Forge vehicle welding help needed

Hi,

I’m trying to wield a modified prop car to a mongoose.

However, when I try to weld them together and change the physics back to normal, the whole object falls apart.

Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on this to fix the problem?

If you just turn them into a group, that happens. You need to choose the option to weld them.

> 2535449348170214;2:
> If you just turn them into a group, that happens. You need to choose the option to weld them.

The option to weld isn’t showing up for some reason.

I’ve had to group the lights and spoiler to keep them attached to the car, could that be interfering with the welding?

It works fine on a normal prop car and mongoose.

> 2533274870717152;3:
> > 2535449348170214;2:
> > If you just turn them into a group, that happens. You need to choose the option to weld them.
>
> The option to weld isn’t showing up for some reason.
>
> I’ve had to group the lights and spoiler to keep them attached to the car, could that be interfering with the welding?
>
> It works fine on a normal prop car and mongoose.

There are some objects that can’t be welded, like the invisible lights. You’ll have to use a different light object.

Okay so, I’m going to run you through all of it, even if you know most of what I’m saying, to start off, put the car prefab and the mongoose both to Phased physics. Then move the mongoose into the car, but make sure it’s wheels can still touch the ground or else it won’t drive correctly. After the mongoose is positioned in the spot you want, select both the car and the mongoose, go into object properties, and select "create welded group". After this is finished set the parent of the group to the mongoose. Set it to normal, but make an extra copy so you don’t have to start from scratch;). If it still shots all the pieces out everywhere and doesn’t work right, save the prefab and restart on a new map. Hope this was helpful.

> 2533274915339998;5:
> Okay so, I’m going to run you through all of it, even if you know most of what I’m saying, to start off, put the car prefab and the mongoose both to Phased physics. Then move the mongoose into the car, but make sure it’s wheels can still touch the ground or else it won’t drive correctly. After the mongoose is positioned in the spot you want, select both the car and the mongoose, go into object properties, and select "create welded group". After this is finished set the parent of the group to the mongoose. Set it to normal, but make an extra copy so you don’t have to start from scratch;). If it still shots all the pieces out everywhere and doesn’t work right, save the prefab and restart on a new map. Hope this was helpful.

Thanks, I’ll try that out when I get chance. :grinning:

Locked at OP’s request.