Forging default maps?

My suggestion for Forge is being able to forge default maps, as in, removing some structures, and being able to add some, with same, or different look to it. For example, when i first got Reach, i thought the map Boardwalk looked amazing and played pretty well, but playing campaign, i saw how much more expanded it truly could have been. I would have loved to recreate the expanded areas by removing/adding in structures that were already in the game. Would have been much cooler than the same grey and green of every forge map

I only have one problem relevant to this. Having multiplayer maps be identical to campaign maps is a awful idea. I can’t help but feel ripped off on Reach when I am forced to play unbalanced campaign maps in multiplayer.

Anyways, these kind of structures a little heavier on geometry than the normal forge objects. My point is, the forge system would need a major overhaul in order to handle those kind of objects. I don’t know exactly what forge can handle, but by looking at the available objects it’s clear that it isn’t made to work with those structures.

We must remember that Halo is primarily a console oriented game. The developers minds can’t run too wild because the outdated xbox hardware can’t handle all of their ideas. I imagine if all these forge suggestions could have been done, that they would have been done. There’s no doubting, however, that there are better editors out there.

> Anyways, these kind of structures a little heavier on geometry than the normal forge objects. My point is, the forge system would need a major overhaul in order to handle those kind of objects . . .
>
> We must remember that Halo is primarily a console oriented game. The developers minds can’t run too wild because the outdated xbox hardware can’t handle all of their ideas. I imagine if all these forge suggestions could have been done, that they would have been done. There’s no doubting, however, that there are better editors out there.

I absolutely love that you’re actually capable of understanding that games have limits and that not all suggestions can be implemented.

However, the OP’s can.

Consider this: in Countdown, several rooms (that are accessible in the Campaign) are completely blocked off (and hardkilled) with immutable closed doors.

What if these rooms were accessible, and the doors were Forgeable? Delete the door, open the room.

Now apply that kind of thinking to other maps. Boneyard, for example. There are several Campaign-only rooms that connect Boneyard to Holdout. What if these rooms were accessible and Forgeable? They look damn nice, they’re pretty open (meaning that with a Foundry-eqsue palette, they’d be very configurable), and the layout’s not bad for gameplay, either. In standard Boneyard, they’d be sealed, but you could delete (and later spawn more of) the doors in Forge and make use of these hidden “canvas rooms”.

See what I mean?