Forgehub: Someone; anyone; please: respond!

I figured this was a good a method as any for this:

Could any experienced member of the Forgehub community please contact me through this sites conversation system at their interest when seeing this. I would like to discuss something in the benefit of the Waypoint Community, on behalf of the CL’s.

Thank you.

Would the forgehub community be just everyone who forges a lot and uses this site? or are you talking about the people that work at Bungie that design the maps? If it’s the earlier, I’ll see if I can help. What do you need?

Yeah, I’m talking about general members of Forgehub, who forge a lot, have a certain amount of skill, and uses this site :slight_smile:

What I had in mind, is that for our Waypoint Community Carnage Nights, we often use a lot of custom content that are usually of pretty high standard, but those are what I call “Arcade Maps” or arena maps; maps which doesn’t employ a lot of Forge World’s core geometry.
I have yet to find maps suited for BTB designed around the classic two-base formula for varied gametypes, Valhalla style, or more objective focused, asymetric designed, in the style of High Ground. There are a few areas of Forge World which I have yet to see use its full potential, or have a design similar to what I described above, such as Montana, Alaska, and either side of The Island(When split: outer/lower side facing the vast ocean, and inner/higher side facing the Shores). I have a few general ideas for design specific for either areas, but I’m not a very good forger.

So I was wondering if someone of the Forgehub Community would be interested in helping me out creating a few of these gamespaces on behalf of the Waypoint Community, which we could have be ‘our’ maps. Sort of a stall of maps that we’ll use time and time again as classic battlegrounds for our regular gamenights.

:slight_smile:

Sure. I made something that you might like. Check out my file share. I have mostly BTB maps. I tried making one for standard 4 on 4 slayer, but I overkilled it and it ended up more like a BTB map. I have finished it, but you can tell me what gametypes you want it to be compatible with, and I’ll add the objects.

I did make one map (Complexer) compatible with most popular gametypes (slayer, CTF, assault, oddball, and KOTH) but it was a bit… complicated. It wasn’t open enough. It looked pretty cool, but there were a lot of different levels to it.

I decided to make something a bit simpler and I came up with 2 maps, Absolution! (A symmetrical map with 4 equal sides set up only for slayer type games and Big Team Slayer - Red and Blue teams have 8 initial spawn points where as orange and green only have 4) and 00ShayD (double-O shady, cuz I used one of the cave type pockets over the water near the falls, and half the map is dark. The map is symmetrical on 2 sides instead of 4 like Absolution, but it’s even simpler than Absolution and a bit more open).

I’m totally down for making more maps. I would have Bungie Pro so I can have all my maps up for grabs at all times, but I don’t have the money to afford it. I’m kinda broke, looking for a job.

I didn’t know anything about Waypoint Community Carnage Nights until you mentioned it. How can I join? I’ve been wanting to team up with some people for some custom gaming.

Comment Deleted

We’d love to have you for our gamenights! We’re having a Grifball themed one tomorrow! Just add the GT ‘Team Waypoint’ to Your Friend’s List, and log on at about 5 PM CST Tomorrow, and you’ll recieve an invite :wink:

I’ll have a look through your maps right now! Your GT is ‘KUR05AKI ICHIGO’?

> btw text me so I can get on it soon. I will be doing some forge in a few minutes.

I live in Norway, so I’m about to hit the sack, and a text would be rather expensive :wink: I’d also recommend taking your phone number down from the open Internet :wink:

EDIT: Had a quick look through the maps, and I’m pretty sure I’ll use them for a gamenight or two! They were great! I marvel at other people ability to create things in the forge, lol. However, these were much more complex than what I had in mind. Think very basic. Two opposite bases, a few small constructs scattered, maybe a few platforms. Using the geometry and ground of Forge World itself. Lots of oppurtunities for vehicles and infantry movement alike. anyways, I’m signing off for today, but I’d very much like to discuss this further with you, and/or anyone else you’d like to join you, or that you know could help.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

hmm. I don’t see any danger in having my number out, since nobody really knows me that I don’t know. I’m not a hugely popular guy. I’ll delete the comment, but out of curiosity, what could happen? it’s not a financial safety issue is it? like people trying to steal my money or identity with that kind of information… I haven’t gotten any strange calls so far. my number’s for grabs on facebook. but I’ll add them to my friends list and I’ll probably be on sometime tomorrow. But to get rid of my number, you have to delete your message replying to the message with my number on it. i deleted mine already. I live on the west coast, about an hour from the beaches, so it’s only 3:20pm here. and really windy too (up here in the mountains).

and yes my GT is KUR05AKI ICHIGO

BTW, take a peek into the Multiplayer subforum for threads regarding our Gamenights :wink:

sure thing. thanks for the tip. Let me know later what you think of my maps.

I was logged in for a long time and I had send a friend request, but I never got an invite or anything. what happened? did i miss it?

We had some problems with our Team Waypoint GT, namely that we had forgotten the password, and as such, we weren’t able to see the most recent requests. Additionally, this previous gamenight was handled by someone other than those with access to it, because neither me nor Ninja Orca were able to attend kick-off.

This map seems to fit your description. Two bases in a region of Forge World that often goes unused. It won’t be ‘our map’, but it may still be relevant to your interests?

> Yeah, I’m talking about general members of Forgehub, who forge a lot, have a certain amount of skill, and uses this site :slight_smile:
>
> What I had in mind, is that for our Waypoint Community Carnage Nights, we often use a lot of custom content that are usually of pretty high standard, but those are what I call “Arcade Maps” or arena maps; maps which doesn’t employ a lot of Forge World’s core geometry.
> I have yet to find maps suited for BTB designed around the classic two-base formula for varied gametypes, Valhalla style, or more objective focused, asymetric designed, in the style of High Ground. There are a few areas of Forge World which I have yet to see use its full potential, or have a design similar to what I described above, such as Montana, Alaska, and either side of The Island(When split: outer/lower side facing the vast ocean, and inner/higher side facing the Shores). I have a few general ideas for design specific for either areas, but I’m not a very good forger.
>
> So I was wondering if someone of the Forgehub Community would be interested in helping me out creating a few of these gamespaces on behalf of the Waypoint Community, which we could have be ‘our’ maps. Sort of a stall of maps that we’ll use time and time again as classic battlegrounds for our regular gamenights.
>
> :slight_smile:

I post on forgehub sometimes, I dont mind making you a map or two :slight_smile:

The only half decent Big team Battle map I’ve done so far is the Pillar of Autumn, but thats a single objective 1 flag/bomb map. Its a couple of threads down at the moment if you want to have a look, but I would love to have a go at making you a classic two base map :smiley: