Forge weapons/armor/emblems and 343 approves them

Hi 343,

Can you please design a forge for players to create their own customizations and then we, as Spartans, can send them your way for approval like a Pic in dating apps.

This is all pros and no cons. Pros, 343 doesn’t have to design everything just basic stuff and…

You can limit the amount of armor skins e. G. By making players earn materials for skins or purchase them.

The end result is truly an “infinite” game… And 343 just simply needs to design the ui gui or forges for our suits, guns, and emblems…

Kind Regards,

Illi

I may be wrong here, so sorry if I am, but that just sounds like modding. Forge is kinda like a preset version of modding, from what I understand.

Sounds cool… but would be a huge time investment for 343. I imagine those resources would be better spent elsewhere.

A custom emblem UI would be pretty nice to have.

I think for Emblems and possibly (maybe) armor and weapon skins this sounds cool.

For actual armor sets and weapon models, though (as in the actual 3D models) this seems like a nightmare to build and support. Not sure if you meant for your idea to include more than just Emblem and Skin support- if you didn’t, I think it could be a good play.

They need’nt look further than Forza Motorsport for inspiration for a pretty awesome skin and emblem in-game customizer. Since all the MS studios are mandated to play nice with each other, it may even be possible to directly lift some code for this. Not sure how much of it would be directly useful, but it’s an awesome place to start.

> 2533274861158694;5:
> I think for Emblems and possibly (maybe) armor and weapon skins this sounds cool.
>
> For actual armor sets and weapon models, though (as in the actual 3D models) this seems like a nightmare to build and support. Not sure if you meant for your idea to include more than just Emblem and Skin support- if you didn’t, I think it could be a good play.
>
> They need’nt look further than Forza Motorsport for inspiration for a pretty awesome skin and emblem in-game customizer. Since all the MS studios are mandated to play nice with each other, it may even be possible to directly lift some code for this. Not sure how much of it would be directly useful, but it’s an awesome place to start.

Hi it’s Illi,

I admittadly know nothing of the field of video game development… But I would ask for it to be considered for the next halo and only if they are spending time on my, and yes I understand this is evidentuarily egotistic, grav accell for multi-player game play. Also, if they are I prefer that…

But hopefully we can get some aethestics and that doesn’t cost too much time. I do understand and have been involved with time sensitive project and… I’d pitch it like this…

Let’s get the grav accell accomplished and save something for the future… Illi just jumped from a to d… Let’s not hurt his head again…:yum: “chuckles”… I’m sure there will be more beautiful ideas later freely given by him… Now back to work…

Kind Regards,
Illi

I can definitely admire your enthusiasm and passion. Best thing to do is keep sharing your ideas and don’t take it personally if they don’t show up in the final products. I’m sure 343i appreciates your suggestions and friendly attitude.