Forge World Map 2.0

Dear 343 industries!

I want a forge world map that’s bigger than halo reach forge world map. And you can go really high I want 343 industries to do that a lot of people want a forge world map bigger than halo reach one! Can 343 industries add a forge world map bigger than halo reach in a future update it’ll make the game a lot more fun and you can make really big Maps! They made a forge world map in halo 4 why can’t they do it in halo 5 guardians make a forge word map that’s a lot bigger than the one in halo 4 and the one in halo reach! A lot of vehicle compat!! And have huge Big team battle maps.

Eventually vehicles,

UNSC:

1. Pelican you can drive and shoot
  2. Hornet
  3. Felcon.

COVANANT vehicles:

1. phantom that your can drive and shoot
  2. revanant
  3. Chopper

Please 343 Industries a lot of people want this Forge World 2.0 it will make the game a lot more fun in custom games and people making huge Forge World maps it’ll make a lot of people happy.

I like to see what dose the community of halo players think about this!!

OR they could just make the current maps bigger as making another forge world is seemingly pointless when we can have an empty or completely flat canvas to work on.

The Forge maps they have now on Halo 5 guardians is not even close has big has Halo Reach Forge World which Bums me out a lot I know it bums a lot of people in the world out to.

> 2535406272231884;2:
> OR they could just make the current maps bigger as making another forge world is seemingly pointless when we can have an empty or completely flat canvas to work on.

We already have 2 empty/flat surfaces to work with: Parallax and Tidal, I think a Forge World with actual features to it is exactly what Forge needs, kind of a throwback to the golden age of forge.

> 2535434457651384;4:
> > 2535406272231884;2:
> > OR they could just make the current maps bigger as making another forge world is seemingly pointless when we can have an empty or completely flat canvas to work on.
>
>
> We already have 2 empty/flat surfaces to work with: Parallax and Tidal, I think a Forge World with actual features to it is exactly what Forge needs, kind of a throwback to the golden age of forge.

Just gonna say it now… What do you mean by “the golden age of forge” I thought everyone was universally in agreement that Halo 5’s forge is by far the best…

Yeah the Forge maps they have now are really Smalls

Or they can make the barriers 4-5 times farther out and make it 2-3 times higher up on the Forge maps that are on halo 5 guardians! It take less time for them then! And then make bigger maps for Big Team Battle!! On the

> 2535434457651384;4:
> > 2535406272231884;2:
> > OR they could just make the current maps bigger as making another forge world is seemingly pointless when we can have an empty or completely flat canvas to work on.
>
>
> We already have 2 empty/flat surfaces to work with: Parallax and Tidal, I think a Forge World with actual features to it is exactly what Forge needs, kind of a throwback to the golden age of forge.

What does forge world do that simply expanding the boundaries on the current maps doesn’t do? Nothing right? Yeah, if they could make such a big map, expanding the barriers on current maps would be a better thing to focus on than a useless addition to forge that doesn’t add anything to it.

> 2533274853335092;3:
> The Forge maps they have now on Halo 5 guardians is not even close has big has Halo Reach Forge World which Bums me out a lot I know it bums a lot of people in the world out to.

Yeah, so making the current maps bigger is a better solution than creating an entire new map which doesn’t do jack.

> 2535446880805466;5:
> > 2535434457651384;4:
> > > 2535406272231884;2:
> > > OR they could just make the current maps bigger as making another forge world is seemingly pointless when we can have an empty or completely flat canvas to work on.
> >
> >
> > We already have 2 empty/flat surfaces to work with: Parallax and Tidal, I think a Forge World with actual features to it is exactly what Forge needs, kind of a throwback to the golden age of forge.
>
>
> Just gonna say it now… What do you mean by “the golden age of forge” I thought everyone was universally in agreement that Halo 5’s forge is by far the best…

Just because 5 is the “best” doesn’t mean that everyone is able to use it, there are people such as myself who are unable to forge without some sort of prefab, also if it weren’t for Reach’s Forge we wouldn’t even have Halo 5’s Forge, Reach revolutionized forge, 5 just evolved it, that’s what I mean by “golden age”, back when ANYONE could Forge a good map within only hours of starting a blank slate.

