Forge World - Pelicans, Phantoms? Surprise us 343.

You could easily and quickly fly from location to location
You could integrate it into game types
Endless hours of fun
Does NOT have to be in matchmaking play lists
Just for forge
Change color would be sweet
Pick up/Drop off Teammates for awesome custom games
Use it as an escape pod for some objective Zombie game types
Great for new and creative screen shots!
Great for awesome Machinima!
It would be what we have always wanted!

Great Epic Battles between UNSC and Covenant Custom Games!
Massive Exploration and Epicness!
Incredible amount of space to fit all 3!
The plan:

Edit:new cost
Scarabs (2)-2000
Phantoms (2)-900
Pelicans (2)-900
Elephants (2)-600
Spirits (2)-600

New wall of thread
After several requests and wants, I would like to say that, this topic has become more of a super vehicles topic, instead of Just phantoms, Pelicans, and scarabs. So everyone, if you would like Bungie to add in any of the below, for dlc, Vote Yes!!

1. Elephant2.0
  2. Locust
  3. Scarab
  4. Phantom+Pelican
  5. Vulture
  6. Seraph/Vampire
    7.spirits
    8.Drop pods (human and alien)
    9.longsword
    10.Forklift

Any other requests, please PM me.

ALTERNATE DLC Suggested by : SoleWardinator

Falcon(Transport)
Carries 5
pilot has control of chin gun witch is the only armament

Falcon(Grenadier)
Self explanitory

Warthog(Troop)
Carries 5
faster than other warthogs
no weapons other than whatever the passangers have

Pelican
Carries 11 including driver
Chin mounted passanger controlled gun and shoots rockets 6 at a time has the ability to carry unsc vehicles

Spirit
Carries 24, 12 on each side
pilot controlled plasma cannon
can carry ghost and wraith

Phantom

covered
has a few machine guns one of witch is pilot controlled
can lock up

Civilian Vehicles

such as truck

Cyclops (Halo Wars)

Twin Machine Guns
Grapple/smash Ability

Pelican Transport
(No defence weapons)

NEW!
Fuel Rod Shade Turret!

PLEASE BUNGIE!!

SUPER UPDATE!

Unlikely Vehicles

Gremlin
Boats
Cyclops
Vampires
Spectre
Shadow

Any halo wars based vehicles or any not coded into halo reach, may not be makeable, as it would require HUGE ammounts of effort, including the scarab :(.

Please Discuss

New edit
Ok down here ill put where people have given me ideas and i will include your name

Arm0r l0ck pr0 idea:Cyclops (Halo Wars)

Twin Machine Guns
Grapple/smash Ability
bungie would probably be lazy and make it do most of the same things as a regular player except faster/stronger
a: jump, not as high
b: switch to right secondary weapon
x: reload/cool down mg’s. or pick up weapon upgrades, super powered versions of unsc weapons that attach to forearm?
y: switch to left secondary weapon?
click in right stick: zoom in
click in left stick: crouch
lb: AA?
Rb: PUNCH
Lt: fire left weapon
rt: fire right weapon
covie equivalent?

z175 idea:How about a space map too? It could be like a moon base or something, and allow people to walk into the space and use the longswords and stuffs

SAAKILLER idea:Heres what they ultimately need though since what you want is good but too much on bungie.:

1. Elephant2.0.
  2. Scarab.
  3. Phantom+Pelican
  4. maybe a longsword.
  5. chopper.
  6. a boat with a machine gun or submarine.
  7. Falcon in which the driver can shoot.
  8. Falcon grenadier
  9. (All the falcons should carry 5 people since each have those little seats)
  10. The cheap vehicle: the hornet (both regular and transport)

They should also make it so that you could swim in water and not die.

So some of these are your ideas (well most of them) but do you totally agree?edit:Heres what they need MOST!

1. Falcon in which the driver can shoot.
  2. Falcon grenadier
  3. (All the falcons should carry 5 people since each have those little seats
    4.Pelican and Phantom.

Heres what they really really need!

1. Elephant 2.0
  2. Scarab
  3. Chopper

Heres what they really need!

1. A boat with machine guns.
  2. Ability to swim in water.

They could use this.

1. Longsword

However, Bungie already proved the pelican and phantom (and the spirit I’m sure could be put in as well) can be in multiplayer maps (invasion only? don’t see why) so a new forge world type map would be the only way for these to really work. Would need to fix/add some things to the player-usable DLC ones though.

1. Phantom, well first and foremost fix the collision, as of now it noclips through anything but other vehicles. Remove the boost too (ya its cool but too fast) the standard speed, pretty much the same as the pelican speed, is good enough. Remove chin turret.

xSavi0rzx: I have posted this here on 343 forums because I feel that they will make more use of these and actually implement any of these changes in their next game which has some time before release. These suggestions are for Reach but can be used in future Halo titles aswell.
There a ton of spelling and grammar mistakes, if someone could the time and PM me the exact changes, I will gladly do them because I don’t have time to look through it. -Lazy-
Here is the thread I got this from: http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=49709286&viewreplies=true&postRepeater1-p=88#end
Please, discuss your feelings and opinions. Let’s be very realistic, 80% of these things won’t happen, so add some suggestions that are realistic for 343’s goals in achieving a high quality game which will make or break their first impression! Note: The 343 beta forum is horrible when editing a post, please go see for your self. To read the FULL IDEA, SEE THE LINK I HAVE POSTED.

Wow, that’s some real enthusiasm right there. Problem is, it’s impossible. The system and engine don’t allow it. And in either case, Bungie would be the ones handling it, not 343i.

so if bungie is the one who does all that stuff, what did 343 take care of? I know they had a big hand in the game…

cant wait for 343 next game but if your going to have a new forge world at least make it smaller with less screen lag also i want some water vehicles please .

> so if bungie is the one who does all that stuff, what did 343 take care of? I know they had a big hand in the game…

No no, 343 has taken over it completely.

343i didn’t have a big part in the development of Halo Reach. It was developed by Bungie, while some of the story elements were written in collaboration with certain writers of 343i and MS. One example is Halsey’s Journal which were written by Eric Nylund.

But again, as it were with Halo 3, adding content to existing maps is impossible.

If this happened I would recreate Carter’s death.

Honestly, flying the Spirit and Pelican during New Alexander leads me to believe that I do not want these vehicles in MP.

It would be like Planet Express delivering a package to the moon. And true, they can get us across FW quickly, on an actual map we can play on, it moves too quickly.

> Honestly, flying the Spirit and Pelican during New Alexander leads me to believe that I do not want these vehicles in MP.
>
> It would be like Planet Express delivering a package to the moon. And true, they can get us across FW quickly, on an actual map we can play on, it moves too quickly.

Well maybe they could make flying easier, and slow down vehicles speed for making it easier to control.

> > Honestly, flying the Spirit and Pelican during New Alexander leads me to believe that I do not want these vehicles in MP.
> >
> > It would be like Planet Express delivering a package to the moon. And true, they can get us across FW quickly, on an actual map we can play on, it moves too quickly.
>
> Well maybe they could make flying easier, and slow down vehicles speed for making it easier to control.

So make it like the Falcon?

> > > Honestly, flying the Spirit and Pelican during New Alexander leads me to believe that I do not want these vehicles in MP.
> > >
> > > It would be like Planet Express delivering a package to the moon. And true, they can get us across FW quickly, on an actual map we can play on, it moves too quickly.
> >
> > Well maybe they could make flying easier, and slow down vehicles speed for making it easier to control.
>
> So make it like the Falcon?

Dunno, maybe not exact same flying controls like falcon, but surely easier than they were in campaign.