Forge, Theatre, Custom Games not playable offline?

I always wonder, why can’t we play offline for them? there is no need for online play when solo so why is it you need connection to use them?

To sell more Xbox Live Gold.

> 2535456165221911;2:
> To sell more Xbox Live Gold.

i hope that’s not the reason.

Yup. Its a shame.

> 2533274800212919;1:
> I always wonder, why can’t we play offline for them? there is no need for online play when solo so why is it you need connection to use them?

EVERYTHING is hosted on dedicated servers. For something like custom games, the advantage is clear: no host advantage. With forge the current assumption is that there is some cloud computing going on to allow for some of the very complex tasks you can do in forge, such as duplicating half your map and moving it around. I don’t think the Xbox One is powerful enough to handle those things on it’s own. Unfortunately they’ve done a horrible job explaining the situation, and surprisingly they haven’t really explained the advantages that we get for them doing it this way. Tom French confirmed that they are looking into a “Local” forge option.

> 2533274794242693;5:
> > 2533274800212919;1:
> > I always wonder, why can’t we play offline for them? there is no need for online play when solo so why is it you need connection to use them?
>
>
> EVERYTHING is hosted on dedicated servers. For something like custom games, the advantage is clear: no host advantage. With forge the current assumption is that there is some cloud computing going on to allow for some of the very complex tasks you can do in forge, such as duplicating half your map and moving it around. I don’t think the Xbox One is powerful enough to handle those things on it’s own. Unfortunately they’ve done a horrible job explaining the situation, and surprisingly they haven’t really explained the advantages that we get for them doing it this way. Tom French confirmed that they are looking into a “Local” forge option.

it’s sad to say but basically this. I feel that at the very least since most people forge alone anyway that they should make that one offline somehow. or even just make it so that they only need silver instead of gold.