Forging on Highlands

Meh.

I kid. Forging on Highlands may not be as spectacular as Forge World, but it definitely beats the majority of the default maps. I think Highlands’ most amazing characteristic in terms of forge is its 50 crates! We only got 12 with Forge World. There’s even the large crates as seen in Boardwalk and Halo 3’s Avalanche (the single boxes, closed). Unfortunately one thing I hated about the crates was they can’t be phased into the map geometry. I have an idea for an invasion map, but I’m stuck using the archaic Halo 3 methods of geomerging to put these crates into the ground.

Highlands is an awesome map, I just hope we don’t go backwards in terms of forging capabilities. Phased and Fixed settings are different for a reason. I hope they stay that way. I don’t want to re-live the nightmare that was forging in Halo 3.

Hoping they might consider a second forge world for a DLC package. :slight_smile:

Ya, I hope they add another DLC forgeworld-type map too! Maybe not make the pieces so detailed, so you don’t get the frame-rate lag issues as much. Either way, I can’t wait to see these new maps!

I was disappointed you couldn’t forge more on Highlands. I was also extremely disappointed you could not make mongooses on condemned. I was looking forward to making a space version of a mini game I made, but then I found out you can’t make mongooses on condemned. In Halo 3 you could put a mongoose on any map you wanted. :frowning:

Haven’t got the maps so I don’t know what Forge options are enabled. Is Highlands similar to Tempest in that it has all Forge World items, or is it limited in what it has.

> Haven’t got the maps so I don’t know what Forge options are enabled. Is Highlands similar to Tempest in that it has all Forge World items, or is it limited in what it has.

It is a lot more limited.

The specifics:

The Highlands Forge pallet for Scenery is as follows:
Barricades [25]
-Barricade, Small
-Barricade, Large
-Jersey Barrier
-Jersey Barrier, Short
-Covenant Barrier
-Portable shield

Camping stool [10]

Folding Chair [10]

Crates [50]
-Small, Closed (note: it is the same thing as Halo 3’s single box closed on Avalanche)
-Crate, Metal, Multi
-Crate, Metal, Single
-Crate, Heavy Duty
-Crate, Heavy, Small
-Covenant Crate
-Crate, Half Open
-Crate, Fully Open

Dumpster, Tall [10]

Sandbags [12]
-Sandbag Wall
-Sandbag, Turret Wall
-Sandbag Corner, 45
-Sandbag Corner, 90
-Sandbag Endcap

Street Cone [20]

Pallets [12]
-Pallet
-Pallet, Large
-Pallet, Metal

There is no “structure” section, so no Forge World kind of variety. Weapons, Vehicles, Armor Abilities, Spawning, Objectives are the same as Forge World. Gadgets that are the same as Forge World include Explosives, Health Station, Powerups (8 instead of Forge World’s 12 I believe), Man-Cannons, teleporters, toys. Changes are to lights (a limit of two) of only red, blue, green, and orange lights.

There are no one-way shields, shield doors, or fx in Highlands. :frowning: