Forge World vs. Forge Island

I’m not sure the exact reason, but it seemed like in Halo 4 that the ‘Forge Canvas’ got considerably smaller. Having 80% be water, you had to make your own floor, thus wasting some budget. Whereas, in Halo Reach, Forge World had so many components, nooks, and crannies to explore. I hope Guardians Forge World/Canvas will be large, and “land-based” opposed to water.

What do you guys think?

I agree.
its tough testing things in MCC because of the forge limitations on existing maps.
every title has a bloodgulch remake, and youre stuck with building blocks as your biggest piece.
unless they add natural back to it, it sucks

I know I can go into AWASH and build something amazing, but like you said, you have to do everything

> 2533274924514228;1:
> I’m not sure the exact reason, but it seemed like in Halo 4 that the ‘Forge Canvas’ got considerably smaller. Having 80% be water, you had to make your own floor, thus wasting some budget. Whereas, in Halo Reach, Forge World had so many components, nooks, and crannies to explore. I hope Guardians Forge World/Canvas will be large, and “land-based” opposed to water.
>
> What do you guys think?

100% agree.

Forge World 2.0 is on my Christmas list.

Forge Island is a good concept for making smaller arena maps, as the terrain is completely flat.

If you need any more space than the biggest island, you’re probably making a BTB size map, in which case Forge World would be better.

I agree that Forge World was much better for bigger maps, since it gave you some terrain to work with, leaving you a lot more room to place buildings and whatnot.

However, I like how Halo 2 Anniversary goes about Forge. It has a rather large budget, and allows you to place your own terrain and cliffs. This allows us to make the large maps we’ve truly envisioned while still allowing for small maps to be made. If you want flat ground, then you have a piece for that. Want natural ground? You have that too.

> 2533274808386392;5:
> I agree that Forge World was much better for bigger maps, since it gave you some terrain to work with, leaving you a lot more room to place buildings and whatnot.
>
> However, I like how Halo 2 Anniversary goes about Forge. It has a rather large budget, and allows you to place your own terrain and cliffs. This allows us to make the large maps we’ve truly envisioned while still allowing for small maps to be made. If you want flat ground, then you have a piece for that. Want natural ground? You have that too.

its taking some getting used to, but there is potential

I always liked Forge World better. Although, part of that may be due to the fact that I vastly prefer Forge in Reach to all other versions of Forge to date. The lighting isn’t worth the wait.

The MCC forge maps are just better because they are completely blank. Making forge island obsolete.

I would have liked Forge world in MCC but its maps are already remade in H2A.

Give us Reach and then we have everything in the one game. A forgegasm, forgasm. Whatever…

edit: Forge world 2.0? Sounds good but what maps fo you choose?, and what maps can’t you make in the blank maps?. Or do we just want random terrain for completely new maps?

I like how they did terrain editing, but they should really have a large forge landscape included. Multiple actually. Maybe arctic, dessert, Forest, city,jungle, and a green hill zone. With terrain editing included.

> 2533274898131165;9:
> I like how they did terrain editing, but they should really have a large forge landscape included. Multiple actually. Maybe arctic, dessert, Forest, city,jungle, and a green hill zone. With terrain editing included.

I agree. MCC would’ve nailed forge on the head unquestionably if we had multiple biomes/settings to choose from, and we could place vehicle debris/corpses as set pieces.