ForgeHub's "Best of Halo 3" Contest

http://www.forgehub.com/forum/announcements/102401-best-halo-3s-forge.html

Looks like it’s the final ForgeHub contest for Halo 3 maps. Any map from Halo 3 can win, even ones that have previously won (like Gridlocked, MLG Hype, Distortion, etc.) Go vote!

Voted! It’ll be a crime if Distortion doesn’t win something.

Im with that…

Wow, it’s awesome that you guys noticed this. I’m one of the writers for Forge Hub and it’s awesome to see the community recognizing our events. If you guys nominate a map don’t forget to come back and vote later in the month, voting goes up on the 24th I believe.

> http://www.forgehub.com/forum/announcements/102401-best-halo-3s-forge.html
>
> Looks like it’s the final ForgeHub contest for Halo 3 maps. Any map from Halo 3 can win, even ones that have previously won (like Gridlocked, MLG Hype, Distortion, etc.) Go vote!

Distortion is still a fantastic, dizzying map. It’s got my vote. Some hidden gems in there that didn’t have a chance to shine in Matchmaking, folks should definitely download a bunch of them if you haven’t already in addition to voting.

Dang, I guess it’s too late to submit a map?

Just a bit. Go ahead and vote though, not too late for that. =)

> [/li]- The map must have been created between September 25th, 2007 and August 3rd, 2010

My map definitely fits that time frame, but I see you can’t nominate your own map. :frowning:

Bungie testers played on my map last year during that Charity event. They loved it and said I should send it in. But I procrastinated. I knew I should have done it. It plays more like a mini level than just random objects thrown on the map, like some players do.

> My map definitely fits that time frame, but I see you can’t nominate your own map. :frowning:
>
> Bungie testers played on my map last year during that Charity event. They loved it and said I should send it in. But I procrastinated. I knew I should have done it. It plays more like a mini level than just random objects thrown on the map, like some players do.

Hopefully you’ll have better luck in future with Forge 2.0. Everyone would like to see more quality maps but it’s up the map makers to push them.

I am supporting Conquest as Best Gametype, as it is mine. :wink: However I don’t see a problem with one of the Battletracks or Agents winning. Not a big fan of Clue though.

As for Best Conquest Map… The Cellars is good, but I think that Of the Essence may be better. The Cellars feels a bit more like a 5v5 map while Of the Essence fits better with the standard 4v4. But who knows. The Hollow is an alright Conquest map. It was cool that it was a cave, but that was pretty much all the gameplay was really subpar.

I’m looking forward to the results for all the other categories too. It’s great to see all the best maps getting one final praise before we move on to Halo Reach.

Ahh, I could never forge in halo 3. You must have real tallent to do so.