Forge World: City

Hey there guys, GenXIII here. I wanted to share an idea that the BNet comunity has talked about, but hasnt gotten much attention.

It’s called Forge City. Basically it’s a reskinned FW. Instead of grass and dirt, there are streets. Instead of hills and mountains, there are highways, and buildings. Half the ocean would be street.

There would be FX filters to alter time of day (morning, noon, sunset, night). Basically it would be empty.
These types of maps may not seem like it, but they are popular in MP map formula succession. This is because cities are just about EVERYWHERE.

GTA, Battlefield, Crysis, Resident Evil, ect. The list could go on for days.
The Forge pieces would be replaced with city peices (Streets, Buildings, Civilian Vehicles, Transport Vehicles). People would make the best Raccon City re-enactments ever. Same with Crysis 2, and GTA 4.

We just love camping out on rooftops, driving on freeways, and navigating through roadblocks to escape zombies.

Thoughts?

Some of my favorite halo maps, forged and default, have been city maps and with that costimization it would be amazing. :D!

that would be awesome

> Hey there guys, GenXIII here. I wanted to share an idea that the BNet comunity has talked about, but hasnt gotten much attention.
>
> It’s called Forge City. Basically it’s a reskinned FW. Instead of grass and dirt, there are streets. Instead of hills and mountains, there are highways, and buildings. Half the ocean would be street.
>
> There would be FX filters to alter time of day (morning, noon, sunset, night). Basically it would be empty.
> These types of maps may not seem like it, but they are popular in MP map formula succession. This is because cities are just about EVERYWHERE.
>
> GTA, Battlefield, Crysis, Resident Evil, ect. The list could go on for days.
> The Forge pieces would be replaced with city peices (Streets, Buildings, Civilian Vehicles, Transport Vehicles). People would make the best Raccon City re-enactments ever. Same with Crysis 2, and GTA 4.
>
> We just love camping out on rooftops, driving on freeways, and navigating through roadblocks to escape zombies.
>
> Thoughts?

This reminded me of a Halo 2 map… I can’t think of what it’s called, but it took place in a city and it was pretty small (not Headlong)… I’m pretty sure it was one of the downloadable maps, but it was one of my favorites. I’d definitely welcome a “Forge City”. Sounds like a pretty good idea to me, and this way we wont see gray structures all the time with some grass and water here and there…

> > Hey there guys, GenXIII here. I wanted to share an idea that the BNet comunity has talked about, but hasnt gotten much attention.
> >
> > It’s called Forge City. Basically it’s a reskinned FW. Instead of grass and dirt, there are streets. Instead of hills and mountains, there are highways, and buildings. Half the ocean would be street.
> >
> > There would be FX filters to alter time of day (morning, noon, sunset, night). Basically it would be empty.
> > These types of maps may not seem like it, but they are popular in MP map formula succession. This is because cities are just about EVERYWHERE.
> >
> > GTA, Battlefield, Crysis, Resident Evil, ect. The list could go on for days.
> > The Forge pieces would be replaced with city peices (Streets, Buildings, Civilian Vehicles, Transport Vehicles). People would make the best Raccon City re-enactments ever. Same with Crysis 2, and GTA 4.
> >
> > We just love camping out on rooftops, driving on freeways, and navigating through roadblocks to escape zombies.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> This reminded me of a Halo 2 map… I can’t think of what it’s called, but it took place in a city and it was pretty small (not Headlong)… I’m pretty sure it was one of the downloadable maps, but it was one of my favorites. I’d definitely welcome a “Forge City”. Sounds like a pretty good idea to me, and this way we wont see gray structures all the time with some grass and water here and there…

Turf? I loved Turf. :smiley:

