Forge?

Why do people play forge mode?

In my opinion forge is a pointless mode, which all that time spent making forge could be put into expanding on the actual game instead. I know its fun to play with friends, creating your own maps and sharing them online. I know its very popular, but i dont find the need to play it.

I would only play forge if you were rewarded something for playing it. I would find it especially enjoyable if you could put enemy AI on the map.

Am i just very boring!

What do you think?

> 2533274876751402;1:
> Why do people play forge mode?
>
> In my opinion forge is a pointless mode, which all that time spent making forge could be put into expanding on the actual game instead. I know its fun to play with friends, creating your own maps and sharing them online. I know its very popular, but i dont find the need to play it.
>
> I would only play forge if you were rewarded something for playing it. I would find it especially enjoyable if you could put enemy AI on the map.
>
> Am i just very boring!
>
> What do you think?

I forge all the time and thus disagree with everything you just stated.

I also enjoy forging and do it all the time. You can make your own custom game maps from scratch and tweak existing levels.

because some people don’t need constant rewards and unlocks to have fun. a simple sandbox with configurable rules and some imagination is all I need

Forging allows you to release that crazy imagination of yours and apply it to a video game. Forge separates Halo from every other game.
Unfortunately 343 released a broken MCC forge only allowing 1-4 ppl on a map w/ over 400 objects, thus making large forge projects pointless.

You clearly havent experienced some good Forge maps…
Forge is incredible and will never be taken out of Halo… it allows people to make anything they want…

Are you an artist? Have you ever wanted to make something that was a solid, 3-dimensional, tangible environment, but due to the difficulty of actually sculpting something like that in real life, you haven’t been able to do so? That’s what Forge is for.

Have you ever hated the built-in maps in a Halo game, and constantly think of ways they could be better? That’s what Forge is for.

> all that time spent making forge could be put into expanding on the actual game instead.

Even if they were taking time off the rest of the game to improve Forge mode, it doesn’t exactly take long to update anymore (following Halo Reach’s godly Forge mode…) Certain Affinity is a decently-sized team, and that’s not even counting 343, so again, I assume it’s not overly taxing.

I think they have reason enough to include Forge in every Halo since Halo 3, seeing as Halo 3’s population was the highest.

Community-created content > DLC content. One is 100% free and in completely endless supply, whereas with DLC, you’re literally paying the developers for going back to work.

I don’t play it for rewards I play it because I enjoy building things

Forge lets you make your own maps and designs and share them to the world, if they like it, they’ll put it on YouTube or something even crazier! And if you send 343I your map, and they like it. Well, good job! Because it might be in the ACTUAL game as a matchmaking map. And its also GREAT for machinimas. And really, you will ONLY play it if there were rewards?! That means you go into a game, quit, then get a chance at getting something rare…wow…

And yes to the question if you’re boring. You are VERY VERY VERY boring… :\

I like forge cause I can do stuff like this and feel really proud about it even though I cant playtest it. :smiley:

Don’t worry, you are not boring, but everyone has their own interests in halo. and forge is just not one of yours, I personally love forge, and playing on the maps i make with my brother. If you don’t like to do that, that is fine by me.

You clearly don’t understand how big the forge community is. Halo forgers are the ones who have made most custom maps for multiplayer. And forge is one of the things that make halo different from other games.

> 2533274882881665;10:
> I like forge cause I can do stuff like this and feel really proud about it even though I cant playtest it. :smiley:

Hey dude! I just saw your video about your map. It looks FREAKING SWEET!

Me and my friends loved running around in forge world. We occasionally would try to make a map. It would result in me flying a Falcon and dodging rockets; one or two of my friends making flying buildings and my other friends driving vehicles and having epic moments and battles. Good times. I want forge world back. I miss my Falcon.

I’ve been forging daily since the release of foundry in halo 3. I don’t need any reward, however I am rewarded with thousands upon thousands of download on my maps. Loads of fans of my maps who become my friends or at he very least enjoy playing on my maps regularly. But the real reward is that I get out that creativity and an accomplished feeling with every single map I finish. No other form of art can do that for me. And one day I’m hoping t gets my foot in the door of working for 343, they already know who I am and have shown appreciation and interest in my work so I will continue what I do further impress them until I seat opens up.

Here is a link to a portfolio of my maps, showing my progress as a designer and some of the talent you can portray in the recent halos.

> 2533274885296707;14:
> Me and my friends loved running around in forge world. We occasionally would try to make a map. It would result in me flying a Falcon and dodging rockets; one or two of my friends making flying buildings and my other friends driving vehicles and having epic moments and battles. Good times. I want forge world back. I miss my Falcon.

Here, here! I miss my -yoink- birds!
I miss the hornet too, though I think if they did bring it back, they should give it similar controls to the falcon