Forge Upgrades NEEDED!!

1. Group Locking/Multi-Select - We need some ability to select a whole group of objects and move them as one unit. Either group locking (eg. you lock objects together as a single unit) or multi-select would work.

2. Zoom/Laser Pointer - Zoom is a very useful feature as monitor in Forge. It allows you to get a better look at your seams and such, not to mention it’s absolutely necessary when dealing with large objects. Also add a laser point effect when you zoom (think Binary Rifle) so that I can tell someone “hey this object needs to be moved higher” with ease.

3. Object in Use - Show an object in use as blinking red or something so everyone knows that piece is being placed. Also have pieces blink green when someone uses the laser pointer as described above.

4. View Details - When you highlight an object, even if it is locked, you should be able to view coordinates and properties without selecting or unlocking the object.

5. Fix Object Select - When you select an object from the menus and place it on the map, your monitor moves. This makes it harder or impossible to work in enclosed areas since you clip through walls or get pushed into corners when placing new objects. Please remove this!

I’m sure there is more, but this stuff would improve Forge a whole heck of a lot.

> 1. Group Locking/Multi-Select - We need some ability to select a whole group of objects and move them as one unit. Either group locking (eg. you lock objects together as a single unit) or multi-select would work.

This would be very useful I agree. Help a lot.

> This would be very useful I agree. Help a lot.

Can’t tell you how much time I wasted moving a whole base up 10 points and to the left 8 LOL.

> > This would be very useful I agree. Help a lot.
>
> Can’t tell you how much time I wasted moving a whole base up 10 points and to the left 8 LOL.

No joke. Spent many a times going, why can’t I just move the whole darn thing.

Forza allows a creator to lock and move whole parts of a design. Forge in all reality is not too much different then Forza Paintshop.

How about an upgrade that makes my floor’s rotation and height not messed up every time I load up the map.

I load up my map, that I so carefully constructed, and my floor us out if place by 2 units. To the point where I can’t walk across it without jumping. Any idea how annoying that is?

also add structures like walls and building blocks to all maps instead of the three “forge” maps.

> How about an upgrade that makes my floor’s rotation and height not messed up every time I load up the map.
>
> I load up my map, that I so carefully constructed, and my floor us out if place by 2 units. To the point where I can’t walk across it without jumping. Any idea how annoying that is?

This was a big issue in Reach. Had it happen to me on maps all the time.

> How about an upgrade that makes my floor’s rotation and height not messed up every time I load up the map.
>
> I load up my map, that I so carefully constructed, and my floor us out if place by 2 units. To the point where I can’t walk across it without jumping. Any idea how annoying that is?

Never had that happen. But yes some of the bugginess needs fixing too.

I will sign this after they fix the horrid location issues… Makes it literally impossible to lay down a flat floor in the air.