Forge will be coming next month BUUUUTTTTTTT!

Rumour has it that the Custom Game Browser “WILL NOT BE RELEASED WITH FORGE!” next month. I hope that is not true!

Forge will not be worth a crap if we don’t get a Custom Game Browser!!
How are Forgers going to show their maps off if they don’t have a Custom Game Browser???

WOW!! I just hope it’s not true!!

Peace! :fist_right: :fist_left:

6 Likes

It’s true. no custom game browser until at least mid march.

Forge will be in beta until at least summer '23

1 Like

Not quite sure why you have it pegged as a “rumour”.

It’s right there in the Autumn / Winter roadmap.

“Custom Game Browser” is on the Season 3 side of the map.

Frustrating to be sure. But the next Forge video will detail file sharing etc. So we’ll find out what we at least get to use leading into Season 3.

2 Likes

File share is broken. Hopefully it gets fixed for nov 8

1 Like

Things have totally been flipped on their heads now.
Something that 343 had previously stated is now a rumor, while things that 343 will likely not confirm for months or years is taken as factual.

1 Like

You would certainly hope so.

I’m expecting a full update to file sharing and custom game options.

2 Likes

Why? I would dial those expectations back if I were you.

2 Likes

What can I say? I’m a sucker for punishment.

1 Like

WOW!! Really?? That sucks. How are people going to show off their new maps so people can join to see your maps! WOW! This gotta suck with no Custom Game Browser!! WOW!!!

Side Note!

SO what if the file sharing is worked BIG DEAL ( which is not! ) You still don’t have a custom game browser to run on your server so people can’t join your custom game server. WOW!!

I ask again!! How can you get people to join your custom game if there is no custom game browser to play your custom maps??? I really want to know!

1 Like

There’s file share aka view files. But it’s broken, you can currently only use it to upload game modes you made. But when someone downloads it, the game just loads default slayer :upside_down_face:

If they don’t fix that, then GGs
I guess everyone would have 6+ months to polish their maps before releasing at that point.

1 Like

hahahaha WOW!! IMHO there is no excuse for this. Both Forge and the Custom Game Browser should have been released when Halo Infinite was released!!

Just add it to the list…

100% agree. But they started an initiative called priority 0 which is about avoiding crunch and making sure employee mental health is good. At least that’s how it was sold. Reality is, it means microsoft doesn’t have to have full time employees. So no full time benefits for most people at 343.

It’s a lose- lose situation rn and probably won’t change for another year.

1 Like

At least you admit it. Most of us that are left are in denial.

1 Like

It isn’t a rumour the roadmap literally said it wouldn’t make it for launch.

I do agree it absolutely sucks though and will greatly diminish the impact of forge especially for more casual players. I see a lot of people trying to downplay how important it is but it’s hard finding a large group of people to play Halo outside of matchmaking these days.

1 Like

That is how we did it in the Halo Combat Evolved and Halo CE days. You make your maps then put them on a website so people could download your custom maps!

It would be nice for 343 to do it like Unreal Tournament did!. Ok you join a server but you dont have the map. No big deal. Unreal Tournament would “AUTOMATICLLY DOWNLOAD THE MAP TO YOU!!” IMHO that would be the smartest way to do it since we don’t have a Custom Game Browser!!

1 Like

Really? What about our mental state of us who play Halo Infinite Players?? :laughing:

Gods, every time with this crud. I hate it here lol.

Why are they even launching it then? Forge and CGB go hand in hand.

What I’m hearing is Forge is being released unfinished just like everything else in this game.

2 Likes

It’s not a rumor, it’s a fact.
sorry chief.

1 Like