Forge trouble shooting - shields not respawning -

I’ve been spending hours trying to find the answers to my problem before coming here. Hopefully there is someone skilled in Forge (for Xbox, not PC) troubleshooting that can help me out.

I’ve been working on a pillbox that has a few colourable shields on it as panels and they won’t respawn after being popped… why ?

So I started off with a basic structure and tested out the shields and they respawned but as I finished up the structure it seems that at some point they stop respawning. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this as I have another structure on the map that also uses shields but only one of them won’t respawn after being popped when the tank is in the garage. Note, the other shields are equally as close to the tank as the one that won’t respawn.

Has anyone experienced this same situation in their projects and how did you fix it please.

here is the blue pillbox I’m having troubles with. (the red one is identical, except red coloured shields)
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-ca/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/forge-object-groups?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=ooSnip3r#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_forgeobject_ooSnip3r_24b18603-ad94-42c3-b02e-e75fbe9b0d94

and here is the map that they are on. Note also the front door shield to the tank garage I built also suffers the same issue until you drive the tank out, but it’s not even close to touching the shield.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-ca/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=ooSnip3r#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_ooSnip3r_f40437be-e1a0-41ce-aa8c-b9cee6b97d33

Thanks for your help.

I’ll take a look at it for you. Probably just some redundancy scripting needed to force a respawn. Your prefab wouldn’t pull up, but if they are in the map, I’ll be able to look at them there.

Thank you so much b0b is here !!

That’s weird the forge object wouldn’t load for you. Here’s the red pillbox. It’s the same, just red coloured shields.

I was just playing on the map a while ago and when I shot at the red pillbox with the tank, the whole structure disappeared !! Tank does beat everything. LOL !!
I wish there were more troubleshooting tutorials for Forge.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/forge-object-groups?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=ooSnip3r#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_forgeobject_ooSnip3r_7314a023-175a-424b-a967-e41e7abba7da

Alright, so it looks like all you need to do is unweld both red and blue pillbox structures in the map in forge. Next grab one of the shields and go to its options and select ‘select all’. while holding all of the object types scroll down further in the same menu and turn on respawn to 1 second (you had it turned off). Do the grab and select all for the other type of shield as well, since I notice two shield sizes. It won’t always respawn in 1 second, but it will try and most likely succeed if too many objects/players aren’t colliding with it.

Thanks b0b is here , I’m gonna load it up right now and see if I can complete that. I think I know what you mean.

Awesome !! So that worked. I unwelded the group then made one of the shields the parent object of the group. Deselected the group, then reselected the group. Enabled respawn and then it worked like a charm. The red box took me having to remove the 3 shield pieces from the structure group and I created their own group and then did the same. It’s still a bit buggy maybe I did something goofy to it during a previous session. I’m gonna redo the prefab later and make those setting changes there as well for future use so that they always work. I guess as soon as I welded the group that’s when the respawn broke huh.

I tried to fix the front shield door on the garage, but it looks like it won’t respawn because the tank is too close to it. That’s fine.

Thanks again b0b is here for taking the time to help troubleshoot this issue.

Just leave the system ungrouped when you have it placed where you want. It’s the grouping of the system that’s messing it up.

b0b is here can I pick your brain on another spawning related issue in forge I came across please.

Building a new map and I placed red and blue initial spawns and they worked, but then I went and placed neutral initial spawns to support other game types and when I placed those items it seems to have overridden the Red and Blue initial spawns for anything team play related. I’ve been searching through all the youtube vids and forums that I can find, but there doesn’t seem to be any Spawn related troubleshooting guide.

Do you know why when I placed the neutral initial spawns that it won’t spawn me into a red or blue initial spawn when I load Team(game type).

Thanks.

> 2535441152633368;8:
> b0b is here can I pick your brain on another spawning related issue in forge I came across please.
>
> Building a new map and I placed red and blue initial spawns and they worked, but then I went and placed neutral initial spawns to support other game types and when I placed those items it seems to have overridden the Red and Blue initial spawns for anything team play related. I’ve been searching through all the youtube vids and forums that I can find, but there doesn’t seem to be any Spawn related troubleshooting guide.
>
> Do you know why when I placed the neutral initial spawns that it won’t spawn me into a red or blue initial spawn when I load Team(game type).
>
> Thanks.

Restrict the spawns via gametype labels. In their properties select labels, and for the neutral spawns/respawns change the label to ffa include; you can also choose the exclude label for a number of gametypes if you need to. With the red and blue spawns you’ll need to ffa exclude them. A bit of trial and error may be needed since you have team and fffa based gametypes playable on the map.

Thank you so much b0b is here , I actually got super frustrated with trying to figure it out that I ended up deleting all the neutral initial spawns so that I could focus on other things and then come back to it later… and it seems that the game will just use respawn locations for initial spawns in FFA so in a way deleting them solved my issue. haha.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-ca/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/map-variants?lastModifiedFilter=Everything&sortOrder=BookmarkCount&page=1&gamertag=ooSnip3r#ugc_halo-5-guardians_xbox-one_mapvariant_ooSnip3r_58cbaaa8-d8b4-4cdd-8f0e-0e9e3b1ef3a7

Thanks again for your help on those pillbox shields. I dropped them into the new map I’m working on and they work really well !! Can’t wait to get a bunch of players in there to fully test out the area.