleable, if it was on permanently, it would be horrible underused.

I just hope the sound isn’t annoying to listen to, considering when the game first comes out, a lot will be using it, it will get frustrating.

i agree op but maybe it will work we wont know till it comes out

[deleted]

> > > > > It’s for new players. Experienced players will chose something else.
> > > >
> > > > Yeah but it still sounds like it would give anyone using it a disadvantage.
> > >
> > > Do we know if it’s constantly on or if it is activated? If the latter, the disadvantage will be the opportunity cost of another ability.
> >
> > I believe it is toggleable, if it was on permanently, it would be horrible underused.
> >
> > I just hope the sound isn’t annoying to listen to, considering when the game first comes out, a lot will be using it, it will get frustrating.
>
> While I’m sure 343 is figuring it out, pretty much any sound will become annoying after a while. Unless, it’s this.

In terms of weapon sounds, I have NEVER got bored of that, same goes for certain songs, I just hope it isn’t extremely high pitched or irritating.

I suppose Forerunner Vision may become the new Armour Lock for noobs to use. Liking the idea of when it is used enemies around can hear where it came from.

It’s to help people that haven’t developed a sense of situational awareness within a videogame yet. I also can see how it might have tactical uses in specific gametypes, like if VIP returns. It would be awesome to look through the walls of a base to see how many defenders a VIP had and report the information back to your team on how to proceed :slight_smile:

Also, in the OP you spelled Forerunner wrong in case you care :slight_smile:

> I suppose Forerunner Vision may become the new Armour Lock for noobs to use. Liking the idea of when it is used enemies around can hear where it came from.

I was wondering if using Forerunner Vision will put you on radar, even if you’re motionless. It could cause a lot of problems, being blind for a second (as the sonar goes out) and the enemy seeing your position on radar and they hear you activate the AA. It would give people with good situational awareness a great advantage over people using FV, and yet still provide them with the benefits of FV.

I imagine it would be like Metal Gear Online’s SOP system only it would work on the enemy instead of friendlies. It makes a pinging sort of noise and a wave moves outward, and anything it touches has a sort of residual effect left on them for like a second or so that can be seen through walls.

As for people saying it is for noobs - I think it would be great for anti-camping. Imagine if you were playing… I don’t remember the map but the one with training. Anyways, if someone was hiding in the sword room, you could just ping through the wall and see them hiding, then smoke them out with grenades.

Guys, have any of you played Splinter Cell conviction? Remember in the multiplayer mode they had a radar style item? Well that is exactly what forruner vision is going to act like by the sounds of things. Except for runner wil be in first person and wont go as far as splinter cells.

EDIT: This is what i mean sonar goggles

> It’s for new players. Experienced players will chose something else.

Yep. Exactly like Franky said. And he was right.

Welcome to balancing abilities when they go in a loadout.

This is why they should do away with the idea of AA’s in loadouts, because you have to nerf them to the point where it is just a worthless mechanic.

I believe Forerunner/Promethean Vison will be like Geth Hunter Mode from Mass Effect 3’s multi-player.

Its called promethean vison now… which hints something big… hmmm