Forge World 2?

Should H4 have a Forge World like Reach with multiple spaces to create maps?

If no, how should it change?

except its forge world should be twice as big. With danger canyon, blood gulch, a bigger better forerunner “cave”. And the plataeu and the island.

> except its forge world should be twice as big. With danger canyon, blood gulch, a bigger better forerunner “cave”. And the plataeu and the island.

I’d also like the ability to change environments

Like Rain, Fog, trees, water, night, and evening FX

would be difficult, but yea.

i’d love for them to make forge a full map maker. not the map editor it is now. that would be awesome but it’s just wishful thinking

> i’d love for them to make forge a full map maker. not the map editor it is now. that would be awesome but it’s just wishful thinking

It would if they had one for complete map making and one for editing. Though the full map maker would require alot of creativity and would probably much more complicated.

I’s like to see everything of Reach’s forge world with better graphics PLUS a lake, a mountain where one side is snowy the other is a thick woodland area and inside is a volcano that looks like an areana except that you can see the magma through the floor and explore. Also a beach with actual WAVES and palm trees and sand and everything you expect in a beach. From the beach there is a city to explore big as New Mombasa(hell make it New Mombasa, but add the beach) and in the center of the city add a racing collusium(Make it huge and perfectly seeable from the sky).
Last add plains. Perfectly flat land surrounded by mountains.

> I’s like to see everything of Reach’s forge world with better graphics PLUS a lake, a mountain where one side is snowy the other is a thick woodland area and inside is a volcano that looks like an areana except that you can see the magma through the floor and explore. Also a beach with actual WAVES and palm trees and sand and everything you expect in a beach. From the beach there is a city to explore big as New Mombasa(hell make it New Mombasa, but add the beach) and in the center of the city add a racing collusium(Make it huge and perfectly seeable from the sky).
> Last add plains. Perfectly flat land surrounded by mountains.

Sounds like pretty much every environment. Maybe changing the Env. from a grassy hill to a snowy mountain could eventually make it’s way in.

I like your volcano idea. We should see something like that as a new Env.

I’d also like Underwater submerged maps and Covy planet maps.

> > I’s like to see everything of Reach’s forge world with better graphics PLUS a lake, a mountain where one side is snowy the other is a thick woodland area and inside is a volcano that looks like an areana except that you can see the magma through the floor and explore. Also a beach with actual WAVES and palm trees and sand and everything you expect in a beach. From the beach there is a city to explore big as New Mombasa(hell make it New Mombasa, but add the beach) and in the center of the city add a racing collusium(Make it huge and perfectly seeable from the sky).
> > Last add plains. Perfectly flat land surrounded by mountains.
>
> Sounds like pretty much every environment. Maybe changing the Env. from a grassy hill to a snowy mountain could eventually make it’s way in.
>
> I like your volcano idea. We should see something like that as a new Env.
>
> I’d also like Underwater submerged maps and Covy planet maps.

This^^, but can I keep my lake and beach?

No, why would anyone want Forge World back? It’s awful.

It’s lag is unbearable at times, its unacceptable. And that is because it’s a WORLD, not a regular map. So when you pick Asylum, the whole of Forge World is also chosen.

It’s also bland and boring, and it’s disgusting how many games are played on Forge World.

What we need is either;

A full map creator/editor ie change environments adjust landscape, colours, everything.

or

A few different maps of varying size and environment (landscape and colour scheme and forge pieces).

But mainly it should have no lag.

To be honest… a smaller playspace means less stuff to load… means less framerate drops… I’m all for big areas… I don’t want a “world” I’d like something Sandtrap’s size but with Sandbox’s skygrid… idk just… I’d rather have had the 5 areas (coloseum , Blood gulch, island, rock, and the cliff) than a world… just too much… and with very little to gain from it… just my view on things… I want a MUCH better pallet though… foundry and sandbox style… with things like crates and barriers… ect.

> To be honest… a smaller playspace means less stuff to load… means less framerate drops… I’m all for big areas… I don’t want a “world” I’d like something Sandtrap’s size but with Sandbox’s skygrid… idk just… I’d rather have had the 5 areas (coloseum , Blood gulch, island, rock, and the cliff) than a world… just too much… and with very little to gain from it… just my view on things… I want a MUCH better pallet though… foundry and sandbox style… with things like crates and barriers… ect.

So you rather have a remake of Sandbox?

The one thing forge needs is the ability to place different textures on objects (like with texture packs).

> The one thing forge needs is the ability to place different textures on objects (like with texture packs).

Yes and more FX. Not just colors and stuff.

Forge World is notoriously non-forge friendly. It has almost exclusively uneven, rough terrain, so most maps are made in the sky. Also, screen lag ruins many maps. It’s probably the most inefficient use of space on a map I’ve ever seen. It’s like thrice the size of sandtrap and there’s only a couple of places that are legitimately forgeable.

If there is a Forge World 2, I think it would be best for 343 to just give us an open skybox. This would do two things:

1. Eliminate screen lag, since there’d be no rendering of huge enviroments
  2. 343 could give us the tools and forge pieces to build our own terrain, so we’re not stuck with the same terrain on every map that’s not in the sky

> Forge World is notoriously non-forge friendly. It has almost exclusively uneven, rough terrain, so most maps are made in the sky. Also, screen lag ruins many maps. It’s probably the most inefficient use of space on a map I’ve ever seen. It’s like thrice the size of sandtrap and there’s only a couple of places that are legitimately forgeable.
>
> If there is a Forge World 2, I think it would be best for 343 to just give us an open skybox. This would do two things:
>
> 1. Eliminate screen lag, since there’d be no rendering of huge enviroments
> 2. 343 could give us the tools and forge pieces to build our own terrain, so we’re not stuck with the same terrain on every map that’s not in the sky

I disagree, I’ve made a good amount of maps in many different areas. And in the area where Asylum is, serves as a flat terrain for medium and compact maps.

The hemorrhage valley is nearly unusable because its flat generally, but there are hills thrown everywhere. The flat area is too small, and the island is just barely used enough.

I think that they should put some of the forge remakes that I’ve recently downloaded. They’re really as spot on as you could possibly get them and I think they would get a better rep than all the current forge maps like Abridged. Kinda off topic sorry.

I wonder if dedicated servers would allow for not only a larger forge world, but for more players being able to co-operatively forge at once. Can you imagine a 16 player forge project! It’d be fantastic. It’d also be much easier to play your favourite maps, getting people to test maps, and then getting people to actually play them regularly!

I’d definitely like the following though.

• Terrain editing
  • More varied structural themes - Jungle, Desert, Tundra, Forerunner, Covenant, UNSC etc
  • More fun sandbox style toys like magnets, gravity panels, elastic, portals, grapples etc
  • Copy and Paste

> I wonder if dedicated servers would allow for not only a larger forge world, but for more players being able to co-operatively forge at once. Can you imagine a 16 player forge project! It’d be fantastic. It’d also be much easier to play your favourite maps, getting people to test maps, and then getting people to actually play them regularly!
>
> I’d definitely like the following though.
>
> - Terrain editing
> - More varied structural themes - Jungle, Desert, Tundra, Forerunner, Covenant, UNSC etc
> - More fun sandbox style toys like magnets, gravity panels, elastic, portals, grapples etc
> - Copy and Paste

Oh yeah, copy and paste is a gimme. Also Undo and Redo. That would be nice.