If

> > > Hey there guys, GenXIII here. I wanted to share an idea that the BNet comunity has talked about, but hasnt gotten much attention.
> > >
> > > It’s called Forge City. Basically it’s a reskinned FW. Instead of grass and dirt, there are streets. Instead of hills and mountains, there are highways, and buildings. Half the ocean would be street.
> > >
> > > There would be FX filters to alter time of day (morning, noon, sunset, night). Basically it would be empty.
> > > These types of maps may not seem like it, but they are popular in MP map formula succession. This is because cities are just about EVERYWHERE.
> > >
> > > GTA, Battlefield, Crysis, Resident Evil, ect. The list could go on for days.
> > > The Forge pieces would be replaced with city peices (Streets, Buildings, Civilian Vehicles, Transport Vehicles). People would make the best Raccon City re-enactments ever. Same with Crysis 2, and GTA 4.
> > >
> > > We just love camping out on rooftops, driving on freeways, and navigating through roadblocks to escape zombies.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> > This reminded me of a Halo 2 map… I can’t think of what it’s called, but it took place in a city and it was pretty small (not Headlong)… I’m pretty sure it was one of the downloadable maps, but it was one of my favorites. I’d definitely welcome a “Forge City”. Sounds like a pretty good idea to me, and this way we wont see gray structures all the time with some grass and water here and there…
>
> Turf? I loved Turf. :smiley:

If he had the PC version, he may be talking about District. I miss both :smiley:

> Turf? I loved Turf. :smiley:

Yes! Haha. It was stuck in the back of my head… I knew it started with T, just couldnt remember the rest. But yeah, I lovedd turf and actually think they should remake it in a map pack… Or Halo 4 maybe? :slight_smile: (plz 343?)

how bout like “Forge Planet” with many different areas.
City
Volcano
Desert
Snow
Forest
Grassland
Wasteland
Sky
Underground area
Island
Underwater(glass aquarium?)
And space

> how bout like “Forge Planet” with many different areas.
> City
> Volcano
> Desert
> Snow
> Forest
> Grassland
> Wasteland
> Sky
> Underground area
> Island
> Underwater(glass aquarium?)
> And space

This would be cool but honestly I think its asking a bit too much. I mean we want them to make an awesome campaign a FF too right?

It would be so amazing! But it would have to still be a Haol styled city. Something that looks like bordwalk, or new mobassa, or alaxandria.

^
^
Of course. It would be like ODST. A big city in like New Mombossa, but nearly empty. YOU place the streetlights, buildings, and all the other details. Make a zombie infested Raccoon City, or make a collapsed 2012 city.

A city in an Xbox 360 title of Halo is past due.

> Hey there guys, GenXIII here. I wanted to share an idea that the BNet comunity has talked about, but hasnt gotten much attention.
>
> It’s called Forge City. Basically it’s a reskinned FW. Instead of grass and dirt, there are streets. Instead of hills and mountains, there are highways, and buildings. Half the ocean would be street.
>
> There would be FX filters to alter time of day (morning, noon, sunset, night). Basically it would be empty.
> These types of maps may not seem like it, but they are popular in MP map formula succession. This is because cities are just about EVERYWHERE.
>
> GTA, Battlefield, Crysis, Resident Evil, ect. The list could go on for days.
> The Forge pieces would be replaced with city peices (Streets, Buildings, Civilian Vehicles, Transport Vehicles). People would make the best Raccon City re-enactments ever. Same with Crysis 2, and GTA 4.
>
> We just love camping out on rooftops, driving on freeways, and navigating through roadblocks to escape zombies.
>
> Thoughts?

This would be the best thing to ever happen on Halo! Zombies would be the best game type, Forge City at night with all the massive buildings and cars crashed. I hope Forge City happens. I would make a zombie game type for sure.

I always thought that the mission in Halo Reach where your flying the Falcon, “New Alexandria,” when your in New Alexandria would make an excellent forge space. But then one has to think about how much processing power that requires, for such an massive forge space and if your editing it, adding your own little want nots to it, can the 360 handle it? If it could, I would LOVE a forge-able area like that.

But that’s just me.

Something else that 343 could think about it weather effects, or adding partical effects, to arenas, like smoke, dust, little white glowing things that look cool even though you don’t know what their meant to be. :slight_smile:

> I always thought that the mission in Halo Reach where your flying the Falcon, “New Alexandria,” when your in New Alexandria would make an excellent forge space. But then one has to think about how much processing power that requires, for such an massive forge space and if your editing it, adding your own little want nots to it, can the 360 handle it? If it could, I would LOVE a forge-able area like that.
>
> But that’s just me.
>
> Something else that 343 could think about it weather effects, or adding partical effects, to arenas, like smoke, dust, little white glowing things that look cool even though you don’t know what their meant to be. :slight_smile:

Yeah weather effects would be nice.