Forge - Time of Day

Halo 5 is shaping up to be amazing, and forge is hopefully no exception.

So, what if they could add time of day :slight_smile:

• Could be a custom game option, where you select a time (sunrise, morning, day, sundown, night) or choose the cycle speed (2x, 10x, 20x, etc) so that the time gradually changes.
  • Could be an actual forge object, like a special effect and in the advanced menu have all of the time options.

Could make for some pretty awesome maps, hopefully 343 sees this and adds something like it, if not for Halo 5, then hopefully Halo 6 :slight_smile:

Yes. I think that id is going to make 343 step up their game as far as Forge goes.

wasn’t this confirmed soon after the Beta? I could be wrong though.

> 2533274826066683;3:
> wasn’t this confirmed soon after the Beta? I could be wrong though.

Hope so but don’t think it was

This would be a really cool addition to make the maps feel different and prevent us from going blind by accidentally selecting the black and white light in Forge.

That light is seriously the worst.

> 2533274833600810;5:
> This would be a really cool addition to make the maps feel different and prevent us from going blind by accidentally selecting the black and white light in Forge.
>
> That light is seriously the worst.

Exactly

> 2533274978414969;4:
> > 2533274826066683;3:
> > wasn’t this confirmed soon after the Beta? I could be wrong though.
>
>
> Hope so but don’t think it was

I just looked at the article, I was kind of wrong, they only confirmed that we could choose different lighting setups, but since Pegasus and Orion both seemed to take place during a different time of day, so that could mean these lighting setups are stuff like time of day.

EDIT: Source.
EDIT 2: Sorry for mobile link

Ive heard this rumor before, hopefully someone can confirm it. Would be an awesome feature.

Imagine if you could forge in scarabs. That would be awesome as well.

The remix maps have different times of day, so I’d hope so. Also would love weather effects

Don’t see why not, Halo 3 had it.

Because of what I saw in Halo 2 Anniversary’s Forge, I have a strong feeling that Halo 5: Guardians’ Forge will be epic.

Sounds like a good idea.

This is almost guaranteed considering the forge maps had different times of day. Now lets hope we get some weather effects.

I would love to make a night map with a heavy blizzard hindering the players vision.

We really need an epic forge in halo 5, if it does end up being amazing then I would forgive them of everything else. Seriously though, forge+file browser makes halo 100x better. I always loved downloading the top made forge maps/game types in halo reach and playing community made maps in matchmaking

> 2533274821174589;10:
> The remix maps have different times of day, so I’d hope so. Also would love weather effects

Like snowy, blizzard, sunny, raining, thunderstorm and sandstorm!

> 2533274978414969;1:
> Halo 5 is shaping up to be amazing, and forge is hopefully no exception.
>
> So, what if they could add time of day :slight_smile:
>
> - Could be a custom game option, where you select a time (sunrise, morning, day, sundown, night) or choose the cycle speed (2x, 10x, 20x, etc) so that the time gradually changes.
> - Could be an actual forge object, like a special effect and in the advanced menu have all of the time options.
>
> Could make for some pretty awesome maps, hopefully 343 sees this and adds something like it, if not for Halo 5, then hopefully Halo 6 :slight_smile:

As amusing, and interesting as this would be, I don’t think it would be worth the investment of time/resources. I don’t think you remember the lighting effects in Halo 4, took a bit to do forge, and that was a single location of light.

I think it’s a neat idea, although time of day doesn’t exactly matter if the map is set in a place where sunlight is closed off, or if it’s set in space.

343 has a lot of things to do with Forge and Custom Games before they get to this, though. They need add searching back, they need to add more objects in Forge, they need to make setting up game nights easier, I could go on forever.

> 2533274938678576;17:
> > 2533274978414969;1:
> > Halo 5 is shaping up to be amazing, and forge is hopefully no exception.
> >
> > So, what if they could add time of day :slight_smile:
> >
> > - Could be a custom game option, where you select a time (sunrise, morning, day, sundown, night) or choose the cycle speed (2x, 10x, 20x, etc) so that the time gradually changes.
> > - Could be an actual forge object, like a special effect and in the advanced menu have all of the time options.
> >
> > Could make for some pretty awesome maps, hopefully 343 sees this and adds something like it, if not for Halo 5, then hopefully Halo 6 :slight_smile:
>
>
> As amusing, and interesting as this would be, I don’t think it would be worth the investment of time/resources. I don’t think you remember the lighting effects in Halo 4, took a bit to do forge, and that was a single location of light.

Believe me, I do remember, but H2A is pretty great with its lighting (with the exception of anything made on Awash, and the occasional bug) so this could possibly be happen.