> 2535406272231884;7:
> > 2535434457651384;4:
> > > 2535406272231884;2:
> > > OR they could just make the current maps bigger as making another forge world is seemingly pointless when we can have an empty or completely flat canvas to work on.
> >
> >
> > We already have 2 empty/flat surfaces to work with: Parallax and Tidal, I think a Forge World with actual features to it is exactly what Forge needs, kind of a throwback to the golden age of forge.
>
>
> What does forge world do that simply expanding the boundaries on the current maps doesn’t do? Nothing right? Yeah, if they could make such a big map, expanding the barriers on current maps would be a better thing to focus on than a useless addition to forge that doesn’t add anything to it.

Forge World had some “unique” areas to it, such as the tunnel on the island, the hangar, the pillar, above the hangar, an island, a HUGE cave, quite a few small caves that are hidden away from plain sight and to top it all off, a completely empty blood gulch free for the player to design however they wish as well as still having room for the ocean, H5’s forge maps don’t even come close to the amount of awesome that Forge World still holds to this day.

Yes, if there any type of forge map it was Reach’s Forge World. That map was made almost perfectly. I only wished that the waterfall had some cool tunnel on the other side and it was a tunnel where it leads to the entrance of blood gulch.

Forge World was only cool because you could choose where you wanted to build so you could integrate a pre-existing land feature into your map.

Halo 5 Forge allows you build features to your specifications. Also, Halo 5’s Forge maps are almost as big as Forge World, it just doesn’t seem like it because there is fewer features.

> 2535434457651384;9:
> Just because 5 is the “best” doesn’t mean that everyone is able to use it, there are people such as myself who are unable to forge without some sort of prefab, also if it weren’t for Reach’s Forge we wouldn’t even have Halo 5’s Forge, Reach revolutionized forge, 5 just evolved it, that’s what I mean by “golden age”, back when ANYONE could Forge a good map within only hours of starting a blank slate.

Gonna jump in here and point out that, if anything, you have it backwards. Halo: Reach’s Forge was an evolution of Halo 3’s – it refined the existing feature set (including the ones that were the result of glitches) and added a few conveniences. And this was all quite enough for the time, because Halo 3’s Forge experience required some real dedication.

Halo 5’s Forge is absolutely revolutionary. The number of new features is unparalleled in Forge history, and all of it has enhanced the way maps get made. Even the existing fundamental stuff – how you move, how you move objects, how you interact with them – is fundamentally altered to allow you more control over every aspect of the items you put in place.

Just take a look at the maps we get in Halo 5. Haunted graveyards, derelict power plants, crazy octagonal prism tunnels with goal posts behind iris doors, rime-coated Forerunner facilities, colorful playpen-style ground pound towns. There’s one map that’s a barnyard, where you jump over killer pigs! There’s a map where one player is a flying friggin’ saucer that tries to suck up the other players, in an abandoned small town! There’s one map that’s a giant frying pan, and all the players are pancakes except one that’s a spatula! Halo: Reach has some wild gametypes, but it never had even a quarter of what Halo 5 has. No previous Forge has. That is a revolution.

This is the golden age of Forge. I feel like I just gave solid evidence to support that claim, but if you need more I can absolutely find more examples of truly wonderful, often bizarre maps and gametypes people have come up with since that December Forge update 10 months ago.

> 2535409489305717;11:
> Yes, if there any type of forge map it was Reach’s Forge World. That map was made almost perfectly. I only wished that the waterfall had some cool tunnel on the other side and it was a tunnel where it leads to the entrance of blood gulch.

