Forge World Skyboxes

If possible, I think in later DLC 343 should add new skyboxes to Forge World. They could operate the same way that the special effects do right now. Just image making a map with a starry skybox and the purple effect. Just like I’ve suggested armor pack DLC on other sections of the Waypoint forums, 343 should build Forge pack DLCs. These would add things like new effects, skyboxes, objects, and maybe new textures for our building/building blocks. Again, this would be awesome, if it is possible.

Thoughts?

That would basically be making a new map.

Forge World already has endless possibilities, why would adding new textures basically be making a new map?

Because Forge World didn’t come with those additional textures. To implement those new features into Forge World wouldn’t be as simple as a matchmaking update; rather, it would be like making a new map.

And those “endless possibilities” don’t extend to adding new things to the map whenever they feel like it.

Thats all well and good, but I’m talking about DLC. Downloadable content, not a title update. Its perfectly possible to change the way the game is programmed with an expansion.

If they’re going to make new textures, they might as well make a whole new Forging space, not just add to the existing Forge World.

> If they’re going to make new textures, they might as well make a whole new Forging space, not just add to the existing Forge World.

this may be true, but most of these suggestions are just aesthetic ideas to create an atmosphere for the game itself such as a night time, afternoon, war time feel with such textures and skin. creating a whole new forge world would be too much for just a new look so it is simpler this way :slight_smile: