Forgetacular map pack

I recently had an idea that could seriously spark some community activity. To put it simply a new map pack, but not just any map pack, but one designed by the fans.

What I mean is 343 holds an event in where people all over send in their best maps made in forge (limited to one entree per person). Now these maps would have to be original maps, in other words no remakes of old maps and no variants of existing maps. 343 then has people, lets just say the cartographers, sort through these maps to find the best of the best untill we have a list of about 20. Then for the next following weeks we have a small poll added to the site where you can download one of the final maps and test them for yourselves. Community play dates would be held to help play out on these maps. Once you’ve found the map you enjoy the most you can vote on it on the poll. After say about 3 weeks or so the winners would be announced and the top 3 maps would be sent in to the guys behind the anniversary map pack (I forgot their names, sorry) to be redesigned into actual maps and released as dlc for halo reach. The owners of the maps would be contacted and given a free voucher for the map pack. The final maps would be made heavily with forge in mind so we can now use these new maps as a template for new forge creations.

This would really spark community activity and get people to really crack down on forging. The poll is set in place so there is no bias in which map finally gets in, while the cartographers job is to make sort through the trolls and half -Yoinked!- maps. I also figure it would be better than just entering the maps into matchmaking straight from forge because it not only allows us for new environments but its a greater reward to those who’ve won. Not to mention it gives us more areas to forge in.

What do you think, should 343 do something along these lines.

Amen! Let’s do it!

As long as its online and is free of charge for and that they can actually benefit from it, it could happen. I could see it happening.

> As long as its online and is free of charge for and that they can actually benefit from it, it could happen. I could see it happening.

Well as far as benefiting goes it’d be really great for the fans and for publicity (for lack of a better term). Plus it woyld definitely bring more interest into forge which leads to more community creations which leads to a better community in general. Plus it benefits us with new map environments and it helps forgers get their name out there and start attracting some attention for themselves

Sounds like a good idea! I wouldn’t pay for it, though… :confused:

> Sounds like a good idea! I wouldn’t pay for it, though… :confused:

Well now that I think of it it wouldn’t be very fair to charge for something that the community pretty much created. Plus it would seem far more attractive as a free map pack.

> > Sounds like a good idea! I wouldn’t pay for it, though… :confused:
>
> Well now that I think of it it wouldn’t be very fair to charge for something that the community pretty much created. Plus it would seem far more attractive as a free map pack.

That and someone could replicate it and it be easier then paying if they made you.

would be interesting but I wouldn’t pay for something like this like everybody above haha

The final note of Bungie’s farewell was seeing how the community would surpass them with regard to the creation of maps. I honestly believe this is why the game did not ship with so many maps in the first place, they wanted the community to forge an experience in Halo: Reach unique to themselves… I don’t think this is what they had in mind. therefore, I would like the idea of doing this as it also gets good forgers names out there, but in the long haul, a map pack should not consist of items like what your asking for, it should consist on other elements. remember, there is a 3rd party involvement here and it is Microsoft…

Well I seriously doubt anyone could be so obtuse as to make us pay for our own community creations.

Bad idea, the vast majority of forge maps are terrible and all look the same, I would definitely not pay for it.

> Bad idea, the vast majority of forge maps are terrible and all look the same, I would definitely not pay for it.

This is why I suggest a poll to find the best of the best forge maps out there. So you get a say as to what map is actually good and which one is garbage. Also I suggest that they are handed off to be reskinned and remade into actual maps, as in not just a sea of grey but new and exciting environments and colors.

I wouldn’t mind, as long as I get to contribute and do not have to pay.

> do not have to pay.

well it definitely seems that this is the main concern with this idea

shameless bump go!

Yea and we should have one map for BTB, slayer, invasion, infection, grifball, and what ever the six most popular gametype is plus special gametypes for the maps

I was sick in my mouth when they did that to Infection, adding maps that are awful for no reason.

> I was sick in my mouth when they did that to Infection, adding maps that are awful for no reason.

Well if its a issue of the quality of the maps then like I said before that’s why there would be a poll. It’s then up to you to determine whether a map is awful or not and make sure the best ones make it in. And as for a reason its more or less a gift for the fans.

> Yea and we should have one map for BTB, slayer, invasion, infection, grifball, and what ever the six most popular gametype is plus special gametypes for the maps

Actually it would be rather nice to see a btb map that doubles for invasion but im not sure about having 1 for each of the 6 top. Hopefully would be a simple 3 map pack that really plays well with all the gametypes including the ones you mentioned.

Every one try my maps on x-box live at Travion15 . I don’t think you will regret them.If you like them message me.