Or that you could get to the water fall without a stupid barrier…

If forge world comes to halo 5, can we please lose the RETURN TO BATTLE FIELD thing in some of the interesting spots?

Also on that, can we be able to climb that mountain? Gosh that would be great to build a base on a mountain.

If they do that kind of thing with forge, that would make me super happy.

> 2678033349858034;13:
> > 2535434457651384;9:
> > Just because 5 is the “best” doesn’t mean that everyone is able to use it, there are people such as myself who are unable to forge without some sort of prefab, also if it weren’t for Reach’s Forge we wouldn’t even have Halo 5’s Forge, Reach revolutionized forge, 5 just evolved it, that’s what I mean by “golden age”, back when ANYONE could Forge a good map within only hours of starting a blank slate.
>
>
> Gonna jump in here and point out that, if anything, you have it backwards. Halo: Reach’s Forge was an evolution of Halo 3’s – it refined the existing feature set (including the ones that were the result of glitches) and added a few conveniences. And this was all quite enough for the time, because Halo 3’s Forge experience required some real dedication.
>
> Halo 5’s Forge is absolutely revolutionary. The number of new features is unparalleled in Forge history, and all of it has enhanced the way maps get made. Even the existing fundamental stuff – how you move, how you move objects, how you interact with them – is fundamentally altered to allow you more control over every aspect of the items you put in place.
>
> Just take a look at the maps we get in Halo 5. Haunted graveyards, derelict power plants, crazy octagonal prism tunnels with goal posts behind iris doors, rime-coated Forerunner facilities, colorful playpen-style ground pound towns. There’s one map that’s a barnyard, where you jump over killer pigs! There’s a map where one player is a flying friggin’ saucer that tries to suck up the other players, in an abandoned small town! There’s one map that’s a giant frying pan, and all the players are pancakes except one that’s a spatula! Halo: Reach has some wild gametypes, but it never had even a quarter of what Halo 5 has. No previous Forge has. That is a revolution.
>
> This is the golden age of Forge. I feel like I just gave solid evidence to support that claim, but if you need more I can absolutely find more examples of truly wonderful, often bizarre maps and gametypes people have come up with since that December Forge update 10 months ago.

Well I would agree with you were it not for one thing, the “golden age of Forge” doesn’t just depend on how good the Forge is, but how many people use it regularly, in Reach it was non-stop, the Forge maps were amazing and I’ve seen maps on Reach, that’d put H5 Forge maps to shame, and vice versa. But the point is when H5 Forge launched it turned away a LOT of people, due to the lack of user friendliness, not to mention the lack of a file browser certainly hurt H5’s Forges’ impact. Y’see Forge isn’t just about how well the Forge mode works, but rather how well the Forge mode works with custom games, and Reach still does that far superior to Halo 5. Reach’s Forge and Customs complimented eachother perfectly, there were so many game types, even Prop Hunt at some point (Mod sorta kinda) and H5’s Forge and Customs seem to contend with eachother more than compliment. I may be overthinking this, but the “golden age of Forge” IMO was definately Reach.

> 2535434457651384;9:
> > 2535446880805466;5:
> > > 2535434457651384;4:
> > > > 2535406272231884;2:
> > > > OR they could just make the current maps bigger as making another forge world is seemingly pointless when we can have an empty or completely flat canvas to work on.
> > >
> > >
> > > We already have 2 empty/flat surfaces to work with: Parallax and Tidal, I think a Forge World with actual features to it is exactly what Forge needs, kind of a throwback to the golden age of forge.
> >
> >
> > Just gonna say it now… What do you mean by “the golden age of forge” I thought everyone was universally in agreement that Halo 5’s forge is by far the best…
>
>
> Just because 5 is the “best” doesn’t mean that everyone is able to use it, there are people such as myself who are unable to forge without some sort of prefab, also if it weren’t for Reach’s Forge we wouldn’t even have Halo 5’s Forge, Reach revolutionized forge, 5 just evolved it, that’s what I mean by “golden age”, back when ANYONE could Forge a good map within only hours of starting a blank slate.

