Forge world maps would be better if ...

There are loads of variants of forge world maps, and some people could find it hard to recognise just by the name.
My idea:

In a lobby (Matchmaking, custom games & forge), each separate forge world variant could have a picture/thumbnail of an overview of the map.
Example (in a totally not photoshopped picture):
http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/3381/forgethumbnaildemo1.jpg

Here’s another example:
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/4609/forgethumbnaildemo2.jpg

This would make it easier to tell what map is which, and may even sway the votes even more/less.

With a newly forged map, the user would have to take a screenshot (or, if the user has placed loadout cameras, that would be used for the image displayed.

What are your thoughts?

I think its an excellent idea. Even as a forger, I still get confused in MM as to what map I am playing on.

Brilliant.

That is actually something Bungie did plan to do at a point, but I guess they ran of out time or something like that and they didn’t end up getting to it along with things like being able to label “call outs” or locations on your map.

I would have loved to see it in the game. maybe Halo 4 will have high hopes for those minor features.

> That is actually something Bungie did plan to do at a point, but I guess they ran of out time or something like that and they didn’t end up getting to it along with things like being able to label “call outs” or locations on your map.
>
> I would have loved to see it in the game. maybe Halo 4 will have high hopes for those minor features.

This.

Could be done in a similar same way the Loadout Camera is used in forge in Reach. Have a Thumbnail Camera.

> That is actually something Bungie did plan to do at a point, but I guess they ran of out time or something like that and they didn’t end up getting to it along with things like being able to label “call outs” or locations on your map.
>
> I would have loved to see it in the game. maybe Halo 4 will have high hopes for those minor features.

Yeah call outs, a screenshot, and several other things would have been nice, but I am definitely grateful for what we have now. Those will be icing on the cake if those features come to Halo 4. We can dream folks… :slight_smile:

Great idea! I just have one question, who would determine what the “layout screenshot” would look like?
This really is a good idea, because you don’t get too much of a description of the map you just voted for.

> > That is actually something Bungie did plan to do at a point, but I guess they ran of out time or something like that and they didn’t end up getting to it along with things like being able to label “call outs” or locations on your map.
> >
> > I would have loved to see it in the game. maybe Halo 4 will have high hopes for those minor features.
>
> Yeah call outs, a screenshot, and several other things would have been nice, but I am definitely grateful for what we have now. Those will be icing on the cake if those features come to Halo 4. We can dream folks… :slight_smile:

Could they add new tags to Megalo?

I don’t know if it would be possible, but could they add a tag that you put on a Loadout Camera, such as “Preview_Window,” that would take a screenshot when you save the game and use that “image” as the preview?

Call-outs could probably work too.

Where is Fyrewulff when we need him?

i think they should give us all of the map packs for becuase we all ready pay for online

> i think they should give us all of the map packs for becuase we all ready pay for online

congrats, now do you have anything constructive to add?

i think the idea of the OP is a good one, i play alot of MM and i sometimes see 3 variants of FW on the vote and cant remember what any of them are like just by name. if they had ‘load out camera’ style view for a map thumb then each map could be easier to recognise and you wont choose a map you dont like because you forgot its name.

and the ‘call outs’ like BR3 from lockout/blackout on halo 2/3 would be like hills, except you name them in forge and when you enter it the phrase above the motion sensor changes, so you know where on a forge map you are, and after a while recognise it by name when someone goes ‘theres 3 of them camping blue room’ you know the room with the mancannon on eclipse (lockout for those of you who havent played the team clasic playlist) has 3 enemies in it.

i do agree these small aditions, which were planned but never accomplished for reach should come to H4

If we had **pelicans,phantoms,spirits,**etc

Oh, yes, this is a good idea. I hope than 343I listen us.