Concidering that I’m not a forger and learned how to use forge in less than two hours makes this fairly invalid, I know it’s overwhelming at first but it’s so easy to make things after that.

> 2535434457651384;15:
> > 2678033349858034;13:
> > > 2535434457651384;9:
> > > Just because 5 is the “best” doesn’t mean that everyone is able to use it, there are people such as myself who are unable to forge without some sort of prefab, also if it weren’t for Reach’s Forge we wouldn’t even have Halo 5’s Forge, Reach revolutionized forge, 5 just evolved it, that’s what I mean by “golden age”, back when ANYONE could Forge a good map within only hours of starting a blank slate.
> >
> >
> > Gonna jump in here and point out that, if anything, you have it backwards. Halo: Reach’s Forge was an evolution of Halo 3’s – it refined the existing feature set (including the ones that were the result of glitches) and added a few conveniences. And this was all quite enough for the time, because Halo 3’s Forge experience required some real dedication.
> >
> > Halo 5’s Forge is absolutely revolutionary. The number of new features is unparalleled in Forge history, and all of it has enhanced the way maps get made. Even the existing fundamental stuff – how you move, how you move objects, how you interact with them – is fundamentally altered to allow you more control over every aspect of the items you put in place.
> >
> > Just take a look at the maps we get in Halo 5. Haunted graveyards, derelict power plants, crazy octagonal prism tunnels with goal posts behind iris doors, rime-coated Forerunner facilities, colorful playpen-style ground pound towns. There’s one map that’s a barnyard, where you jump over killer pigs! There’s a map where one player is a flying friggin’ saucer that tries to suck up the other players, in an abandoned small town! There’s one map that’s a giant frying pan, and all the players are pancakes except one that’s a spatula! Halo: Reach has some wild gametypes, but it never had even a quarter of what Halo 5 has. No previous Forge has. That is a revolution.
> >
> > This is the golden age of Forge. I feel like I just gave solid evidence to support that claim, but if you need more I can absolutely find more examples of truly wonderful, often bizarre maps and gametypes people have come up with since that December Forge update 10 months ago.
>
>
> Well I would agree with you were it not for one thing, the “golden age of Forge” doesn’t just depend on how good the Forge is, but how many people use it regularly, in Reach it was non-stop, the Forge maps were amazing and I’ve seen maps on Reach, that’d put H5 Forge maps to shame, and vice versa. But the point is when H5 Forge launched it turned away a LOT of people, due to the lack of user friendliness, not to mention the lack of a file browser certainly hurt H5’s Forges’ impact. Y’see Forge isn’t just about how well the Forge mode works, but rather how well the Forge mode works with custom games, and Reach still does that far superior to Halo 5. Reach’s Forge and Customs complimented eachother perfectly, there were so many game types, even Prop Hunt at some point (Mod sorta kinda) and H5’s Forge and Customs seem to contend with eachother more than compliment. I may be overthinking this, but the “golden age of Forge” IMO was definately Reach.

With the addition of the browser around the corner and file share already in place which also includes prefabs to share, I believe H5 is going to blosom beautifully.

Nah I agree with OP forge world would be great if it was brought back.

It starts to play with our nostalgia and wins 343 brownie points.

It’s great build maps around some stuff that’s pre built already to see what you can do.

Just my opinion tho

Having blood gulch and all that area above it in Reach was THE BEST. That tall island was also very fun, not to mention the hangar & area above it, and the main island that was connected to blood gulch with that shallow water bridge thing. Man Forge World was the best.

> The Forge maps they have now on Halo 5 guardians is not even close has big has Halo Reach Forge World which Bums me out a lot I know it bums a lot of people in the world out to.

It doesn’t bum anybody out because almost no maps except maybe tank world even use the full canvas in Halo 5.